A dream come true for Triad - Coach P. will not return [merged thread] | Page 2 | The Boneyard

A dream come true for Triad - Coach P. will not return [merged thread]

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Has someone checked on @triaddukefan ?

Does he need smelling salts to come back around...

Was totally caught off-guard this morning.... I was all prepared for March/April 2021....not July 2. Anyway I was actually doing some research.... ... haven't been to the liquor store in 15 years.... trying to see whats available. If you see something on the news about a middle aged guy wearing a Duke Women's Basketball T-shirt passed out on the sidewalk with a half empty bottle of Yac in his hands..... you will know that I overdid it. :eek::eek::eek:

Reaction Score
Michelle Clark Heard would be a great hire from Cincinnati. She has a proven track record as a winner and turning programs around. Also, it give Duke an opportunity to add a black coach to a head coaching position, which I don’t think they’ve done before.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
First Duke call should go out to Beth Cunningham.

ValidLightheartedAtlanticspadefish-size_restricted.gif

Reaction Score
I'm shocked.
I know folks will take your post as sarcasm, but I recall sitting in STUNNED silence in the then Hartford Civic Center around 2005 ( I'm old, can't remember specific year) as Coach P's Mich. St. Spartans systematically dismantled the Huskies. We were never in it, I often wonder what the heck happened to THAT coach.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
They're taking an assistant coach the ND didn't rehire ?

I certainly don't have any insight into the dynamics of the previous ND coaching staff...does anyone on this board?...maybe not.

During the many good years at ND (all that I remember) Beth got a lot of complements and decent press for her work...Unclear why she was the one Niele chose not to keep...

If Duke decides to hire her... seems like a reasonable choice

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
They're taking an assistant coach the ND didn't rehire ?

Yeah, seems like that would be settling for a coach who happens to be available and whom the AD knows personally. Duke WBB should be one the top 5 jobs in the country and should be competing for elite recruits every year. Duke should be able to do better than Cunningham.

Last edited:

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
I tuned out when she started thanking the entire state of Maine.

On behalf of my fellow Maine citizens, all 1.3 million of us, and all the Maine residents who know who JPM is—all seventeen of us—I offer up a profound yaaaawwwwn.

I do wish her well in whatever future endeavors she may undertake.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I certainly don't have any insight into the dynamics of the previous ND coaching staff...does anyone on this board?...maybe not.

During the many good years at ND (all that I remember) Beth got a lot of complements and decent press for her work...Unclear why she was the one Niele chose not to keep...

If Duke decides to hire her... seems like a reasonable choice

Beth was Associate Head Coach under Muffet and Neile wanted someone else in that seat -Coquese Washington, who had held that position under Muffet before leaving for the Head Coach job at Penn State, where she had indifferent results and ended sacked and moved on to an assistant position at Oklahoma I believe.

Cunningham is highly qualified.

Reaction Score
Yeah, seems like that would be settling for a coach who happens to be available and whom the AD knows personally. Duke WBB should be one the top 5 jobs in the country and should be competing for elite recruits every year. Duke should be able to do better than Cunningham.
Waaaaaay better, this is a bad hire and I can’t stand Duke, but I liked it when they were good and I miss playing them.

Reaction Score
I know folks will take your post as sarcasm, but I recall sitting in STUNNED silence in the then Hartford Civic Center around 2005 ( I'm old, can't remember specific year) as Coach P's Mich. St. Spartans systematically dismantled the Huskies. We were never in it, I often wonder what the heck happened to THAT coach.

They pressed and pressed and we turned the ball over and over. I believe we were up by 12 with something like 4 minutes left. And then the murders began. . .

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom