Aaron Hernandez being questioned about homicide. | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Aaron Hernandez being questioned about homicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
When I went they were usually guys on the football team.That said I knew a lot of great guys on the football team. However, it seemed when there were fisticuffs going on, often one of the participants was a football player.

Depends where you lived. I lived in Buckley and the Jungle. Would never have even known we had a football team.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Obviously he was a great athlete in high school, but when he was younger he was in the shadow of DJ. That can have an effect on a kid.

I'm not saying it as an excuse for him, but these things don't happen in a vacuum. Something got him into those crowds that didn't happen to his brother.

What got him into those crowds is he didn't have the balls to be his own man. Like I said earlier, I'd like to give him a pass because his Father passed away when he needed him most but when you're a multi-millionaire there comes a time where you need to stand on your own. No excuses at this point.

Reaction Score
From Sports lllustrated:

Hernandez was the youngest player in the NFL, 20, at the start of his rookie season. He's still just 23.

Hernandez's older brother, D.J., has been well respected in his career as a college assistant coach at Brown, the University of Miami, and now the University of Iowa. Hernandez was a two-time captain as quarterback and receiver at the University of Connecticut.

Both brothers had to endure the loss of their father, Dennis, in 2006 at the age of 49 due to complications from hernia surgery. D.J. was 19, Aaron 16 at the time. The death of Hernandez's father was one of the reasons why Hernandez decommitted from UConn and chose to play for coach Urban Meyer and the Gators.

This article, from the Daily Beast/Newsweek mixes up DJ and Aaron:

The current investigation is not the first time that Hernandez, a former quarterback and receiver at the University of Connecticut, has stood accused. On June 13, Alexander S. Bradley filed a civil lawsuit against Hernandez in Florida, seeking over $100,000 in damages from the football player whom he claims purposefully shot him with an unregistered gun.

I've seen several articles that have a passing reference to AH's decommitting from UConn. While Butch is correct in the regard that it's a part of AH's bio, I don't see how it will hurt UConn. DJ is mentioned in a few articles as a fine, upstanding man.
Actually the theme that will arise from this is that if he went to UConn he may have turned out better. That is a plus.

Reaction Score
Aaron obviously took a misstep, what that misstep be is YET TO BE DETERMINED. There is zero reason to call him anything along the lines of a murderer as that has yet to be proven. M opinion is that the media reports are jumping the gun, which has been proven time and time again by the police. I just don't understand why everyone is crucifying him before any actual facts have come out. The kid didn't go to UConn. OK. So what? Let the facts decide your opinion of him, not your biased regard.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Too bad for a talented CT kid. It will be curious to see how this plays out. Seems like trouble seems to find Mr. Hernandez a little too often.

Reaction Score
Too bad for a talented CT kid. It will be curious to see how this plays out. Seems like trouble seems to find Mr. Hernandez a little too often.
No, Mr. Hernandez seems to find trouble way too often!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Aaron obviously took a misstep, what that misstep be is YET TO BE DETERMINED. There is zero reason to call him anything along the lines of a murderer as that has yet to be proven.

There's a bit more than zero reason, don't you think?

Reaction Score
There's a bit more than zero reason, don't you think?
To early to say he murdered anyone, but he was involved in some way, at least by covering it up. He also was involved in one other shooting and numerous occasions where he drew a gun. Let those facts speak for themselves. Oh yea, and he reneged on his committment to come to UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom