50-44 | The Boneyard

50-44

Reaction Score
Gilbert got a gift with a dumb Houston foul on the perimeter, goes to the line and misses both free throws when he could have extended the lead to 8. Who else knew the game was over right then and there?

He's just a losing player, period. Tough kid, represents the program well. But has no idea how to win games. A relic of the KO era.

Reaction Score
I posted this tweet at that very moment
Screenshot_20200123-231736.png

Reaction Score
He was around the program for 2 years, same as Vital. You think none of those attitudes rubbed off on him?
I have no idea what that means but I do wonder what you think this team’s record and average margin of loss would be without Vital and Gilbert?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Very impressive. Mods - is the handle “Nostradamus” taken already?

I know, sadly we all knew what was about to happen

we're watching reruns

Reaction Score
I have no idea what that means but I do wonder what you think this team’s record and average margin of loss would be without Vital and Gilbert?
I know it would suck. I know if we had that whole senior class. We’d be ranked. Jackson. Durham. Vital. Gilbert. Diaries. That’s your starting 5. What. Oils do been. However. If they stayed. Ko would have too.

Reaction Score
I'm not going to bury Gilbert because he's been a good kid, worked hard through injuries and I feel like his heart is in the right place.

That said, he's just not a point guard who knows how to control the flow of a game or direct an offensive game plan. You'd think with Taliek on staff, he'd have gotten better there because TB is arguably a top 3 UConn pure PG. It's frustrating to watch Gilbert take horrible shots or make poor decisions with the ball. Wow.

Reaction Score
Gilbert got a gift with a dumb Houston foul on the perimeter, goes to the line and misses both free throws when he could have extended the lead to 8. Who else knew the game was over right then and there?
When you are a 6' guard (approximately) - you have got to make free throws. No excuse. No excuse. Might as well put in the trainer - or walk on... Frustrating.. and painful. I think messages have really been sent... And every kid thinks they are going to the league... That game - as others - were for the taking. They should be made to watch the video of it (from the 6 point lead) until the end ...over and over and over... wow?! No coach can fix the lack of self preparation. Betcha' Dan makes at least one of two - in his attire. Clank...clank...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Free throws wouldn’t even been key. 3 possession game and now they’re frantic for a 3 pointer. Who knows what happens next

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You are blaming Ollie for last night's loss. Got it.
Why do you only show up on this board after tough losses? But the guy is part right, we aren't going anywhere until his guys are gone.

Reaction Score
I'm not going to bury Gilbert because he's been a good kid, worked hard through injuries and I feel like his heart is in the right place.

That said, he's just not a point guard who knows how to control the flow of a game or direct an offensive game plan. You'd think with Taliek on staff, he'd have gotten better there because TB is arguably a top 3 UConn pure PG. It's frustrating to watch Gilbert take horrible shots or make poor decisions with the ball. Wow.
Taliek used to get eaten alive for being turnover prone and not having a better jumper. Wasn’t until that BETC vs Pitt that he became everybody’s darling. How quickly we forget.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Taliek used to get eaten alive for being turnover prone and not having a better jumper. Wasn’t until that BETC vs Pitt that he became everybody’s darling. How quickly we forget.
I would recommend checking out box scores from 2003 and 2004. Tell me we couldn't use that point guard right about now. Sometimes you don't know what you had until it's gone.

Reaction Score
I remember sitting in the civic center with my husband and son. I was totally disgusted with the hate spewed toward Taliek. When we won the 2004 National Championship I wished I could have found the haters and been able to get in their face.
College players don't ever deserve to be treated that way.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Because he learned to stop dribbling into traffic and losing in the ball. I suspect if Gilbert made the same adjustment, he would get the same reaction from the board.

Reaction Score

Thank you Tuna for making some sense. It's unfortunate that they do consistently make bad plays at critical times but there's only a couple reasons they're at critical times. And they are part of those reasons. Everyone wants a change, let's make a change get Brendan Adams and Jalen Gaffney more time LOL and not start these 2. That's just throwing the towel in and making these close games pure losses from the beginning. These guys both make plays those 2 can't period. They both defend better than those 2 period. We are in games because of those 2 period.

First one to admit, they make bad, stupid plays in critical situations no doubt about it. Why? Coaching stop them at all? Can coaching run different plays at the end to make SURE the ball is in someone elses hands at the end? Actully can we get someone else open in critical points of the game, run something? I mean they still don't make the plays they should but it's on going how do they stop it?

As Tuna said here the good news is if you do get those changes with the other guys there will be no critical plays to be had we will be down 20 or so going into the last 2-3 minutes anyway. There's an idea huh?

Reaction Score
The Ollie apologists used to use Gilbert injuries as an excuse for him losing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moochi278

Top Bottom