AAC Bowl games matter this year more than ever! | Page 8 | The Boneyard

AAC Bowl games matter this year more than ever!

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Thankfully for us we have a coach who is going to put a priority on team speed again. Can't compete without it in or out of conference. Players like Milton and Flowers from USF with their ability to elude pressure, keep their eyes downfield, then run and get huge yards while getting down and not fumbling or taking huge hits can really elevate a program. This game shows why we need a 16 team playoff.

USF and UCF have one other thing in common, they are both 1-0 against Auburn. LOL

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
This great for the AAC until we blow up the narrative beating them week one next year

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Great win for the league. We needed this. Let’s see what the final rankings are. UCF should be no lower than 3rd.

As a closet Nebraska fan, I’m excited that Frost is coming home to hopefully bring them back to the big time.

Reaction Score
Successful bowl season for the AAC. Won the one that counts. Blew out an ACC team. Beat a Big 12 team. Still have no idea why Memphis was so lackluster at home against Iowa State.

I've been pretty open minded about what is to blame about UConn's current football/men's hoop situation. I was willing to consider the conference is hurting us too much in ways we can't imagine. Maybe that is true but certainly not to the extent of being as bad as we are currently are in both sports. Too many other AAC schools performing too well in football/men's hoop to simply pin the league for our problems. Its becoming clear our main reason for our predicament is the coaching malpractice of Bob Diaco and Kevin Ollie.

Reaction Score
Does anyone with a brain actually think these games matter with respect to P6 credibility?

May I remind you that with a nationally relevant program in West Virginia, highly ranked Cincinnati, Louisville and then hell our Edsall teams along with Pitt and Rutgers put together some damn good seasons including BCS bowl wins.

What did that get us? Nothing.

We are what we are. Would any of us consider the A-10 a major basketball player if St. Joe's beat us in 2014 or if URI made it to the Elite 8 last season? No.

Sorry to disappoint you but UCF knocking off Auburn Matters. Ya think?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Sorry to disappoint you but UCF knocking off Auburn Matters. Ya think?

To who? For what?

Boise knocked off a bunch of teams. What did it get them or Mountain West?

Nothing.

It’s a nice win that people will talk about for 36 hours and then the whole world will forget about it.

UConn fans cheering them on is insane - because if it means anything it means a lot to the program not the league.

Not that I think anyone is expanding - but they just might want a functional athletic program when they do - so your pom poms are going to feel pretty awkward then.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom