AAC Bowl games matter this year more than ever! | Page 9 | The Boneyard

AAC Bowl games matter this year more than ever!

Reaction Score
Something happen in the past hour that I'm not aware of?

Nothing will happen over night, but it will get people talking, which has already started. Plus, it will help recruiting, "to be the next UCF."

Reaction Score
To who? For what?

Boise knocked off a bunch of teams. What did it get them or Mountain West?

Nothing.

It’s a nice win that people will talk about for 36 hours and then the whole world will forget about it.

UConn fans cheering them on is insane - because if it means anything it means a lot to the program not the league.

Not that I think anyone is expanding - but they just might want a functional athletic program when they do - so your pom poms are going to feel pretty awkward then.

Right and don't forget when the Power 5 propaganda machine reminds everyone that Auburn would have won had they had the right shoes that will seal your position! LOL!

Reaction Score
Great win for the league. We needed this. Let’s see what the final rankings are. UCF should be no lower than 3rd.

As a closet Nebraska fan, I’m excited that Frost is coming home to hopefully bring them back to the big time.
As Randy Edsall gets UConn ready to compete in the AAC, Frost has a multi year rebuilding job (albeit with much higher expectations), but especially rebuilding Disastro's disaster of a defense, before Nebraska starts competing for a B1G Championship or playoff spot. There is that parallel with Dicko being the common denominator.

Reaction Score
The reaction could just as easily be that the P5 sees that too much talent is leaking out of the P5 and they gotta tighten it up by changing recruiting rules so that only they have a shot at the best players and coaches. I mean, if I was them and I controlled a cartel like they do, that is what I would do. And I would enlist my chief enabler ESPN to assist in that effort.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Right and don't forget when the Power 5 propaganda machine reminds everyone that Auburn would have won had they had the right shoes that will seal your position! LOL!

Yes, like all the other claims in this thread I’m sure that will be the case.

I like how you don’t ever provide what the tangible evidence will be for your nonsense but rather stick to broad claims that don’t ever come true.

If the next TV contract is yuge - at least we know who to blame.

Reaction Score
IMG_1379.JPG
Wow!! This team has a pair don’t they?

If they hold on to win...Looks like we’ll be opening up against a top 10 team?

Paul Finebaum said Auburn was going to "dust" UCF. Keep laughing Pauly!

Paul Finebaum makes bold prediction for Peach Bowl between Auburn, UCF

Reaction Score
AAC is close to being back to where the Big East was? One could hope so.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
We never have to wonder if we'll ever be able to play close football with the biggest boys. Apparently, we already have...

Reaction Score
IMG_1380.JPG
Yes, like all the other claims in this thread I’m sure that will be the case.

I like how you don’t ever provide what the tangible evidence will be for your nonsense but rather stick to broad claims that don’t ever come true.

If the next TV contract is yuge - at least we know who to blame.

Your a joke!

I recall in the past you called the AAC a dumpster fire on more than one occasion. Rather broad claim! Typical negative position.

Reaction Score
Would it be a good idea to start a rivalry with UCF? Maybe a trophy? Just a thought..
Frost's dissing of the ConFLiCT Trophy is going to live on in UCF lore.

#aacbowlgamesmatter

Reaction Score
AAC is close to being back to where the Big East was? One could hope so.
They need to keep their top coaches in conference, and keep winning bowl matchups and regular season OOC games with the P5 teams. If HCRE does get our football program rolling (I know, a big if), or if UCF or Cincinnati are consistently ranked in the top ten, I can see the P5 picking off one or two teams just to sink the AAC back to where it started at. Great for UCF, Cincinnati or UConn but disastrous for the AAC as a whole.

Reaction Score
Edsall to recruit. We play UCF next year. NOT, hey we play Missouri next year.

Conference legit. No other way to describe it.

Reaction Score
UCF got me half of my wish today. Maybe I'll change my Alabama/Georgia in finals to require talking heads to address UCF/AAC. If both lose then have LSU/Auburn/Alabama/Georgia all lose on the same day - "SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC."
Let the ESPIN SEC butt boys explain that!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The reaction could just as easily be that the P5 sees that too much talent is leaking out of the P5 and they gotta tighten it up by changing recruiting rules so that only they have a shot at the best players and coaches. I mean, if I was them and I controlled a cartel like they do, that is what I would do. And I would enlist my chief enabler ESPN to assist in that effort.

But the opposite happened. The early signing period hurts the top programs who used to string kids along forever. You can expect more of this, not less.

Reaction Score
But the opposite happened. The early signing period hurts the top programs who used to string kids along forever. You can expect more of this, not less.
Edsall has seven spots left. This helped.

Reaction Score
"It wasn't right," Scott Frost said of UCF not getting in the playoff. He said it looked like the committee was hesitant to place his team high in the rankings because they're from the AAC and not a Power 5.

Reaction Score
Edsall to recruit. We play UCF next year. NOT, hey we play Missouri next year.

Conference legit. No other way to describe it.
Edsall and Lashlee already have the recruiting ball rolling. Jones and Krajewski are great recruits.

Reaction Score
P5 schools will continue to grab the best coaches from the G5 because they can afford to lure them (Herman, Frost). The G5 will be a landing zone for ex-P5 coaches (Strong, Edsall).

If the playoffs expand it won’t be because there was a deserving G5 left out. It will be because more P5 schools want in on the big $$$ playoff bowls.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom