Aaliyah update | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Aaliyah update

Reaction Score
Well, the comment Coach Auriemma made seems like a misquote based on the Courant. It's amazing how the omission of one word gives us all a different interpretation. Including me ;)

Attachments

• 20240318_164259.jpg
    20240318_164259.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 165
Reaction Score
Think you're misunderstanding my point. My response was to the post talking about taking the pressure off of Aaliyah.

The distinction is if Aaliyah is 100% confirmed to be entering the draft. To me, that would mean there's pressure on this squad to get that national title, especially for the remaining 2020 class as this is their last ride together in the tourney.
No -- I don't agree.

Anyhow not important to keep discussing.

Reaction Score
Long term health? It’s her nose. she Gonna get benched in the future for chronic nose pain?
Spot on. Money makes protocols and the tens of millions of Americans who’ve survived broken noses are gearing up for a class action as we speak. Including my brother…who I accidentally whacked in the nose with my 35oz Louisville Slugger. With each passing day the explanations keep coming back to what we learned in Storrs 50 years ago : follow the money. No question #3 shows up next game. She’s for real. What I’m hinting and stumbling on about is the full tilt boogie of commodification of everything to the point where ”syndromes” for everything exist. Just imagine what eventually plays out when a 38” hair extension lacerates an eye. Grim thought but when the lawsuits finish we’ll at least have the Hurting Hair Syndrome.

Reaction Score
Does anyone think that, because Sarah doesn't want to play the post, she was more likely to come to UConn if Liya decided to stay?
Had Jana been healthy, 'Liya would have played PF and not the post, except for subbing. With Jana in place next year, and Ice another year wiser, I suspect Sarah can play at her natural and preferred position.... if that was ever a concern to her.

Reaction Score
Does anyone think that Sarah could choose UConn and Geno wouldn't find a roster spot for her?
ABSOLUTELY NOT, THAT'S A RIDICULOUS STATEMENT !!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom