AAC Tournament Cancelled | Page 9 | The Boneyard

AAC Tournament Cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So... here is why we really really need to end mass gatherings:

"Airborne transmission is 'plausible,' according to a study (that has not been peer reviewed) posted online this week from scientists at Princeton University, the University of California, Los Angeles and the National Institutes of Health. The researchers concluded that the virus could remain airborne for “up to 3 hours post aerosolization.”

Apparently, we still don't know very much about transmission.

Reaction Score
You are really, really good at saying really, really stupid things.
Sounded like a legit question on their behalf. And your reply shows how much of a moron you are.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
I fully understand precautionary levels but did they do all this when the swine flu epidemic or the ebola epidemic hit?
No because concerns were hushed in the media under someones pressure
I'm not taking this outbreak as lightly as some of you "experts" are going to pontificate but go back and look at the statistics on those outbreaks.
I don't understand why they can't play all these sporting events in a smaller venue, test all athletes/staff and families invited.
If it's revenue they are after, put the damn things on pay for view, giving current ticket holders free viewing.
They know who is most susceptible to this disease
Ridiculous is that they get the crowd into MSG, play 1/2 a game then call it off!!! That means those attending only have a 1/2 chance of getting contaminated?
Too many have lost any sense of being reasonable, Precaution is one thing but mass hysteria will cause more harm in the end in so many different areas.

Turn off Fox News old man.

Reaction Score
This totally sucks. So everything is getting suspended, except for NFL FA and the draft I guess you could have verbal contracts, and players getting drafted from home.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
How would you contract the virus from teammates and coaches and staff that you know were not infected? probability of getting infected goes much higher when you throw in 1000s of random people in the building. Again, keeping the fans out should have been enough. I'm done ranting about this.
So what you're saying is quarantine unpaid college players from their family and friends and don't allow them to eat in restaurants or stay in hotels with other people, got it!

Reaction Score
I lost my second brother today and now I'm losing the only thing that could've been even a momentary partial distraction. Obviously, this issue is bigger than me, my family, or basketball and they made the right move. Still sucks as far as timing.

Thoughts are with you. So sorry for your loss - there is never enough time.

Reaction Score
I know nothing about him, but what a completely narcissistic decision he is making
Jim Dolan is not the commissioner of the Big East so no he's not making this decision

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
So what you're saying is quarantine unpaid college players from their family and friends and don't allow them to eat in restaurants or stay in hotels with other people, got it!

Sure... whatever they want to do. But at the end of the day these kids have been working towards this all season, and then its taken away from them. And the seniors will never get another chance. Yes I agree take precautions... but this is on another level....

Reaction Score
How would you contract the virus from teammates and coaches and staff that you know were not infected? probability of getting infected goes much higher when you throw in 1000s of random people in the building. Again, keeping the fans out should have been enough. I'm done ranting about this.

How do u know they are/arent infected? Rudy Gobert infected his teammate Donovan Mitchell, if not others as well. You're contagious before you even show symptoms of it and test kits arent readily available.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
How do u know they are/arent infected? Rudy Gobert infected his teammate Donovan Mitchell, if not others as well. You're contagious before you even show symptoms of it and test kits arent readily available.

Fair point. But teammates are not around one another only during games. How is not playing the game going to prevent infection? Its going to happen regardless. Plus this virus will be around for a long time. Its not like its going to burn out next month. What are they going to do, cancel life until further notice?

Reaction Score
How would you contract the virus from teammates and coaches and staff that you know were not infected?
How could you possibly know this?

Again, we are severely lacking testing kits. There are people walking around who have it and don't know they have it, there are people who are convinced they have it and are being denied the test at hospitals because they have so few of the resources for testing.

ElmCity40th

F…y’all talkin bout?
Reaction Score
Honestly in all fairness the NCAA needs to figure out a way for all seniors to have the option to return and honor all scholarship spots that would have been lost in order for the incoming freshmen or whatever transfers to play. If it leads to 20 man rosters so be it. It’s “amateur” sports right? Let the coaches and players work it out. I’m biased and want my sniper to get his chance to dance. And I’m seriously disappointed because I could be having a Bouk club session right now!!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This site has all of the counting statistics you need and want to know about this:

And based on this data - the infection rate in China is something like 0.006%. Clearly there is under-reporting from people that weren't seriously ill from it, but I keep hearing that we are going to get a 70% infection rate in the US - and I just don't see it.

Reaction Score
I am still waiting for you argument that it is better to have young people unsupervised in a time of medical crisis rather than supervised with medical care readily available.
I'm still waiting for a reason to accept the premise of your post.

There isn't one, because it's bull____

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I'm still drinking at 3pm. I'll watch all of @tcf15 's stuff.
Chat room?

I lost my second brother today and now I'm losing the only thing that could've been even a momentary partial distraction. Obviously, this issue is bigger than me, my family, or basketball and they made the right move. Still sucks as far as timing.

So sorry to read of your loss. We're set up here to double our joys and halve our sorrows together. That's not changing.

Sucks for St. John's they were sticking it to Creighton. Probably the best they played all year.

St John's recently announced that they'd play "fewer games" in Madison Square Garden in the future. This is an example of what's meant when somebody mistakenly restates it as playing "less games."

Ouch. Under other notable cancellations on FS1 it doesn’t have the AAC listed.

Not our "ouch" anymore.

Reaction Score
There are hundreds of logistical issues with doing that.
Not really if u just limit it to players. And find 10 venues that will leave their dates open

Reaction Score
My son's school just killed athletics. I get it. And clearly playing without fans would have been a good call. But people all have to be somewhere. I'm not sure that the athletes are at more or less risk playing the game or hanging out in their dorms.

And I worry about the schools that are closing their dorms (like Harvard) and sending their kids home - potentially to vulnerable parents, etc. My son's school is online only now - but the dorms are open - i told him to stay there. He is safer around a bunch of young people (the way the virus seems to not affect them much) than he is around the family. Or maybe WE are safer if he stays up there. It isn't just about the students or athletes - it is about everyone who is vulnerable. I honestly have 0% worry about my teenage sons. I worry about my mom and MIL.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
So I would assume when the next yearly flu pandemic hits we’ll shut everything down again, you know like we did for the swine flu.
Do you understand that the regular influenza that hits has a vaccine, and anti virals that can treat it? And that this virus (it’s in fact called novel because it’s never been seen in man before) doesn’t have a vaccine and anti-virals used for the flu don’t work on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom