Aaron Torres tweet | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Aaron Torres tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My interpretation is 4-5 non graduating players are out of here... Either way. There are rumors to support that milling around.

Whatever happens with coaching situation....hoping there is no mass exodus like last year. Think we had 8 schollies confirmed on the books in late April...that sucked...however, with 4 freshman front court players and a couple more coming in, i could see one or two leave due to lack of projected play time...

Reaction Score
Whatever happens with coaching situation....hoping there is no mass exodus like last year. Think we had 8 schollies confirmed on the books in late April...that sucked...however, with 4 freshman front court players and a couple more coming in, i could see one or two leave due to lack of projected play time...

I hope Jalen Adams come back, he may not. But he certainly isn't transferring anywhere.

I can't imagine other programs that will have more playing time for these kids. They are not the most talented bunch.

The only question is player development.

Carlton for instance saw more playing time than he would have at a great many schools of this caliber. There is no Onuorah next year, nor is there an incoming big man other than Kisunas, who will be a project. Tons of playing time.

The only concern I have is with Polley, who will see competition between Matthews and Wilson at the 3.

Reaction Score
I hope Jalen Adams come back, he may not. But he certainly isn't transferring anywhere.

I can't imagine other programs that will have more playing time for these kids. They are not the most talented bunch.

The only question is player development.

Carlton for instance saw more playing time than he would have at a great many schools of this caliber. There is no Onuorah next year, nor is there an incoming big man other than Kisunas, who will be a project. Tons of playing time.

The only concern I have is with Polley, who will see competition between Matthews and Wilson at the 3.
Yes, Polly is the one questionable in my mind. Wilson may see time at the 4 on our roster. If Gilbert stays along with Akinjo staying committed we will be better next year.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Yes, Polly is the one questionable in my mind. Wilson may see time at the 4 on our roster. If Gilbert stays along with Akinjo staying committed we will be better next year.

I would be surprised if Gilbert or Wilson leave just due to the fact that no one wants to sit out 2 consecutive years.

Reaction Score
The cracks in this foundation are both wide and deep. In many ways, the healthiest thing do long term is tear it down completely and rebuild from scratch. If this is done correctly with the right coach, we will all see vast improvement next year even with a depleted roster. Whoever stays, whoever goes should be the least of our concerns.

Reaction Score

Did anyone else see this? what he's saying is he was told players will leave when KO is kept, its already been discussed that he will have another year to redeem himself and players will leave. Nothing I'm worried about as long as CV, Josh and Jalen are back. Along with Sid and rique.

Sid and Alterique aren't going anywhere. Sid just sat out a year and isn't looking to sit another one. Alterique has sat out the last two because of injury and isn't going to want to sit out another.

Reaction Score
Feeling this will not be a quick turn-around regardless of whoever the coach is....JC had the advantage of being in the original Big East when he began to develop the program; we don't have that now...the longer we go without be able to return to that level, the harder it will be....

borninansonia

Neandertal
Reaction Score
Sid and Alterique aren't going anywhere. Sid just sat out a year and isn't looking to sit another one.

If KO leaves, doesn't Sid have the option of transferring without sitting out another year?

Reaction Score
If KO leaves, doesn't Sid have the option of transferring without sitting out another year?

If KO is fired, I'm pretty sure any one of the alleged transfers would file a waiver to play right away. Since they wont be playing at UConn, NCAA will approve those waivers almost immediately. Emmert - "Got em again, man this is too easy!"

Reaction Score
I have hope that we can bounce back just as quickly. We just need the right pieces and a little bit of time. UConn basketball will be back to competing .

With the right hire, absolutely... Plus, the best sell you can make to a prospective recruit is the opportunity for ample playing time from day one. Stock the cupboard and watch what happens.

Reaction Score
Plenty of opportunities and time for them at mid-majors..

Alterique will be here...
Why not just stay at the mid major at which they're already enrolled? There will be plenty of playing time and opportunity here. There may even be a new, competent coaching staff capable of developing their skills.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
The cracks in this foundation are both wide and deep. In many ways, the healthiest thing do long term is tear it down completely and rebuild from scratch. If this is done correctly with the right coach, we will all see vast improvement next year even with a depleted roster. Whoever stays, whoever goes should be the least of our concerns.

I have to say that if the culture is as bad in the locker room is as bad as some are saying (i'm not saying it's true or false), AND considering how this season has gone, as mass exodus isn't exactly breaking up the 03-04 team.

Who knows what recruits the new coach could bring.

The Buffalo coach has two separate composite 3.5 star players signed.

Hurley has a 4* PF committed to URI.

I'm not saying anyone would definitely switch, but these coaches can do some recruiting too.

Reaction Score
Plenty of opportunities and time for them at mid-majors..

Alterique will be here...

Why would they want to go to a MAC school when they can get a lot of playing time at UConn?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I find it very interesting that certain folks stated that if UConn has any more crappy years they will sink into oblivion, they have to win right away and bring in a coach who can do so.
Now it's OK to be crappy for the next few years as long as it's not KO that's leading the stink bomb
So to encapsulate - it's no KO and that's going to make everything OK

I don't care if KO stays or KO goes but I honestly think that UConn will not be able to recruit a coach of any stature into this league. Unless UConn is P5 or at the worst, in the NBE, it might as well be the MAC, A10 or the Mountain West.
JC was perhaps the greatest coach but he had the best league, bar none, to recruit to. All the best players, who wanted to leave the home state/region wanted the BE first then the ACC (for the most part). The new coach or KO doesn't have this luxury.

Reaction Score
I find it very interesting that certain folks stated that if UConn has any more crappy years they will sink into oblivion, they have to win right away and bring in a coach who can do so.
Now it's OK to be crappy for the next few years as long as it's not KO that's leading the stink bomb

I don't care if KO stays or KO goes but I honestly think that UConn will not be able to recruit a coach of any stature into this league. Unless UConn is P5 or at the worst, in the NBE, it might as well be the MAC, A10 or the Mountain West.
JC was perhaps the greatest coach but he had the best league, bar none, to recruit to. All the best players, who wanted to leave the home state/region wanted the BE first then the ACC (for the most part). The new coach or KO doesn't have this luxury.
Having a crappy year next year is only ok if we are starting fresh with a fresh voice in a total brand rebuild. This program cannot endure another year like this year, keeping all things the same.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Who is Aaron Torres? Does he have any inside info, or is he a guesser.
He wrote a book after the Kemba championship. He posted here promoting the book. He tweets now.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
I would be surprised if Gilbert or Wilson leave just due to the fact that no one wants to sit out 2 consecutive years.
Is there an imminent NCAA rule where transfers won't have to sit out a year? Or was that an idea being discussed?

Reaction Score
Is there an imminent NCAA rule where transfers won't have to sit out a year? Or was that an idea being discussed?
Its been discussed but no change has taken place, and won't take place for this coming year. Meaning anyone who transfers has to sit out a year, whether KO is fired or not.

Reaction Score

I'll take the new coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin