50-44 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

50-44

Reaction Score
Why, because I disagree with you? I thought this board was for discussion.
Because it's a ridiculous post. Kemba, Bazz, and El-Amin aren't pure points despite being the best points in the whole country. Curry, Lillard and all the other best point guards in the NBA don't make the cut because they can shoot and score from everywhere.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Because it's a ridiculous post. Kemba, Bazz, and El-Amin aren't pure points despite being the best points in the whole country. Curry, Lillard and all the other best point guards in the NBA don't make the cut because they can shoot and score from everywhere.
I'm trying to follow here. Kemba, Bazz and KEA can't be called pure point guards because they could make shots?

Reaction Score
I'm trying to follow here. Kemba, Bazz and KEA can't be called pure point guards because they could make shots?
Now you're getting it, you can only be a pure PG if the other parts of your game are limited

Reaction Score
Yep. Who knew our best point guards of all-time are Taliek, Tate, Ollie, and Sheffer.

There's another thread kicking around where if Vital was plugged into the lineup with Kemba, Bazz, or Emeka he would be an all-time great.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
You mean Enoch not “Diaries”? Those guys transferred because of Ollie... before Ollie was fired. So don’t bother bringing it up.
Enoch Powell, famous Brit politician, wife's "diaries" captured Brit political social life in 50's, 60's.

Reaction Score
The freshmen will be here next year, doubt if Gilbert and Vital will. If they don't work out the kinks in their games this year, they'll have to do next year. When does Uconn start to win again?
Vital's elibility is up at the end of this season and Gilbert will probably leave. We should be pretty good next season.

Reaction Score
I hope you’re kidding. Stats don’t just transfer to next level. If you’re not sure about that look at Gilbert as an example. A good recruit shouldn’t peak in HS. How many great college players don’t translate into NBA players? Don’t be lazy like Ollie and just stand behind some HS numbers.

You’re right, he was only the number two (2) ranked point guard in his class. What Ollie really needed was a guy with your foresight and eye for talent on his staff.

Reaction Score
I would recommend checking out box scores from 2003 and 2004. Tell me we couldn't use that point guard right about now. Sometimes you don't know what you had until it's gone.
Oh, i absolutely agree. My point was that the final Taliek product didn’t happen right away. He used to get killed, much like what’s happening to AG right now.
T Brown got better and the team had enough firepower to finish the job. But he didn’t start out as everybody’s favorite PG!

Reaction Score

Disagree. I don’t consider Bazz, Kemba or El Amin to be pure point guards. Thus me saying Taliek is too 3. Those guys are combo guard who looked to score first.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom