A new announcing crew! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

A new announcing crew!

How long will it take before certain Boneyarders start complaining about the broadcast crew?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Here you go Tiff takes the ball out of bounds , passes to Caroline, caroline dribbles 5 times then passes on the wing to Kaleena,
are you kidding ? It's visual and I for one of many, enjoy getting inside news from behind the scenes, especially in a blowout.

Phil - I've felt the same way for years. It's TV! I can see what's going on. I know the UConn players by sight. I don't need somebody to tell me that Dolson fouled or that Hartley made the 3. If I feel that I missed something I simply back up the DVR.

The only reason announcers are needed is to keep from wasting the available audio.
If they played elevator music during the game I would be OK with that.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Phil - I've felt the same way for years. It's TV! I can see what's going on. I know the UConn players by sight. I don't need somebody to tell me that Dolson fouled or that Hartley made the 3. If I feel that I missed something I simply back up the DVR.

The only reason announcers are needed is to keep from wasting the available audio.
If they played elevator music during the game I would be OK with that.

As I have said before, TV is only a semi visual media. Many people have the TV on and are doing multiple things. As I type right now I am listening/watching a medical show and, also, the afternoon news. I, myself, prefer the quality PxP call to alert me to when I need to give attention to the TV, especially, in a replay era where it is possible to then see the play or on the DVR to quickly rewind it and check it out. I would bet that those who sit and only focus on the screen with full attention today are the minority. I say this from being in and out of about a dozen to two dozen homes a week and seeing peoples viewing habits. It is an error to assume people only watch TV.

Reaction Score
And I would contend that even those who do stay glued to the tv and are focused only on the TV, only see a small portion of all that is going on of relevance on the floor. When you don't see the ref in the picture, and you don't see "away from the ball", how can you possibly know which player was cited for a foul. And sure, you may know all the UCONN players by sight, but do you know every opposing player?
I guess we all have different desires when watching a game. I prefer they call the game. For me, telling me (possibly again) what I can see on the screen is less objectionable than missing what they didn't show.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
As I have said before, TV is only a semi visual media. Many people have the TV on and are doing multiple things. As I type right now I am listening/watching a medical show and, also, the afternoon news. I, myself, prefer the quality PxP call to alert me to when I need to give attention to the TV, especially, in a replay era where it is possible to then see the play or on the DVR to quickly rewind it and check it out. I would bet that those who sit and only focus on the screen with full attention today are the minority. I say this from being in and out of about a dozen to two dozen homes a week and seeing peoples viewing habits. It is an error to assume people only watch TV.

Why not put aside the knitting while the game is on? :D

Seriously, I typically watch TV with a book. However, with UConn games the TV usually has my undivided attention. Except the blowouts - it could be Dizzy Dean and Curt Gowdy announcing and they would still be boring.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads