A Confident Walker | Page 4 | The Boneyard

A Confident Walker

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
How do you think would she do as an additional recruiter?
I believe that colleges are limited to the number of coaches they can put on the road to recruit. For D1, the limit would be 4 (HC + 3 assistants)

Reaction Score
I believe that colleges are limited to the number of coaches they can put on the road to recruit. For D1, the limit would be 4 (HC + 3 assistants)

well if Shea is not traveling for a bit I suppose she could do it...............it would be impressive to have someone with her standing out there............not that SR is chopped liver

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Megan is really putting in the work. Working out with Napheesa and now Barbara Turner. I keep saying it, I can't wait for the season to start. I got a feeling 2019 will be the year for #12 :).

Reaction Score
Megan is really putting in the work. Working out with Napheesa and now Barbara Turner. I keep saying it, I can't wait for the season to start. I got a feeling 2019 will be the year for #12 :).

I hope you are right, but ND is absolutely loaded. I don't see them losing a game this year. Heck, I see them winning every game this year by double digits!

Reaction Score
I hope you are right, but ND is absolutely loaded. I don't see them losing a game this year. Heck, I see them winning every game this year by double digits!

Try pretending you are an Irish fan. I'll wager you could find lots of dark clouds over the program, :D

Reaction Score
It's on Twitter. Look like a picture.
DiZZz9JUcAAG1KV.jpg:large

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
It’s not just the muscles, which are pretty damned impressive, but MW has lost weight. She has no waist to speak of. Her fitness level may be off the charts this season.

Making it easier to blow by defenders on her way to the basket. :D

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Making it easier to blow by defenders on her way to the basket. :D
I’ve always felt the biggest single reason that freshmen stumble has more to do with their level of fitness than anything else. They never had to work so hard in practice and games to compete against players as good as they are, or better. It’s gotta be a shock.

There’s two ways to respond. There’s the one where you bitch and complain and maybe transfer and there’s MW’s way, where you commit to transforming yourself into a superbly conditioned athlete who’s ready to take on the world.

How soon does the season start? :)

Carnac

Reaction Score
I’ve always felt the biggest single reason that freshmen stumble has more to do with their level of fitness than anything else. They never had to work so hard in practice and games to compete against players as good as they are, or better. It’s gotta be a shock.

There’s two ways to respond. There’s the one where you bitch and complain and maybe transfer and there’s MW’s way, where you commit to transforming yourself into a superbly conditioned athlete who’s ready to take on the world.

Not soon enough. :(

Carnac

Reaction Score
I like this. Megan is "doing work" over the summer, and we can see it's paying off. You go girl!! If Liv went on a serious weight training regimen, she could look like this 12 months from now. Can you imagine ONO at 195 lbs? Grrrrrr. :cool:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

I think there are 2 related things: fitness and confidence. Meg was strong last year, but her cardio was apparently lacking. Plus, Geno and staff threw so much info at her that it was difficult to absorb in a short time. She has had time to absorb that now, as well as time to improve her fitness. Crystal’s sophomore leap was partly attributable to her improved strength and fitness. I’d say the same about Pheesa’s phenomenal sophomore leap. Meg will be able to play with the knowledge that she has put in the work and is as strong and fast as just about anyone. Meg’s response to last season has been very constructive, and I think it started in April. However, I wonder if Meg seeing Christyn up close and Geno’s comments about CW’s strength have further motivated Megan. She’s looking the part of Megatron.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I think there are 2 related things: fitness and confidence. Meg was strong last year, but her cardio was apparently lacking. Plus, Geno and staff threw so much info at her that it was difficult to absorb in a short time. She has had time to absorb that now, as well as time to improve her fitness. Crystal’s sophomore leap was partly attributable to her improved strength and fitness. I’d say the same about Pheesa’s phenomenal sophomore leap. Meg will be able to play with the knowledge that she has put in the work and is as strong and fast as just about anyone. Meg’s response to last season has been very constructive, and I think it started in April. However, I wonder if Meg seeing Christyn up close and Geno’s comments about CW’s strength have further motivated Megan. She’s looking the part of Megatron.
I absolutely agree on the confidence side of the equation. One great way to gain confidence is to show up on the court knowing you’re the strongest, best conditioned athlete on the floor. That there isn’t another player that can run the court with you or bang inside against you for 40 minutes. It sure looks like that’s where MW is headed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom