#5 Iowa vs #4 Kentucky - 3/23/21 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

#5 Iowa vs #4 Kentucky - 3/23/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Y'all keep talking about Mitchell as though his patented "forty minutes of us fouling the crap out of your players" was a revolutionary thing. It wasn't. Maybe in the SEC it was, no, thinking about it, it wasn't even all that unusual there.
Yea no. Kentucky is a hot mess in every area.

the coach has lost the team

Reaction Score
Everyone is so concerned about Clark who is every bit as good as she's hyped up to be, yet no one is calling out players like Collier/Howard/Dungee who have been overrated all year IMO.
Where have you been? Those players have been called out.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Too bad they don't rebound like SC.
During the brief look in ESPN provided, they were rebounding just fine. But it didn't matter how many O boards they grabbed, they couldn't but anything thru the net.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I wonder if the National Freshmen of the Year Awards have all been voted on. Between Caitlin's performance in the Big Ten tournament and so far in this tournament, she's opening some voters eyes. I have always thought Caitlin and Paige will split awards and now I'm convinced she will. Paige has a huge social media following. However there's a large following that want Caitlin to win the FOY Awards.

Reaction Score
What’s everyone’s predications on a UConn Iowa matchup hopefully next round? I’ve only watched one Iowa game so isn’t have a good read but Caitlin Clark is the real deal. One player can’t win by herself though

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Some of the seeding was really flat out bad. Kentucky as a #4 seed would be prime example #1.
I still think Georgia Tech as a #5 is insane. They beat a handful of the other completely mediocre middle of the pack ACC teams, but don't have a single what I would call "good win" on their resume.

Reaction Score
I don’t see that. I hope Iowa and UCONN win so we can see what these 2 phenomenal freshmen can do against legit defenses. Well Iowa’s defense looks legit today...or is Kentucky just this bad?
It's Kentucky being that bad (today at least).

Iowa is simultaneously one of the nation's best offenses and worst defenses, by statistical rankings.

So if UConn and Iowa do play, it'll come down to whether Connecticut slows the Iowa offense down enough - it's unlikely that Iowa will take a ton off UConn's scoring average. On the bright side, UConn is a better defensive team than they were before the Arkansas loss...most days. ;)

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
How does everyone think a matchup of Iowa vs UConn will go? Not to get too far ahead...
Iowa is dangerous since their offense is so potent and Clark is so difficult to stop. Their similar to Arkansas in this regard. If they're "on", they're hard to stop. The matchup should favor UCONN since ONO's size and shot blocking should be a challenge for Czinano and UCONN's entire defense will be centered around preventing Clark from getting clean looks. I'd also expect UCONN to make it a half court game rather than allow it to become faster paced.

Reaction Score
Iowa is going to be a major challenge for UConn if we get there. Clark is impossible to guard. She is going to get hers. They also have a good inside player. They are goig to score a

Reaction Score
I wonder if the National Freshmen of the Year Awards have all been voted on. Between Caitlin's performance in the Big Ten tournament and so far in this tournament, she's opening some voters eyes. I have always thought Caitlin and Paige will split awards and now I'm convinced she will. Paige has a huge social media following. However there's a large following that want Caitlin to win the FOY Awards.
awards are voted before the NCAAs

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I just tuned in and I see Kentucky is covering Clark with someone half her size. Then on the offensive end they're not making her work at all. What is this coach thinking?

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Of course, I'm watching the NC State game but my goodness, Iowa is just destroying Kentucky. Caitlin Clark going off?

Reaction Score
Looking forward to a head to head in the round of 16. Very interested to see how Iowa performs against a defensive power. Stats are fun, but winning Basketball is first and foremost a team game.

Reaction Score
....score a lot so UConn is going to have to be shooting well to keep up. Reminds me a lot of the problems Arkansas posed except Iowa is much better coached and Chark is a way better player than anyone on Arkansas. Uconn's bracket looks very challenging.

JordyG

Reaction Score
I think the Kentucky coach should at least try #13 on Clarke and have #15 on Iowa's #24. The mismatch is glaring.

Last edited:

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Where have you been? Those players have been called out.
I worded that poorly....those players have been called out but not as frequently as Clark has, besides maybe Collier as of late and Dungee yesterday. Literally every Iowa game there's a Clark thread that pops up with several fans making statements like, "Caitlin only cares about stats, Paige cares about winning! Clark doesn't play defense! She turns the ball over too much!"

JordyG

Reaction Score
Also the idea of pressing Iowa and making Clark work from end line to end line is a good idea

Reaction Score
Also agree with BobbyJ.. Kentucky looks atrocious.... awful body language and low energy plus they just dont seem that talented....

JordyG

Reaction Score
I worded that poorly....those players have been called out but not as frequently as Clark has, besides maybe Collier as of late and Dungee yesterday. Literally every Iowa game there's a Clark thread that pops up with several fans making statements like, "Caitlin only cares about stats, Paige cares about winning! Clark doesn't play defense! She turns the ball over too much!"
Yeah. It's absolutely pure BS. Clark is not I repeat not a stats player like say Howard is. This kid is a playa who cares about her team and winning. The stats just come because she's just so darn good.

Reaction Score
Kentucky is chipping away. Iowa’s got to keep the scoring up. I wouldn’t feel comfortable with less than a 20 point lead going into the fourth.

JordyG

Reaction Score
#1 on Clark is a better match up. Again, make her work from endline to endline on offense then make her work on defense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom