AB recognition | The Boneyard

AB recognition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
AB takes plenty of hits here (some deserved/some not, but let's give him the recognition he deserves tonight: obviously he could have finished better at the rim a good number of times, but was one of major reasons we got the W..
Agreed, he's gotten slammed, he deserves credit tonight for his effort. This said, you can't miss from point blank range when you are his size.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
AB takes plenty of hits here (some deserved/some not, but let's give him the recognition he deserves tonight: obviously he could have finished better at the rim a good number of times, but was one of major reasons we got the W..

9 points, 10 boards (including two huge ones), 4 blocks and 1 turnover. I'll take thst every night.

Making the front end of a 1-and-1 is important though.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Brimah should not be riding pine at the expense of Enoch's development - tonight proved he can have a direct positive impact on games. His shortcomings/lack of forward progress may catch him flak, but this team still needs him on the floor.

Reaction Score
Liked AB's improved rebounding but his shot looks like it got worst. Maybe it is all the upper body muscle he put on this year. LOL!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He played well tonight. If he gets ten rebounds, I don't care whether he gets three points, ten points, one point...just get those rebounds and play defense.

I do wish he'd hit those free throws, but he's not alone there.

Reaction Score
Brimah shouldn't get lumped in with Facey and Purvis. Brimah never improved like we hoped he would offensively and rebounding has never really been his thing but he doesn't do the complete disappearing act like those other two. Brimah effects the game on defense when he is out there. If he can put up a bunch of these 10 rebound games, we might not totally suck.

Reaction Score
9, 10 and 4 is a nice stat line. But missing the front end of a 1 and 1 at crunch time can't happen against good teams.

Reaction Score
Brimah shouldn't get lumped in with Facey and Purvis. Brimah never improved like we hoped he would offensively and rebounding has never really been his thing but he doesn't do the complete disappearing act like those other two. Brimah effects the game on defense when he is out there. If he can put up a bunch of these 10 rebound games, we might not totally suck.
hes going to change the game in maui if he stays out of foul trouble. everyone else is relatively trash on defense, minus vital and adams late in the game.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
9, 10 and 4 is a nice stat line. But missing the front end of a 1 and 1 at crunch time can't happen against good teams.

From your center? I don't think AB is where you start when looking at our lousy free throw shooting.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
AB always has great effort. I seriously worry about his hands though. He has such a difficult time corralling rebounds. He was dropping the ball all game today. He couldn't even cleanly catch an entry pass. I know we are happy just to get a win at this point but I still expect much better out of this senior. He looked like he could've had somewhat of an inside game sophomore year and now he can barely catch the ball.

.... Of course there are a lot of people who need to play better also. Hopefully this win will let this team relax and just play basketball. There are some tough games in Maui that we just simply can't go in playing like how we've been playing.

Reaction Score
From your center? I don't think AB is where you start when looking at our lousy free throw shooting.

He is a senior who shot very well from the line last year, over 82%. Simply cannot miss front ends against good teams.

Reaction Score
He showed many of his normal flaws tonight, but he did a lot well tonight. I was happy for him.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
He is a senior who shot very well from the line last year. Simply cannot miss front ends against good teams.

Obviously he can. So have many of our guards. Just once I wish someone could say something positive about Brimah without ten negative responses. Don't think that is your intent.

Reaction Score
Obviously he can. So have many of our guards. Just once I wish someone could say something positive about Brimah without ten negative responses. Don't think that is your intent.

No, its more that I am surprised that he missed the front end given how good of a free throw shooter he has been. This team doesn't have much margin for error. Seniors need to knock down free throws, especially front ends. But don't get me wrong, 10 rebounds and 4 blocks was excellent.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Got the biggest rebound of the game with a minute to go, too.

He actually has a very soft touch, which means his ceiling is higher on FT's, but way lower around the rim.

Reaction Score
this game was for all the posters who clamor about how 'useless' his shotblocking is, the guy puts a lid on the hoop.

He had 2 games where he played well let's not start anointing him with AA honors he still gives up a ton of points leaving his guy. If he plays this well all the time he deserves some kudos and he'd be a great fit. Let's see it against Ok State, UNC and the rest of the games. The people who step out now shouting how great he is and others need to admit it are laughable. I mean how many games has he sucked in over 3 plus years? Not sure where you people were then, oh yeah hiding.

Give me a break. I am happy with his play, even though it still has flaws it's exactly what the doctor ordered from him. Now we need more of this and all the time. Come to me when he throws a string together and carries this team as other bigs have then we can all eat crow. But admittedly his first 2 rebounds last night were in traffic and impressive for him, maybe 2 of the only times I have ever seen him win a battle of 3-4 people.

I agree with Crack he suddenly has lost his rhythm at the FT line though, has a little hitch or something and looks to be struggling. Weird. 9/10/4? I'm all in but needs to do that all the time, hope he does. But don't start calling out the people who know who he has been for the most part please.

Reaction Score
watching him play now, it feels like something clicked for him after the first game. even if the shots not going down, he realized that he has to play harder for the team to win.

hope the same thing clicks for the rest of 'em..

Reaction Score
AB's biggest problem has always been the stupid fouls that limit his time on the floor. BB IQ is not the highest but his shotblocking this year looks like it could be a game changer. He is coming out of nowhere on some of these swats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom