A new announcing crew! | The Boneyard

A new announcing crew!

How long will it take before certain Boneyarders start complaining about the broadcast crew?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Bob and LaChina Robinson wouldn't totally surprise me, actually.

Reaction Score
Let's remember how much better Bob and Meghan seemed after listening to the ESPN blabbing bobbleheads during the tourney.

Be careful what you wish for . . .

U

UCONNfan1

why are they changing it up? people didn't like the other two? Would the blond one be able to work for ESPN? would they even hire her? ( forget her name sorry)

Reaction Score
They can put LaChina on a slow boat LA or China, for all I care. I don't find her a particularly tolerable announcer at all.

Reaction Score
What was the name of the guy who sometimes subbed for Picozzi? Eric something? He would be a good choice for play by play. Maybe Kara Lawson for color commentary - I believe I've heard her doing the men's games at times, but I can't remember if that was on SNY or on ESPN.

I doubt SNY would hire Meaghan. I'll miss her.

Reaction Score
What was the name of the guy who sometimes subbed for Picozzi? Eric something? He would be a good choice for play by play. Maybe Kara Lawson for color commentary - I believe I've heard her doing the men's games at times, but I can't remember if that was on SNY or on ESPN.

I doubt SNY would hire Meaghan. I'll miss her.

HOOPS - might well have been Eric...not sure. But, I agree that he was a very welcome change. Actually seemed interested in the game....and actually talked about the game.

Reaction Score
I voted for "1 Game" but in truth, the gripes will begin here LOOOOOONG before they toss up the ball for the first game!

Reaction Score
HOOPS - might well have been Eric...not sure. But, I agree that he was a very welcome change. Actually seemed interested in the game....and actually talked about the game.

Eric Frede from Comcast SportsNet in Boston. Given that Comcast owns SNY, I'm predicting he'll be doing play-by-play.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
I'd vote for Mike Gorman and Becca Lobo. They've done Sun games together and made a good team.

Reaction Score
I'd vote for Mike Gorman and Becca Lobo. They've done Sun games together and made a good team.

Mike Gorman works for the Celtics so he'll be too busy.

No way ESPN allows Rebecca Lobo. And I doubt she'd give up that job.

Reaction Score
Speaking for myself, I'd say one game, based on past history. Anyway, I'm hoping Eric whatever gets it. He played the announcing game pretty straight.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I wouldn't mind having a bit of a rotating crew - you want them knowledgable, but any crew can get stale over time.

Reaction Score
I've definitely heard Kara Lawson doing the men's games on SNY before. She would be a great option.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Kara Wolters? Gotta be better $$ than radio.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
I like the idea of a rotating crew:
• play-by-play is from rotating crew of HuskyNan, alexrgct, vowel guy and ericsandiego
• color is a rotating team of icebear, doggydaddy, oldcoach and MilfordHuskey
• the only permanent member is tonyc who does the sideline reporting every game
Heck, I'd pay double my annual CPTV pledge for that entertainment package.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I've definitely heard Kara Lawson doing the men's games on SNY before. She would be a great option.
I thought I heard Bob P before on SNY calling a men's game

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I think both Kara and Doris Burke have done men's games on SNY.

Reaction Score
I just wish whoever they get would call the game. Things like who just subbed in, what the whistle was for. Even telling me which player has the ball is often helpful. I really don't need to be told the favorite color of the second grade teacher of the mother of player x (not to be confused with Xavier McDaniels) or even where the announcing crew had dinner last night. JUST CALL THE GAME. Even though TV is a visual medium, the cameras only catch so much. The announcing crew can provide real value by telling us what we don't see (clearly). Otherwise, they are just noise.
(With that said, the color commentary can add greatly be reminding us of things such as a players past performance at the free throw line and/or telling us why a particular offensive or defensive effort worked or didn't work)
If the announcing crew did these things, what can possibly get stale?
If they "JUST CALLED THE GAME", even blowouts are interesting as we can become students of the game.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
DoggyDaddy for Play by Play and analysis, with Wonks and DChoco for color and interviews. Nan should be there as producer and Uberlord, Biff for Graphics, and JS for resulting legal issue(s)and brouhahas surrounding announcing crew.

TonyC can do the promos and general PR.

Reaction Score
I think both Kara and Doris Burke have done men's games on SNY.

Are you sure about that? I've heard them do men's games on ESPN, but I'd be very very surprised if they did work for a non-ESPN channel.

Reaction Score
I also voted for 1 game, but I'm willing to bet that it starts as soon as the names are announced! Maybe they can get Doc Emrick, who does a lot of NHL games, and is, in my opinion, absolutely the best at it. He is amazing at keeping straight who has the puck, and when line changes are being made, to include who is coming on the ice.
I agree with those who say "JUST CALL THE GAME!!!!!!!!"

Reaction Score
Are you sure about that? I've heard them do men's games on ESPN, but I'd be very very surprised if they did work for a non-ESPN channel.

I can't speak for Nan but I know I heard her. I was surprised myself because I had never heard her do a game on SNY before. She was very knowledgeable and overall she did a great job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom