40 Times | Page 4 | The Boneyard

40 Times

Reaction Score
I absolutely nailed Disco being fired and you were totally clueless. True, my first replacement preference was Moorehead - that's a separate issue.
Actually @whaler11 had you beat by a few weeks. You waffled.

God bless the BY search function and a solid memory of revisionist history attempts.

You are a strange but fun poster... Chief is just not always right or forthcoming. The cast of characters here is what makes the BY what it is and keeps us all coming back.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

God bless the BY search function and a solid memory of revisionist history attempts.

You are a strange but fun poster... just not always right or truthful. The cast of characters here is what makes the BY what it is and keeps us all coming back.

Probably 2/3rds of what I heard was in PMs from 3-4 posters here.

It's not like you needed to be Bob Woodward to piece this thing together.

Reaction Score
Okay then. Back to 40 times. Still really hoping Buss gets clearance and can play sooner than later. Last year he ran a legit and verified 4.34 - 40. Might even be faster now because he's lighter than a year ago.

Doe anyone know how many on the roster run sub 4.4's?

Reaction Score
Okay then. Back to 40 times. Still really hoping Buss gets clearance and can play sooner than later. Last year he ran a legit and verified 4.34 - 40. Might even be faster now because he's lighter than a year ago.

Doe anyone know how many on the roster run sub 4.4's?

True Freshman Zavier Scott for one... Tyler Coyle may be close - ran 4.4 previously.

Reaction Score
I fully support you electing not to share any more information. Confirmed.

You are so full of it. I never said Calhoun was coming back to UConn but rather coaching. Stairmaster had him one foot in the old folks home. I absolutely nailed Disco being fired and you were totally clueless. True, my first replacement preference was Moorehead - that's a separate issue. As for Miller, Travis and Drummond coming in 2011 - I nailed all those and the same jokers who criticize and not offer anything of value themselves are frankly very small, jealous people.
Seriously, considering leaving this board - some good dudes - but too many losers.

The humor of it all, the humor would be missed. Other than that .... Bye.

I can't speak to all the other predictions, but whaler called Diaco being canned about 2 weeks or so prior to anyone else.

Reaction Score
After Todman we simply have had a huge falloff in talent at RB. Arkeel is talented, but he's not big enough to break initial contact for the most part and his top end speed is mediocre to my eye. Our run blocking has been for as well.

I fully expect Randy to address this, but it will take time.
IMG_0085.JPG

FWIW....
  • Newsome's career long run, 90-yards (2015). He had a 67-yard run in 2016.
  • Todman's career long run, 66-yards (Oct 8, 2010/Rutgers). He had a 58-yard run in 2009.
  • Newsome's 4.49 40-time, ties him for the third fastest among the top 50 RBs in the 2018 Draft Class. The fastest time, 4.46. Two players ran 4.48 and another ran 4.49. Fourth-five others ran 4.50 or greater.
  • Long TD runs have more to do with downfield blocks by WRs, then a players "top end speed" or lack there of. An unblocked defender with decent speed can use pursuit angles and the sideline to run down a RB in the open field.

Truthfully, it has more to do with a fall off in coaching.

And I'm not saying Newsome is better then Todman, Brown, McCombs, Caulley, etc...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I am highly enjoying this thread. If nothing else, it has become entirely clear to me that Chief is not trolling after watching this meltdown. He's had some nice predictions, he has had some bad misses that he downplays or denys and he cares way to much about what other people think of him, but all in all, go Chief.

One question - do you really think the coaches ordered new stop watches? So silly. Say Randy mentioned the RB's being slower than a turtle - do you think the staff would purchase turtles to race against Arkeel?

Reaction Score
Pretty much ignorant - I predicted Drummond was coming to UConn in Sept 2011. Also, that Diaco was going to be fired.
Those were pretty lonely positions at the time but some morons after the fact pretend it was consensus.
Not sure how my original post here had anything to do with my ego - I will defend myself when losers try to reinvent history.

CTMike - When are you going to break your first story?

The words Diaco is going to be fired were never typed by you. I believe the quote was "some people may get their wish on Jan 1st" which could have meant a new OC that some people wanted. Like medic said you give yourself wiggle room with vague comments.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
It's the same small group of bitter guys.

I find it helpful sometimes to evaluate the key aspects of a thread gone wrong.

1) Making Serrano mad? Happens often. His friends even consider it a badge of honor.

2) Making Stairmaster mad? He's been known to take a stand from time to time.

3) Making me mad? I probably didn't have my Snickers bar yet.

4) Making CTMike mad? Get your head examined. I've seen Mother Teresa lose her $#it more than he has.

Gut check time, Chief...

Reaction Score
In all seriousness, I always thought Chief's act was a shtick. The whole "insider information" thing and referring to himself in the third person. Does he really take himself that seriously?

Reaction Score
View attachment 24268

FWIW....
  • Newsome's career long run, 90-yards (2015). He had a 67-yard run in 2016.
  • Todman's career long run, 66-yards (Oct 8, 2010/Rutgers). He had a 58-yard run in 2009.
  • Newsome's 4.49 40-time, ties him for the third fastest among the top 50 RBs in the 2018 Draft Class. The fastest time, 4.46. Two players ran 4.48 and another ran 4.49. Fourth-five others ran 4.50 or greater.
  • Long TD runs have more to do with downfield blocks by WRs, then a players "top end speed" or lack there of. A unblocked defender with decent speed can use pursuit angles and the sideline to run down a RB in the open field.

Truthfully, it has more to do with a fall off in coaching.

And I'm not saying Newsome is better then Todman, Brown, McCombs, Caulley, etc...

Didn't those other guys mostly play against way better competition?

Reaction Score
Uconndogs and Stairmaster - when will you actually break a story of any value?

Chief, it's kind of ironic that you break a story about shockingly low RB 40 times and the very posters who attack anyone for being optimistic when things are bad are suddenly upset because you are bursting their bubble on the breaking news that the coaches were amazed at the slow 40 speeds. (Serano aside). Having been admittedly over optimistic in some past projections, I have learned to temper expectations and I realize that's all you were doing. Other than Arkeel, we have no tested and true backs, just some young pups we are all counting on, Hopkins, Vicker's, Mensha, etc.

Further, how could you possibly insinuate that we have slow running backs, considering that out of 128 FBS teams UCONN finished dead last in scoring offense, 122 in total offense and 118th in rushing YPG!

Chief, I was with you and Randy after the meet the coaches event on 2/16 at the Rent. I saw first hand how warmly he greeted you. It was obvious to me that the two of you have a good relationship with some history. I would not be surprised if you were privy to info such as you shared.

From personal experience it's a fine balancing act to convey info that may be valuable and interesting to Boneyarders while at the same time not breaching the confidence and trust that one has developed over the years with key members of the program. So thank you for sharing.

So to all of my Boneyard buddies it's our differences and clashes that at times make the boneyard interesting and quite frankly fun. We are an odd brood and each poster has their own unique style and on line persona. Not that Chief needs any defenders but some of you should lighted up on him. His info IMO is more credible than you may think.

News bulletin - No one is right 100% of the time. Sorry, Husky Medic aside! LOL
Common Medic can I get a return LOL out of you.

Don't worry our play fast offense is going to make our RB's look faster than they really are!

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
The words Diaco is going to be fired were never typed by you. I believe the quote was "some people may get their wish on Jan 1st" which could have meant a new OC that some people wanted. Like medic said you give yourself wiggle room with vague comments.
Everyone knew what get your wish meant.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Chief, it's kind of ironic that you break a story about shockingly low RB 40 times and the very posters who attack anyone for being optimistic when things are bad are suddenly upset because you are bursting their bubble on the breaking news that the coaches were amazed at the slow 40 speeds. (Serano aside). Having been admittedly over optimistic in some past projections, I have learned to temper expectations and I realize that's all you were doing. Other than Arkeel, we have no tested and true backs, just some young pups we are all counting on, Hopkins, Vicker's, Mensha, etc.

Further, how could you possibly insinuate that we have slow running backs, considering that out of 128 FBS teams UCONN finished dead last in scoring offense, 122 in total offense and 118th in rushing YPG!

Chief, I was with you and Randy after the meet the coaches event on 2/16 at the Rent. I saw first hand how warmly he greeted you. It was obvious to me that the two of you have a good relationship with some history. I would not be surprised if you were privy to info such as you shared.

From personal experience it's a fine balancing act to convey info that may be valuable and interesting to Boneyarders while at the same time not breaching the confidence and trust that one has developed over the years with key members of the program. So thank you for sharing.

So to all of my Boneyard buddies it's our differences and clashes that at times make the boneyard interesting and quite frankly fun. We are an odd brood and each poster has their own unique style and on line persona. Not that Chief needs any defenders but some of you should lighted up on him. His info IMO is more credible than you may think.

News bulletin - No one is right 100% of the time. Sorry, Husky Medic aside! LOL
Common Medic can I get a return LOL out of you.

Don't worry our play fast offense is going to make our RB's look faster than they really are!

Chief is AD Dave?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Backbencher - rather criticize those in the arena but don't have the moxie to get in it yourself.
In the arena?

Reaction Score
I am highly enjoying this thread. If nothing else, it has become entirely clear to me that Chief is not trolling after watching this meltdown. He's had some nice predictions, he has had some bad misses that he downplays or denys and he cares way to much about what other people think of him, but all in all, go Chief.

One question - do you really think the coaches ordered new stop watches? So silly. Say Randy mentioned the RB's being slower than a turtle - do you think the staff would purchase turtles to race against Arkeel?

I have 2 important questions:

#1 - Were all the other position groups re-tested after the new stop watches arrived? Or did the coaching staff rely on the original results ... and only re-test the RB's?? The coaches could potentially have some inaccurate data ...

#2 - How do you scientifically test a stop watch? Calibrate it against the amount of time it take a BY thread to derail??

Reaction Score
I have 2 important questions:

#1 - Were all the other position groups re-tested after the new stop watches arrived? Or did the coaching staff rely on the original results ... and only re-test the RB's?? The coaches could potentially have some inaccurate data ...

#2 - How do you scientifically test a stop watch? Calibrate it against the amount of time it take a BY thread to derail??

The only way to know for sure is to order and install a cesium atom clock. I suggest that be the next order of business and all time keeping pieces be routinely checked, preferably daily. Heck, maybe the Rent's clock is slow too. Maybe we are in a space time distortion...which is possible given Diaco's orthogonal view of reality.

C

Chief00

You are a strange but fun poster... Chief is just not always right or forthcoming. The cast of characters here is what makes the BY what it is and keeps us all coming back.
Huskymedic - you are really losing your sense of accuracy and fair play. I read the link you provided and Whaler11 put the odds at 10-20% - hardly a prediction Bob Diaco would be fired. But to Whaler 11 credit he was not saying Diaco would definitely be back like many did.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom