AAC tourney crowd | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AAC tourney crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How is it a miracle to win games you will be favored to win. It was basically a PK/-1 against SMU last game.
The most inconsistent team ever assembled is going to rattle off 4 wins in 4 days?

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
They could be the most inconsistent team ever to win 4 games in 4 days, just sayin.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
It's gonna be mostly alums living in the area for the other teams outside maybe temple. I can't imagine the Uconn games not selling really well, most fans will not travel for tournament games and UConn is not hosting a conference tournament again (at least not the foreseeable future) so this should be the one and only chance for a lot of fans to experience a conference tournament that should result in a packed XL center.

Before conference realignment (90's) it was tradition between me and my boys to skip school, catch the train and head to MSG for the Big East tourney, would catch like four games and had a helluva time. Not sure if the combo of a AAC tourney & XL compare, but watching multiple games on one day with all the fan bases was worth experiencing .

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I have a feeling the first round game's crowd will be less than capacity. But after that, I'm thinking any remaining games would be packed.

Reaction Score
Bought tickets for the afternoon session on Monday morning after the SMU win, when it looked almost definite we were playing then. Paid $35 plus fees for good seats. Then during the game Thursday night hedged my bet and bought $10 seats for the night session

Reaction Score
There will be 12684 there for UConn vs USF. There will be a packed house Friday night. No more than 5k after we're out.

Reaction Score
The most inconsistent team ever assembled is going to rattle off 4 wins in 4 days?

Within the realm of inconsistencies lies the underlying premise that the Civic Center has the potential to be a venue filled with memories that last a lifetime for UConn fans. I have witnessed so many great games there in my life. IF we get to Saturday it could turn out to be one of the most electric crowd ever assembled to watch a UConn game in Hartford. That type of home court in college hoops is arguably more valuable than any other sport.

Reaction Score
Bought tickets for the afternoon session on Monday morning after the SMU win, when it looked almost definite we were playing then. Paid $35 plus fees for good seats. Then during the game Thursday night hedged my bet and bought $10 seats for the night session
Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Picked up my tickets yesterday.

I'm going to call this tourney run Miracle at the Mall :D
Great!!!! It should be a great tournament. Our backs are completely against the wall. Just get to Saturday and home court will be insane. Just need all of UConn Nation to support the team. This obviously is a team that NEEDS its fans right now. Not the time to kick them.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Not much of a fan are you?

Over 40 years. Regularly go to games. Set my work schedule to the basketball schedule whenever I can. Fight for the University, not just the team(s). Spend way too much time here.

You want to judge me by a statement after a horrible loss, fine. This group is not playing as a good team. I will rout for them because I always do I don't have the expectations some have but I would be glad if they did the near impossible.

Reaction Score
So what's everyone's expectations on the xl center crowds this coming week? Will we sell out every uconn game? I'm skeptical but we will see.
What makes You think they'll be playing more than one game ? Is it based on the impressive performances of their last two games ? :eek:

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Anyone who thinks this team won't beat a piss poor shooting USF team should lose their fan card.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I guess I'm the kind of fan that enjoys rooting for a team that doesn't give up on the court..... Did you even watch the second half of this game? My nephews elementary squad, plays with more heart.... Careless passing (all game) Getting blown by on D with free reign to the rim (all game) I mean how many times do you shuffle your feet and get called for traveling, before correcting it?
All these things I've mentioned have nothing to do with skill, it's all on effort, and we didn't show much today (and for most of the season). It sucks to say, but it's the truth.

If I were able to make the tourney I'd go, just for Boat, but that's it.

Sounds like its a good thing you have tuned out

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The crowds will be very light, but I think we'll do fine for our games.

I don't expect that the other schools will travel in any appreciable numbers - most of them don't bother to go to their own home games and there's nothing like an alumni base for any of them in the northeast.

Unfortunately, some of their tickets will just simply be lost to the market, so even our games may seem surprisingly empty

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Any crowd over 10,000 sold will be a pleasant surprise. The league waiting on single session tickets, plus the pricing, indicates a detachment from reality.

Reaction Score
Now I find it even more odd that you don't want to watch on tv or travel to Hartford to watch. By the way I have been a UConn fan a heck of a lot longer than 40 years and never get tired of watching on tv or travelling to games. This is in response to David 76.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't put it past CR rivals like Memphis, Cincy, UCF to just eat their tickets rather than sell them off to UConn fans to make us look bad.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Now I find it even more odd that you don't want to watch on tv or travel to Hartford to watch. By the way I have been a UConn fan a heck of a lot longer than 40 years and never get tired of watching on tv or travelling to games. This is in response to David 76.

I will watch and root. I guess I wasn't explicit enough for you in my second post. A minute after the last game I said, "it may change but right now...." Please stop, Are you the fan enforcement official? Do you have tickets? How many games did you go to this year? How much UCONN swag do you have? How much have you donated to the University? How many UCONN teams do you support? If we are going to judge fandom, we might as well get it all out on the line.
Then you could shame all the slackers, providing your fan credentials are exemplary.

Reaction Score
I will watch and root. I guess I wasn't explicit enough for you in my second post. A minute after the last game I said, "it may change but right now...." Please stop, Are you the fan enforcement official? Do you have tickets? How many games did you go to this year? How much UCONN swag do you have? How much have you donated to the University? How many UCONN teams do you support? If we are going to judge fandom, we might as well get it all out on the line.
Then you could shame all the slackers, providing your fan credentials are exemplary.

Don't mean to shame anybody. Just found it odd that a fan such as yourself didn't want to watch them on tv or travel to Hartford to support the team you follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom