#5 Iowa vs #4 Kentucky - 3/23/21 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

#5 Iowa vs #4 Kentucky - 3/23/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Worse coaching change--Mississippi St. or Kentucky?

Reaction Score
If Iowa wins over Kentucky, is that really an upset? I know seedings are seedings but this is really a 4.5 seed vs 4.5 seed in my opinion. I also think Iowa may have better depth inside with Cnziano and Goodman than people give them credit for. Goodman has impressed me throughout the Big10 tournament and their first game on Sunday.

Iowa's defense is going to be the question, especially if Howard decides to take over the game for Kentucky. I also think Clark has to be careful and stay out of foul trouble.

Posted this in the Upset thread. Honestly didn't see it going the way that it is, but the inside game seems to be a bigger strength for Iowa than I thought it would be.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
If we win tonight, get ready for "Caitlin Clark is terrible/overrated" threads on the main board. :(
Well, at least they can play head to head and then maybe put it to rest for a little while after the game...

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Kentucky may be one of the poorest coached teams in the SEC. Up there with Miss St and Vandy, they win on talent....

Elzy is in over her head unless Howard wills them to a win, they are screwed majority of the time
Ha I feel vindicated for ragging on Kentucky so much throughout the season.

Reaction Score
I wonder what Matthew Mitchell is thinking watching this from home. He Brought in an amazing crop of transfers and in one off season, this is the product.
Y'all keep talking about Mitchell as though his patented "forty minutes of us fouling the crap out of your players" was a revolutionary thing. It wasn't. Maybe in the SEC it was, no, thinking about it, it wasn't even all that unusual there.

Reaction Score
Clark is actually ahead 24-22.
Having an unbelievable game. Not sure what the tourney record is for points in a game, but she is tracking for 50+. Cant wait to see the Paige vs. Clark show in the Sweet16.

Reaction Score
Kentucky's one of the laziest, dumbest teams I've seen. Standing around watching rebounds and loose balls. A couple times bigs walking up the floor following transition. And Howard doesn't impact the game other than taking shots.

Reaction Score
Was hoping UConn would be the team to expose Kentucky, but Iowa coding a great job of it. Does Ky not know that Clark can hit 3s? Haven’t seen a contested shot. Hope Iowa keeps it up.
That’s the danger of Clark. You guard her too closely, then she’s blowing by you and it becomes 5 on 4.

Reaction Score
If we win tonight, get ready for "Caitlin Clark is terrible/overrated" threads on the main board. :(
I don’t see that. I hope Iowa and UCONN win so we can see what these 2 phenomenal freshmen can do against legit defenses. Well Iowa’s defense looks legit today...or is Kentucky just this bad?

Reaction Score
Just realized I won't be able to watch this game as I don't get ESPNU. This is the game that should be on ESPN2 instead of USF vs NC State. Even if NC State is a #1 seed, Ky vs Iowa is a more compelling matchup because of Caitlin Clark vs Rhyne Howard. I do think Iowa has too much offense for Kentucky and will win the game.
I don't get it either but I can stream it online from the Watch ESPN app.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Hawkeyes and Clark putting a major hurting on Kentucky. Iowa up by 27 (49-22) at the half. Clark has 22 points, 4 assists and 5 rebounds.
I luv it!!!!!!!! Caitlin is giving the Naismith nominators an object lesson. Kicking Kentucky and Howard's collective butts. Caitlin 24 Howard 7 Kentucky 22. Rock on Caitlin, rock on!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom