AAC Tournament Cancelled | Page 4 | The Boneyard

AAC Tournament Cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Welp, on to the Big East.

I’m so sorry, Christian. I’m glad this team was able to stay in the fight and make the games they did play meaningful and fun. Despite everything, they gave us some great memories this season.
It’s almost a picture of his time here and what he and the program has endured.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Tulsa didn’t win the conference

they were awarded a Share conference title. Different than seeding.

Reaction Score
I don't understand why the NCAA doesn't just postpone everything for a month and see if this thing recedes to the point where it would be relatively safe to hold conference and national tournaments. If, in a month things are unchanged or worse then cancel. Venues can be changed if there are scheduling conflicts that can't be worked out. But at least that way student athletes still have a chance to audition for prospective pro employers, records and stats can still be achieved, vendors will still have a chance to make a paycheck(along with the transportation and hospitality industries). Just postpone it for a month and see what happens.

Reaction Score
My solution would be to delay the tournament for 2 weeks quarantining the teams and officials during that time and for the duration of the tournament. Then play without a crowd in a small forum. Low risk and to all and still reward kids for their play this season.
How about a tour of small venues like high school gyms and out door parks??

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
Where all the players already there?
I think they were. Unless they canceled it last night but didn’t make a public announcement until now. Because if we were playing at 3 and another game started before us at 1, at least 4 teams were there.

Reaction Score
Don’t understand why they won’t leave the door open a crack and delay it then if things don’t work out in a few weeks just cancel it

There are hundreds of logistical issues with doing that.

Reaction Score
1584030254004.gif

Reaction Score
The Utah Jazz played at MSG 10 days ago. Val Ackerman either has the biggest pair of balls in college athletics or she’s going to be out of a job.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
This was the right call....but considering how much is shutting down and it’s an election year...public morale is going to be at all time low...

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
How about, after they cancel the NCAA, networks can show every tournament game in 2014 as a throwback. This will both console us, remind us which NBA players came from that season, and scare the other fan bases for next year. Who has friends on the TV network executive level?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think they were. Unless they canceled it last night but didn’t make a public announcement until now. Because if we were playing at 3 and another game started before us at 1, at least 4 teams were there.
Exactly, the highest risk event in these games are the travel and public lodgings. Once the teams are there cancelling does not make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom