Aaliyah Edwards to UConn!!! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Aaliyah Edwards to UConn!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Just curious...the article mentions Aaliyah is a track star. Anyone know what events she performed in? Sprint distances, high jump? Was she actively recruited for track? That training brings other special.kinds of skills!

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
1571952158636.png

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I will admit that I wasn't very optimistic about her decision (before she announced it) because of the way she was announcing it. I just figured if she was going to come to UConn that it would be a quiet announcement, ala Stewie. But...I did watch it, enjoyed her raw emotion and am glad she chose UConn and will not complain about any future fanfare announcements.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I had not seen the US/CAN championship game so I just watched the game and focused on Aaliyah. Against great competition, she looked very comfortable, particularly on defense, where she was frequently matched up with Pheesa or Lou. Aaliyah has really good footwork and long arms. She will be a very tough defender. On offense, she certainly has some skills. The only thing I'd like to see her do more is to cut hard to the basket, something she will undoubtedly learn when she gets to UConn.

One other thing that really impressed me. Early on in the game, she was introduced to one of Steph's patented, blindside screens that absolutely flattened her. Aaliyah bounced right back up and got back into the game. Not sure if she still had all of her teeth, but it didn't appear to faze her.

Reaction Score
True @olddude, I love our class. I'm think Reese and Hailey Van Lith ( and maybe clark) can be game changers. If one of the usual subjects lands both of them along with what they already have ... But in reality no matter where they go there is only one lead dog and they'll end up chasing UConn for most of their careers.

Some recruiting experts feel Reese and Hailey Van Lith are extremely overrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom