AAC Tournament Cancelled | Page 6 | The Boneyard

AAC Tournament Cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
It does. I didn't want to jinx it but I legit thought Vital was gonna lead us to win this thing. I hope AG is back for next season.
Yep, me too. The season was starting to feel like a 2011 kind of momentum. I'm not saying that we'd have won the whole thing, but it was a classic case of a team coming together at the right time. I was feeling it, though I wouldn't have said it either.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
tell that to the families of the people who've died

There are a lot of things in this world that can kill you. Every time you go to place with a ton of people around you are putting yourself at risk of a million different bad things that could happen. Yet we still go on with life and not lock ourselves in our homes. Not allowing the general public in the arena was more than sufficient to reducing to chance of contracting this virus.

Reaction Score
Does st johns/ Creighton come out for 2nd half or do they finish this game then cancel

Every other tournament has been cancelled

Reaction Score
The second most annoying thing about the people that don't take this seriously (the first being they can literally put lives in danger, and prolong the pandemic - i.e., Rudy Golbert); is that when it's over, those same people will come back out from the woodwork to brag about being right that this thing was "blown out of proportion". Ignoring the fact they criticized all of the actions taken to prevent what they said would never happen in the first place.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Does st johns/ Creighton come out for 2nd half or do they finish this game then cancel

Every other tournament has been cancelled
Likely not. The big east is on a conference call right now.

Reaction Score
is there any evidence that young healthy people are in and real danger?
No evidence as of yet. But they can be carriers and infect older or immuno-compromised people, so it's more of a societal issue. College player infects trainer who infects brother who works at a nursing home. That type of thing.

Reaction Score
tell that to the families of the people who've died
The average age of the deceased to date is over 80....and, there have been 38 deaths in the USA so far due to Covid-19. The CDC estimates at least 8,000 U.S. deaths from the flu so far this season. They would not have cancelled the tourneys due to the number of deaths due to the flu, but cancelled it due to 38 deaths due to the Corona Virus? Please keep this in perspective......

Reaction Score
There is still danger of hospitalization of young people. Which exacerbates the problem of hospital overcrowding and limited resources.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Big East is finally cancelled
AAC is trend setter baby. Oh well, I'm still glad that our view of them is through the rear view mirror.

Reaction Score
The average age of the deceased to date is over 80....and, there have been 38 deaths in the USA so far due to Covid-19. The CDC estimates at least 8,000 U.S. deaths from the flu so far this season. They would not have cancelled the tourneys due to the number of deaths due to the flu, but cancelled it due to 38 deaths due to the Corona Virus? Please keep this in perspective......

Don't quote stats you don't understand the contexts of.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Sucks for St. John's they were sticking it to Creighton. Probably the best they played all year.

Reaction Score

Yep, i think there are a lot of folks who do not realize that "community virus" is probably the most frequent death certificate reason of death for basically old age. Ultimately, colds, virus, et. al are to much for weakend hearts, lungs, kidneys et. al. Any flu outbreak is a dealbreaker, but even in non flu season it's often mistaken for the common "old age".

Reaction Score

Why would i listen to someone who has no idea what they are talking about? They've already said that this is potentially 10 times more deadly than the flu and also way more contagious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom