3 seed | Page 4 | The Boneyard

3 seed

Reaction Score
Disappointed.

Really wanted a 3 in the East and that’s basically impossible now.

Reaction Score
It would be absolutely asinine if Duke got the 3 in the 4 in the east over us — would be 1000% political.
Im not a conspiracy guy, but the “politics” are starting to worry me with Duke, as well as the anti Big East bias. I think It’s pretty well known that UConn and MSG would be a huge advantage, and they are going to avoid giving us what we want.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Im not a conspiracy guy, but the “politics” are starting to worry me with Duke, as well as the anti Big East bias. I think It’s pretty well known that UConn and MSG would be a huge advantage, and they are going to avoid giving us what we want.
Why do you say msg is an advantage? It hasn’t really helped us in BET last 3 years.

Reaction Score
Why do you say msg is an advantage? It hasn’t really helped us in BET last 3 years.
Honestly, I think It depends on how you look at it. If you just take it game by game, we have won 2/3 at MSG this season, and those 3 games were played in the last 2 weeks. Id take our chances playing anybody in the Sweet 16 at MSG compared to any of the other venues. Thats just my opinion.

At the same time, we were not a great road team this year. If we are playing somebody and it compares to a road environment, Im not so sure I would as confident going into that situation.

Reaction Score
I would love to be a three seed against a 6 seed without a good offense. I think when we play locked in/our best, only teams like Marquette and Xavier with great offenses can beat us.

Give me St Mary's in Albany with Gonzaga as the two in the region too so we get their fans rooting again St Mary's.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I don’t see the committee giving UConn a 3 seed over Xavier but I feel UConn is better served with a trip out west. MSG is a home court in fans eyes but not sure the players see it that way. They may talk it but not feel it. They had great success in Oregon so why not go back out to that part of the country?

Reaction Score
Decourcey just updated his bracket. We are a 3 seed in the South against Colgate.

His 3 seeds: Uconn, Kansas State, Gonzaga, Baylor.

His 4 seeds: Tennesse, Virginia, Duke, Xavier.

I think that's very fair and balanced with metrics, AP rankings, Quad 1, etc. Makes a lot more sense than Lunardi.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Makes no difference what seed we are. We are going to win four in a row and get to the final four. The Marquette game was an elite 8 game. The loss will turn out to be good for us. I hope wherever we land the media exposure on our chances is less favorable, I don’t want the media to love our team. We need our players to find a chip to put on their shoulders. Hopefully Big 10 bias will prevail as usual, they will get 9 teams in the tourney, Indiana will keep their three seed and they will ship us as far away from home as possible as a four seed. Of the 9 Big 10 teams in the tourney 6 or 7 will lose in the first round. Then who ever is the chair of the selection committee will be interviewed by cbs and give the committee thought process on how they came up with the seeded feel. The explanation that is offered for why the usual suspects (schools and conferences) got favorable draws and seeds will make no sense to anyone who is not Duke or is a Big 10 school. That scenario sound familiar?

Reaction Score
Bracket Matrix final update has us as the last 3 seed
Screenshot 2023-03-12 at 3.24.42 PM.png

Reaction Score
Decourcey just updated his bracket. We are a 3 seed in the South against Colgate.

I think that's very fair and balanced with metrics, AP rankings, Quad 1, etc. Makes a lot more sense than Lunardi.
Doesn’t Lunardi have a horrible track record w these things? It’s like how Mel Kiper is so historically wrong w mock drafts yet people keep listening to him

Reaction Score
I think Baylor may still be ahead of us. But we should still get a 3 seed. The way Marquette blew out Xavier actually makes our 2 point loss look good. So I think Xavier is behind us. Duke probably lands on the 3 line.
Xavier did beat us twice

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

Kevin Hart Crying GIF by Team Coco

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom