AAF | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AAF

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I watched the first half. Was pretty decent. I liked being able to see a lot of college names I recognized. I believe Houston's former QB, Ward, was playing WR for San Antonio. Didn't realize Gavin Escobar was no longer on the Cowboys, or that he was a second round pick?!?

Overall, I'll give it a few watches. Like Whaler said, it's better than anything else on right now. I don't watch the NBA and many college bball games bore me.

Anyone know if they'll broadcast more then one game at a time? Are games only played on Saturday?

Reaction Score
Anyone know if they'll broadcast more then one game at a time? Are games only played on Saturday?

>>Schedule overview - The AAF's 10-week, 40-game regular-season slate will begin Saturday, Feb. 9, at 8 p.m. ET from Spectrum Stadium in Florida, where the Orlando Apollos will host the Atlanta Legends; and from The Alamodome in Texas, where the San Antonio Commanders will host the San Diego Fleet. Typically, there will be two Saturday games and two Sunday games with one during the afternoon and one in the evening.

CBS is scheduled to broadcast the AAF's Opening Day, while CBS Sports Network will then carry one AAF game each week throughout the season. You can also see a week-by-week schedule for individual teams below. <<

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
>>Schedule overview - The AAF's 10-week, 40-game regular-season slate will begin Saturday, Feb. 9, at 8 p.m. ET from Spectrum Stadium in Florida, where the Orlando Apollos will host the Atlanta Legends; and from The Alamodome in Texas, where the San Antonio Commanders will host the San Diego Fleet. Typically, there will be two Saturday games and two Sunday games with one during the afternoon and one in the evening.

CBS is scheduled to broadcast the AAF's Opening Day, while CBS Sports Network will then carry one AAF game each week throughout the season. You can also see a week-by-week schedule for individual teams below. <<
Thx! I knew someone would have a link and I should have guessed it would be you medic!

Reaction Score
The SD/SA game was on in the restaurant we were eating dinner in last night. Didn't get to hear the call - but looked like a decent crowd and the football wasn't awful. Woodside put the ball in good spots most of the night. Some good catches - a few too many drops. Was expecting it to be bad football - but was watchable. Expected to see more names that I recognized though.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
What if this works - as a true B league for the NFL and HS/JUCO kids that aren’t up for college academics.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
What if this works - as a true B league for the NFL and HS/JUCO kids that aren’t up for college academics.

There’s definitely room for it. And guys who want to leave after their freshman year can play in AAF for a year then get drafted in the nfl

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If you are good enough to get drafted after your sophomore year nobody makes you deal with academics. I think its pretty unlikely - and college freshman would really struggle against grown men.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
If you are good enough to get drafted after your sophomore year nobody makes you deal with academics. I think its pretty unlikely - and college freshman would really struggle against grown men.

Trevor Lawrence would smoke those guys

Reaction Score
There’s definitely room for it. And guys who want to leave after their freshman year can play in AAF for a year then get drafted in the nfl
If this new minor league succeeds for more than a few seasons, it’s clearly targeted some areas potentially less inclined to acknowledge CTE.

Reaction Score
The overnight CBS ratings were 2.9 million. That number outdrew the NBA on ABC.
The XFL coming in 2020, along with Tom Brady's agent proposed California minor league wants to invite college players to play. The AAF follows NFL rules, meaning no underclassmen.
Wish the AAF would have a rotating national CBS "game of the week." Many cord cutters would watch a 12 game season. How many would like to See practice squad players of their favorite team develop in a league like this?

Reaction Score
At least they get after each other. Some great hits that would have been NFL flags. I wish they didn’t tinker with kickoffs, extra points and onsides

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Summers had one of the stranger careers at UConn. He seemed to get worse the longer he was there. Then again....look at who was coaching. Glad to see him playing well.

Reaction Score
I'll post in here tomorrow - but be on the lookout for my latest podcast episode. Interviewed Charlie Ebersol - co founder of the AAF -- and CT native.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom