AB recognition | Page 3 | The Boneyard

AB recognition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He had 4 points, 5 rebs, 1 block against a team from the NEC whose tallest player is 6-8

He's the best option UConn has, but honestly, he's terrible. I would of thought by now he'd have some ability on the offensive side and a bettr understanding of playing defense, not just leaping after every shot

Anyone that judges a basketball player purely by his stat line has a limited view of what's going on. In the second half of the Wagner game he was THE dominant factor when he was on the floor - he was the single most important player for either side. That doesn't make him an all-american, it just makes him the best of a bad lot. I do not expect him to be that dominant when he goes up against better teams, but I do expect that he will be a positive factor for Uconn.

As for "he finally played as we expected" - who set up those expectations? Certainly AB didn't. He was an unranked nobody we grabbed in our post Calhoun/sanctioned purgatory. It sounds like your the one setting up unrealistic expectations and then being dissatisfied that they're not being met, and while I don't know you, I do know your postings, and I'm quite comfortable with the observations I've made. As for mirrors, well that's certainly a 2 way street.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
When Brimah is your best player, you're in deep crap.

H

huskymagic

He had 4 points, 5 rebs, 1 block against a team from the NEC whose tallest player is 6-8

He's the best option UConn has, but honestly, he's terrible. I would of thought by now he'd have some ability on the offensive side and a bettr understanding of playing defense, not just leaping after every shot

JSM give Brimah credit. The stat line is important but the eye test and the impact Brimah has on the game is unquestionably positive for UCONN. He is definitely not terrible or else he wouldn't be a serious NBA prospect. Brimah is somebody a lot of teams would like to have on their teams including teams like Kentucky and Duke. Don't think guys like Chase Jeter or Derek Willis are better than him because they play at Kentucky and Duke. His offensive game is limited and his hands aren't great, but that is on the guards and coaches to feed him the ball in positions where he can be successful. This is from a guy as you said was unranked and fell into our lap during sanctions. We are lucky we have Brimah and he is not the reason we have played poorly. Yes we all should have increased expectations from him because he has the potential to be alot better than what he has shown.

Reaction Score
Brimah's rebounding rate has gone from 10.2% as a sophomore to 12.6% last year to 14.4% so far this season. The idea that he was this major liability on the glass may have been credible in 2015, but since then it's been mostly a myth, especially now.

Another myth: he doesn't perform against quality competition. If you look at his game logs, there is hardly a discernible difference between his statistical output versus name schools as compared to cupcakes, and if anything, he's better against like-sized teams because he doesn't have to chase midgets on the perimeter.

Let's look at last year: 16, 8, and 5 against SMU, 10, 9, and 5 against Cincinnati, 6, 7 and 3 against Temple, 4, 7, and 5 against Colorado. The list didn't end there (7 boards in 18 minutes against Maryland, 5 boards in 16 minutes against Syracuse, 6 boards in 26 minutes against Gonzaga) but you get the point: his biggest problem is, and always has been, staying on the floor. When he's out there, he is typically very good.

Matter of fact, his first five games back from injury last year, he only grabbed a total of 9 rebounds. Clearly a sample of five games that distorted the larger progression.

Facts are, he's a lot closer to the player you've wanted him to be than you think. Offensively he's frustrating, no doubt, but his rim-running is still a plus and nobody claims to expect much on that end anyways. Things like "how can he only get five rebounds against a 6'6 kid!?!?" are way overblown, as is the idea that he gets beat often on defense. He's been our best player so far this season, probably by a significant margin, and if he continues to stay on the court he'll be our best player all season.

Reaction Score
Anyone that judges a basketball player purely by his stat line has a limited view of what's going on. In the second half of the Wagner game he was THE dominant factor when he was on the floor - he was the single most important player for either side. That doesn't make him an all-american, it just makes him the best of a bad lot. I do not expect him to be that dominant when he goes up against better teams, but I do expect that he will be a positive factor for Uconn.

As for "he finally played as we expected" - who set up those expectations? Certainly AB didn't. He was an unranked nobody we grabbed in our post Calhoun/sanctioned purgatory. It sounds like your the one setting up unrealistic expectations and then being dissatisfied that they're not being met, and while I don't know you, I do know your postings, and I'm quite comfortable with the observations I've made. As for mirrors, well that's certainly a 2 way street.
Oh Mau came into a thread praising AB simply to bash him? No way, I am shocked!

Reaction Score
Yeah he "totally dominated them" in the 2nd half with his 3/4/1 stats - wow! Anyone that saw domination is either a family member or willfully blind. You like him I get it. Best you don't read my posts then because I for one would prefer to be ignored by a dope calling me out after 2 good games because he finally played as we expected. You can respectfully disagree if you want but the "mature" crap has to go, obviously #1 you don't know me and #2 you need to check a mirror real soon.

Oh and the answers are yes very little for 3 plus years, yes he always had played hard that should be good for wins huh? of course and we have no one else. have a great night i need to go grab a maturity pill to get to your standards!~
I hope someday we all learn what Brimah did to you or a member of your family.

Reaction Score
What do you expect from a guy who, for 3 years, avoided the BBC??

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
He beats up on midgets? Good, now let's teach the rest of the team how to do that. if he has a bad game against top competition I will acknowledge that, but it hasn't happened yet this year, and I see AB as much bigger and stronger and more confident in his play - time will tell. But for now, let's be happy we have him and we're not starting Enoch.

Hahaha this is true.

Reaction Score
I hope someday we all learn what Brimah did to you or a member of your family.

Hang in there we'll let you know. I just want to know how you and Onions are related. Both calling people out on either intelligence or maturity but that's the best you have.

And to be honest since the end of last year I have been fine with AB, only thing is this calling me and everyone that doubted his game for 3 years after a couple beatdowns on crappy teams. I hope he has 3 more beatdowns in Maui and then maybe I will eat some crow. Again you guys are just like that but it's entertaining I'm all in!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Bruh, name me one "BBC" you keep referring to. good lord you're a broken record.

It took me so long to figure out what the hell he was talking about. The standard default for BBC is just not what we are looking for here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom