3 seed | Page 8 | The Boneyard

3 seed

Reaction Score
I like our placement. We should get to Round of 16, if we don't implode with lack of scoring again. Kansas is tough, but we have a nice size advantage in the middle over them. They got a lot of 6'5-6'8" guys who can play.

Reaction Score
There’s not. You just have to win. But we got the 13 no one wants as a 4, and then the 12 that is the only 12 that can make our life hell because their strength on D is the worst matchup for the way this team is built . If people were impressed by Marquette’s ball pressure, wait until you see VCU.
Sure. But the A10 is absolute trash this year. And Marquette is much better than VCU. And we've beaten Marquette and played good games against them.

It has to be the hard way. That's okay.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I feel like people have forgotten this, so I'll say it: in the last 6 weeks we've lost 2 games by a total of 5 points. One of those was to a 6 seed in their building, the other was to a 2 seed. The same two seed we destroyed during that same 6 week stretch.

I'm not saying this game will be easy, but we're a damn good team.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
If UConn had beaten Xavier once it would have been a 3 for UConn
Right or wrong that’s the way I called it
That’s what a bunch of were saying during our BE play. We had bad losses and didn’t close out games against the top 3. We were more what our BE record was than our OOC record. We beat St. John’s, Seton Hall, and split with Xavier we’re a lock

Reaction Score
There’s not. You just have to win. But we got the 13 no one wants as a 4, and then the 12 that is the only 12 that can make our life hell because their strength on D is the worst matchup for the way this team is built . If people were impressed by Marquette’s ball pressure, wait until you see VCU.

You gotta beat teams to win this thing, sally. And Marquette is much better than VCU, find your balls.

Reaction Score
I feel like people have forgotten this, so I'll say it: in the last 6 weeks we've lost 2 games by a total of 5 points. One of those was to a 6 seed in their building, the other was to a 2 seed. The same two seed we destroyed during that same 6 week stretch.

I'm not saying this game will be easy, but we're a damn good team.
mood GIF

Reaction Score
They are 12 and 13 seeds for a reason. We probably got the easiest 5 seed, we could've gotten Duke who nobody wants to play now.

Reaction Score
That really is strange.
I am insistent that our resume is a 3 seed.
But I agree with committee.
Why?
We have lost most of all games where it came Down to couple last possessions.
If I a NCAA I'm thinking I can't put a 3 in there that cant seem to win a close game and did not win this conference nor make it finals of conference tourney.
I'm okay with seed.

pj

Reaction Score
I am insistent that our resume is a 3 seed.
But I agree with committee.
Why?
We have lost most of all games where it came Down to couple last possessions.
If I a NCAA I'm thinking I can't put a 3 in there that cant seem to win a close game and did not win this conference nor make it finals of conference tourney.
I'm okay with seed.

You may be OK with the seed but I bet Kansas isn't.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Go ahead and worry: it's praying for what you don't want. See how well it's working?

Now every team will consult this site for game prep. Point out the flaws of other teams, not the one you love. You doubt that other fans send enough bad energy in our direction?

The guy who threw the hot dog will defend himself by claiming you influenced him against ketchup.

And if you're really concerned about Iona, then why look ahead beyond one game?

If you're gonna be an influencer, be a good one. Your baby deserves no less from her daddy.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Go ahead and worry: it's praying for what you don't want. See how well it's working?

Now every team will consult this site for game prep. Point out the flaws of other teams, not the one you love. You doubt that other fans send enough bad energy in our direction?

The guy who threw the hot dog will defend himself by claiming you influenced him against ketchup.

And if you're really concerned about Iona, then why look ahead beyond one game?

If you're gonna be an influencer, be a good one. Your baby deserves no less from her daddy.
Yeah Rick Pitino needs to come here for game prep ideas

Well in that case, hey rickie: sag off Hawkins and dont try to dribble drive us, we are too good at stopping the ball. Also don’t press us we beat it every time

Reaction Score
Well, "should be a 3, but probably will get screwed with a 4" exactly fit my expectations, especially after the initial top 16 reveal.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I want that 13.

Hell can be a lot more fun than heaven, you should know this better than I do. By the way, we should steamroll VCU if they get past St Mary's.

Reaction Score
Classic boneyard thread title missing a question mark.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Yeah Rick Pitino needs to come here for game prep ideas

Well in that case, hey rickie: sag off Hawkins and dont try to dribble drive us, we are too good at stopping the ball
Tips from Hugh Bris?

Do you want the team to take the game seriously? Start by doing so yourself.

There's not a single winning argument to the contrary. At this point, mockery's a cheap loser's high. And you know it. Recant, spinner.

Reaction Score
If you think we got screwed, Cuse is a 20 Seed in the Middle-Earth Region. Rutty is an 18 in the Quantum Realm bracket....just brutal...

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Look at the other 5 seeds. We could gotten Duke. This is a good draw.
That’s what I said. Favorable 5. Unfavorable 13. No other 4 is playing a 13 that’s playing in their home state. Should have given us Kent State and sent Iona to play IU. But the media is already salivating over the matchup. I always wonder how much influence TV has. Why are Houston, Texas and A&M in the same bracket? Has to be TV.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom