52-14 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

52-14

Status
Not open for further replies.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Jesus. We ARE pats fans.

That sucks.

Reaction Score
Sanogo caught a pass near the free throw line late in the game, no one on him, he turned his back to the basket and kicked it to a wing. He has no thought of driving to the basket. Jackson does this while facing the basket. No thought to drive and shoot. Hurley is going to have to reset his team midseason because we have hit a major pothole on offense.

Reaction Score
It's the Big East. You need to be able to overcome home cooking if you are a national title contender.
No you don't have to. You only have to go to the tourney. Then you need to win six.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Or we just have eyes and don’t blindly say “refs are never an issue”
Refs make multiple mistakes every game but I can assure you there’s not a 52-14 level conspiracy going on to get UConn’s opponents to the line to undercut our chances.

It’s a huge problem for Hurley and this team and they need to fix it.

August_West

Reaction Score
I rest my case.

If Hurley said that in the context you’re implying then I may turn in my fan card. BS. Fouls were called because providence won every race to loose balls and were quicker to rim. Did we get hit without a foul call? sure! If you or Dan Hurley think that’s a difference maker screw you both.

Reaction Score
Jesus
Jesus what? The same things happens in other BE games. When X beat SJ, SJ made a huge comeback. The officiating was just as one sided during that span as tonight. It is not a UConn thing. It is a conference thing. We just need to get to the tourney. How good do you think UConn is? If UConn is as good as I think they are, we should do OK.

Reaction Score
We do nothing to get to the free throw line.

It’s not a conspiracy.
Maybe stop fouling so much? Also. They don’t take it to the rim and the paint is never open.

They play a deep drop on Jackson, and just clog the paint .Newton has no space on the drive. They gotta hit some jumpers.

If teams are gonna pack the paint. Shoot good 3s. What is that? Drive to basket draw defense, then drive the close out agains They need to move the ball more and get defenses off balance.

That or run Pick N Roll. Where did Sanogo’s pick and pop go? He sets a screen, he pops to the 3. Didn’t even try it tonight. They need to get defenses out of the lane.

Reaction Score
Stop. Just stop.

They weren’t fantom fouls. They were real fouls and there were zero adjustments in their play when they realized they were being called for them. Where’s the coach on that??

They also don’t drive the basket. Providence and Xavier drove the basket all night long.

I’m sorry, but Sanogo gets the ball at the key, with no one on him, and he doesn’t take it to the house. He leaves his back to the basket and kicks out.

When the 3’s don’t fall, you have to change it up. They just don’t.

There needs to be better penetration to the basket. Sanogo needs to use that body. He’s playing soft and wants to finess every shot.

They need to man up on the offensive side of the ball, because they are getting slapped and doing absolutely nothing about it.
They play better with Clingan on the court. It very apparent

Reaction Score
We have two post up players that are much better than their defenders. Sanogo and Clingan should be taking 15-20 free throws a game just between the two of them.
Then someone needs to teach them to draw contact, because they rarely do.

August_West

Reaction Score
Jesus what? The same things happens in other BE games. When X beat SJ, SJ made a huge comeback. The officiating was just as one sided during that span as tonight. It is not a UConn thing. It is a conference thing. We just need to get to the tourney. How good do you think UConn is? If UConn is as good as I think they are, we should do OK.
I mean I love the way we’ve been playing. And this is a messageboard you can certainly search my posts. I said we had no guards preseason. I reported closed practice takes. Took lumps for a Newton triple double against whoever, and I’ve enjoyed our early season run. We have no guards. Asking AJ to cover that every night only works for so long.

August_West

Reaction Score
We have two post up players that are much better than their defenders. Sanogo and Clingan should be taking 15-20 free throws a game just between the two of them.
We have no guards to get them ball. Just AJ

Reaction Score
I mean I love the way we’ve been playing. And this is a messageboard you can certainly search my posts. I said we had no guards preseason. I reported closed practice takes. Took lumps for a Newton triple double against whoever, and I’ve enjoyed our early season run. We have no guards. Asking AJ to cover that every night only works for so long.
We should have been throwing NIL deals at Castle’s feet to get him here early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom