AAC Expansion | Page 3 | The Boneyard

AAC Expansion

Reaction Score
You get enough of the P5 conferences swallowing up big name schools and eventually there's nothing left for the G5 conferences to replace them with except pure garbage.

Reaction Score
Charlotte
ECU
FAU
Memphis
North Texas
Rice
SMU
Temple
Tulane
Tulsa
UAB
USF
UTSA
Wichita State

Jerry Seinfeld GIF
Brutal

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Temple be like
Owl Reaction GIF by Honda

Reaction Score
Every round of realignment has a singular loser. We know that feeling well.

Well this round, it was clearly Temple. I take no pleasure in that; they deserve better. Who will be their travel partner? ECU? How about their natural rival? USF.

Their fan base must be sick...
The CUSA is down to 8 schools. If SunBelt adds a few, the Conf could fall apart and leave 4-5 schools with no home. WKy might end up in the MAC.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Why does Navy need some many schools on Texas? Doesn't 1 or 2 make the point from a recruiting standpoint? I get it's big state but isn't there diminishing returns at a certain point?
I’m purely spitballing here but I’m guessing they get a large number of recruits and students from Texas and as a result want to play there at least twice a year.

It also (at least somewhat) makes geographical sense. AAC now has 4 in Texas (and 1 in OK, LA) 2 in NC (and 1 in TN) plus the others.

Reaction Score
I’m purely spitballing here but I’m guessing they get a large number of recruits and students from Texas and as a result want to play there at least twice a year.

It also (at least somewhat) makes geographical sense. AAC now has 4 in Texas (and 1 in OK, LA) 2 in NC (and 1 in TN) plus the others.

Aren’t the service academies limited by the number of reps from each state?

Reaction Score
Aren’t the service academies limited by the number of reps from each state?
It's not about future students; it's about future enlistees.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Memphis should go independent in all sports. Let Penny run the basketball team like an AAU program / NBA showcase. Get fedex on board for some major NIL deals. Get their own streaming deal somewhere (can’t be worse than the annual payout from the AAC).

Annual extended road trips to southern CA and FL in January / February. Scheduling will be tough, but they can get it done (what’s the difference in playing Pepperdine or Rice when it comes to selection committee?). Chances are they can get a few quality OOC games even late in the season if they are strategic.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
If we can’t get Gonzaga and Villanova gives their blessing, I would not necessarily be opposed to adding Temple. 12 is better than 11 when it comes to NCAA bids.

Reaction Score
Temple does do as much for me as it does for a number of you. Maybe I’m missing something
I agree. I do feel sorry for Temple because I think they're above the new AAC, but I don't think they're Big East level. I mean... they were kicked out of the old Big East for not being good enough. The original AAC was where Temple belonged.

Reaction Score
I agree. I do feel sorry for Temple because I think they're above the new AAC, but I don't think they're Big East level. I mean... they were kicked out of the old Big East for not being good enough. The original AAC was where Temple belonged.
they're 11-11 vs. us in men's BB and 7-4 vs. us in football.

Reaction Score
Temple does do as much for me as it does for a number of you. Maybe I’m missing something
It won’t let me edit. It should say “does not do”

Reaction Score
they're 11-11 vs. us in men's BB and 7-4 vs. us in football.
Good for the them. I don’t really see your point re: the Big East (I’d love to get them regularly scheduled for football though)

Reaction Score
Good for the them. I don’t really see your point re: the Big East (I’d love to get them regularly scheduled for football though)
My point being they are an athletically and academically competitive university - if Villanova agrees, they'd be a good addition. The OP talks about them getting kicked out by the Big East - that Temple is not the Temple of today by any means.

Reaction Score
My point being they are an athletically and academically competitive university - if Villanova agrees, they'd be a good addition. The OP talks about them getting kicked out by the Big East - that Temple is not the Temple of today by any means.
Their current Kenpom would have them as the second worst team in the Big East. Only Depaul is lower. They're just fill at that point. I don't want to add a team to the Big East unless they make the conference better, Temple doesn't do that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom