3-way Tie for BE POTY, and no Bouk? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

3-way Tie for BE POTY, and no Bouk?

Reaction Score
I get it....new kid in town....don't want to reward House Husky of the royal kingdom where they once ruled over the vast region known as the Big East from their seat in Storrs. It is one of the oldest lines of champion nobility by far, claiming a line of descent stretching back over 30 years. Hell hath the fury of the four legged white warrior.
We shall take this conference back...and return it to it's rightful owner.

Reaction Score
Who do you think voted for Bouk?
Cooley and Willard would be the obvious choices since they saw the difference live with and without Bouknight in terms of wins and losses, but we know Cooley voted Gillespie and Willard seems too spiteful. My money would be on Wojo

Reaction Score
I get it....new kid in town....don't want to reward House Husky of the royal kingdom where they once ruled over the vast region known as the Big East from their seat in Storrs. It is one of the oldest lines of champion nobility by far, claiming a line of descent stretching back over 30 years. Hell hath the fury of the four legged white warrior.
We shall take this conference back...and return it to it's rightful owner.
I had a funny feeling our guys may get shut out of the big individual awards for the reason that we are viewed as the “new kid on the block”. I guarantee there are some coaches (Not Jay Wright) that view us as an outsider. Like I said in an earlier post, a Championship trophy is all that matters. We saw this in 2011 when they gave the POY award to Hansbrough over Kemba. Let’s use this as extra motivation.

Reaction Score
Cooley and Willard would be the obvious choices since they saw the difference live with and without Bouknight in terms of wins and losses, but we know Cooley voted Gillespie and Willard seems too spiteful. My money would be on Wojo
Cooley didn't have Bouk on his first team ballot.

Reaction Score
If we both make it to the finals, we will both be very happy IMO.

Agree on this. Would like for that to happen and so you know if it does happen I won’t be as arrogant as my last reply lol.

Reaction Score
A long-standing UConn tradition.

2004: Okafor gets robbed of NPOY because of Jameer Nelson. We win the national championship.
2011: Ben Hansbrough (lol) wins BE POY over Kemba. We win the national championship.
2021: Bouknight loses out on BE POY to three bums. We win the...
Yeah that was some funny ish. Hansborough over kemba.

Reaction Score
Agree on this. Would like for that to happen and so you know if it does happen I won’t be as arrogant as my last reply lol.
Haha. All good. It would mean we are both in the tourney and I hope it happens. Fwiw I think only UConn, SJU and Creighton have any shot of doing anything in the tourney. Creighton is good, UConn young and talented and SJU aggressive and very deep. All different but all can run a bit.

Reaction Score
Haha. All good. It would mean we are both in the tourney and I hope it happens. Fwiw I think only UConn, SJU and Creighton have any shot of doing anything in the tourney. Creighton is good, UConn young and talented and SJU aggressive and very deep. All different but all can run a bit.
UConn is nowhere near the bubble. They're currently a 7 seed.

Reaction Score

All depends on match ups for any of us. Will see!

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Donnys got jokes. At the half, while doing highlights of the SH game he said “there’s Mamu, showing you why he’s one of 15 BE Players of the Year.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom