40 Times | Page 2 | The Boneyard

40 Times

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
The whole team is faster simply because Diaco wanted them bulked up and that slowed them down. Randy had many of them shed weight so they became faster. Watch Alec Bloom this year and you will see a huge difference.

C

Chief00

The whole team is faster simply because Diaco wanted them bulked up and that slowed them down. Randy had many of them shed weight so they became faster. Watch Alec Bloom this year and you will see a huge difference.

But, Diaco brought the team culture and team huddle hugs.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Funny how when our guys train for the combines they suddenly become faster and more athletic. Tell you anything about the coaching and slow reactive pace of the offense and defense? Practice slow, play slow, become slow. Speed has to be maintained and improved over time with consistent training. I'm guessing we fell way short in that department.

Excellent point. Somehow we keep sending workout beasts to the combine. Guys who don't standout as athletic freaks during the season like you would expect if the rest were so below average. Gives extra weight to bad coaching as the primary cause. That said there was a lot of slow on the field last season on both sides of the ball.

Reaction Score
Didn't we supposedly recruit all these track guys who are fast? Did they somehow get slower and slower each year?

Reaction Score
After Todman we simply have had a huge falloff in talent at RB. Arkeel is talented, but he's not big enough to break initial contact for the most part and his top end speed is mediocre to my eye. Our run blocking has been for as well.

I fully expect Randy to address this, but it will take time.

C

Chief00

You needed this guy to tell you this? Anyone with 2 semi functional eyes knew we were a step slow. We don't need a guy with a 30% accuracy rate on predictions singling out a group of kids on a message board.

Yeah, we were slow and Diaco sucked. News at 11.

Confirme_
I get it - you are still waiting for someone to consider one of your posts "interesting". As for accuracy, the list I cite is pretty impressive. Where did you get 30% LOL

Reaction Score
Fair question, I think it's a legitimate evaluation of where we were in the Spring. I thought it was a little humorous. Please note, all we need is a couple fast guys and maybe Mensah will be part of the new formula. Chief has a long reputation of giving it to people straight ahead of time Drummond committing, Diaco firing, Travis firing, Miller firing, Calhoun coaching again etc. Some fans appreciate that, I think. Others may not? I think if Randy can turn this around, which I believe he can, we can fully appreciate what he accomplished if I am honest.
I do agree there are things one shouldn't post and there are those who know what I have elected not to post.

Reaction Score
An anecdotal story to the talent level Diaco and Coach P left behind. When Randy was having the running backs timed in the Spring, the times were so slow Randy thought there was something wrong with the watches and ordered new ones.

an·ec·do·tal
ˌanəkˈdōdl/
adjective
  1. (of an account) not necessarily true or reliable, because based on personal accounts rather than facts or research.

Inaccurate stop watches... lol.

Reaction Score
Diaco focused on prototype height and weight. He wanted BIG guys. So Diaco ended up with a larger and slower team. He got what he wanted. This has been in the public forum for a while. Diaco said this to the media.

In short, this is not a surprise.

C

Chief00

an·ec·do·tal
ˌanəkˈdōdl/
adjective
  1. (of an account) not necessarily true or reliable, because based on personal accounts rather than facts or research.

Inaccurate stop watches... lol.

It's appropriate wording because the watches were never scientifically tested to my knowledge.

It's sad, someone shares an arguably funny story that I felt could be appropriately shared and these are the reactions - I guess that's one of the reasons I usually elect not to share.
When you have no unique insights of your own the tendency is to find fault with those who do. Not directing this last comment to Huskymedic but to certain others.

Reaction Score
It's appropriate wording because the watches were never scientifically tested to my knowledge.

It's sad, someone shares an arguably funny story that I felt could be appropriately shared and these are the reactions - I guess that's one of the reasons I usually elect not to share.
When you have no unique insights of your own the tendency is to find fault with those who do. Not directing this last comment to Huskymedic but to certain others.
I thought it was funny and sadly probably true. Diaco probably kept the sundials the old geezers used before him to time....only diaco was probably too dumb to figure those out too.

C

Chief00

Nah... all good. It's the source/previous history.

Fear not and post away! You'd likely get more leeway/latitude.

I gave you a reprieve last post - why did you make that idiotic comment?
The source that was right on Drummond, Diaco, Miller, Travis and Calhoun. Yeah consider that and compare the accuracy to anything you posted.

Reaction Score
I gave you a reprieve last post - why did you make that idiotic comment?
The source that was right on Drummond, Diaco, Miller, Travis and Calhoun. Yeah consider that and compare the accuracy to anything you posted.

Quite frankly - You alluded to Calhoun coming back to coach UConn not St Joes.
Calhoun days are most likely never coming back. You and a bunch of other people are going to be very unhappy for the rest of your lives if that's what you're waiting for.
You may live to regret those words about Calhoun not coming back!

Same w/ Diaco being replaced (and by Moorhead and having to wait for Bowl Games to be over)... You skillfully leave yourself enough wiggle room to make a comment fit a future scenario/action. It is what it is. It is your well developed BY personna - it makes you who you are on here Chief... but don't expect not to be challenged when the BS sensor goes off. (Stopwatches not being scientifically tested...LOL).

Reaction Score

Same w/ Diaco being replaced by Moorhead and having to wait for Bowl Games to be over... You skillfully leave yourself enough wiggle room to make a comment fit a future scenario/action. It is what it is. It is your well developed BY personna - it makes you who your are here... but don't expect not to be challenged when the BS sensor goes off. (Stopwatches not being scientifically tested...LOL).
You know guys the season can't start soon enough. GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Same w/ Diaco being replaced (and by Moorhead and having to wait for Bowl Games to be over)... You skillfully leave yourself enough wiggle room to make a comment fit a future scenario/action. It is what it is. It is your well developed BY personna - it makes you who you are on here Chief... but don't expect not to be challenged when the BS sensor goes off. (Stopwatches not being scientifically tested...LOL).

And you didn't even need to include the 11:11 debacle.

Reaction Score

I fully support you electing not to share any more information. Confirmed.

Reaction Score
After Todman we simply have had a huge falloff in talent at RB. Arkeel is talented, but he's not big enough to break initial contact for the most part and his top end speed is mediocre to my eye. Our run blocking has been for as well.

I fully expect Randy to address this, but it will take time.
I thought it was telling that Anthony Sherman went higher than Todman, and Todman was not chopped liver by any means. Wonder if UConn plays with a real FB this year?

C

Chief00

You are so full of it. I never said Calhoun was coming back to UConn but rather coaching. Stairmaster had him one foot in the old folks home. I absolutely nailed Disco being fired and you were totally clueless. True, my first replacement preference was Moorehead - that's a separate issue. As for Miller, Travis and Drummond coming in 2011 - I nailed all those and the same jokers who criticize and not offer anything of value themselves are frankly very small, jealous people.
Seriously, considering leaving this board - some good dudes - but too many losers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom