OT: - 21st century CBB Mt. RUSHMORE | The Boneyard

OT: 21st century CBB Mt. RUSHMORE

Reaction Score
I was watching ESPN this morning and the discussion was the All-time NBA Mt. RUSHMORE. They were all pretty much the same 4 guys with a few changes (Jordan, Magic, LeBron, Kareem) but it got me thinking about the college Mt. Rushmore. All time would be too varied so I was thinking of the Players who played in the 21st century. Here is my list: (one and done is okay if it's undeniable)

1. CARMELO
2. Tyler Hansborough
3. Dougie McBuckets
4. Kemba

Would love to see what the yard has to say, now that we can loosen our belts a little after that huge W.

Reaction Score
Replace Melo with Steph Curry and that's probably my list. Could convince me to go Jimmer over him but it's one of those 2 over Melo for me

Reaction Score
kemba - for obvious reasons.
davis - POY and final 4 mvp. best defensive player of the decade.
hansborough - POY and final 4 mvp. 2x 1st team AA, 1x 2nd team AA, 1x 3rd team AA.
battier - POY, 3 finals appearances, 2 rings.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
doug mcdermott? really? why?
That was my thought as well but he has a really impressive list of college awards/stats. I think he's actually the easiest inclusion here. AP POY, 3x conference POY, 3x consensus 1st team All American

Screenshot_2022-02-23_165224.jpg

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
That was my thought as well but he has a really impressive list of college awards/stats. I think he's actually the easiest inclusion here
He didn't put the team on his back and win the whole thing as well as another ring as a frosh.

Reaction Score
Replace Melo with Steph Curry and that's probably my list. Could convince me to go Jimmer over him but it's one of those 2 over Melo for me
I toyed with Jimmer over Doug but then I researched his stats and accolades and it pushed it over the edge.

Reaction Score
kemba - for obvious reasons
davis - POY and final 4 mvp. best defensive player of the decade.
hansborough - POY and final 4 mvp. 2x 1st team AA. 1x 2nd team AA. 1x 3rd team AA.
battier - POY, 3 finals appearances, 2 rings
Battier!! Damn. That's hard to beat. I overlooked him. Probably blocked him out of my memory. Shabazz for me was tough to lose , but I didn't want to go too heavy uconn. I thought about Emeka as well.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I was watching ESPN this morning and the discussion was the All-time NBA Mt. RUSHMORE. They were all pretty much the same 4 guys with a few changes (Jordan, Magic, LeBron, Kareem) but it got me thinking about the college Mt. Rushmore. All time would be too varied so I was thinking of the Players who played in the 21st century. Here is my list: (one and done is okay if it's undeniable)

1. CARMELO
2. Tyler Hansborough
3. Dougie McBuckets
4. Kemba

Would love to see what the yard has to say, now that we can loosen our belts a little after that huge W.
You could make an argument for Jimmer Freddette

Reaction Score
Okafor, Curry, Anthony Davis, Tyler Hansbrough
I think it’s difficult to put any player who only played 1 year on this list

Mcbuckets is definitely on it. Tough to beat his college accolades minus a title but in college it’s so difficult given the format

Hansbrough is also definite lock.

Okafor for definitely deserves consideration

Reaction Score
Nothing against Doug McDermott, but he achieved all that in a mid major. if you have four players on Mount Rushmore, to include one from a mid-major they would have to have not just racked up huge numbers during the regular season, but taken their team somewhere in the post season. So make a case for Curry. But McPherson or Jimmer? Both great players -- both legitimate player of the year candidates (picking one is always totally arbitrary if the contenders aren't all in the same conference anyway) -- but hardly top 4 of a 20 year period.

Reaction Score
Nothing against Doug McDermott, but he achieved all that in a mid major. if you have four players on Mount Rushmore, to include one from a mid-major they would have to have not just racked up huge numbers during the regular season, but taken their team somewhere in the post season. So make a case for Curry. But McPherson or Jimmer? Both great players -- both legitimate player of the year candidates (picking one is always totally arbitrary if the contenders aren't all in the same conference anyway) -- but hardly top 4 of a 20 year period.
He won national player of the year while playing in the Big East

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Had to laugh at Carmelo - you really stretched with the one and done
Kemba, Battier, McDermott are all solid picks (Kemba being weakest for a career achievement but he would be the best if you counted one season)
The 4th one is very difficult - Curry? Walton?
Not Davis, not Melo, not Fredette

On the All NBA - hard to put Magic on there without Larry Bird
No Chamberlain? No Russell? thats ridiculous those two would dominate in any era as would Dr J and Elgin Baylor

Why do people think the NBA started 1977?

Last edited:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Hate to say it or even think it, but I'll go with this

Okafor
McDermott
Hansbrough
... don't shoot me...
JJ Reddick

And this is no disrespect to Kemba. Kemba owned 2011. But these four guys all got national acclaim in multiple seasons.

Reaction Score
Hate to say it or even think it, but I'll go with this

Okafor
McDermott
Hansbrough
... don't shoot me...
JJ Reddick

And this is no disrespect to Kemba. Kemba owned 2011. But these four guys all got national acclaim in multiple seasons.
Hansborough was so visibly dominate. Very hard to argue.

Reaction Score
It's the last guy. Behind Laettner and McNamara, possibly the most hated guy in history of BY.
Oh him. Yeah. Not a fan of him. He just called out Zion in the press today. Not sure what happened.

Reaction Score
He won national player of the year while playing in the Big East

That’s my bad then. I could tell you that the Big East without us was a mid major, but instead I’ll just apologize for my mistake. Still don’t think he’s near the level of best 4 in a 22 year period, but sorry to have confused the situation

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Jay Williams
Okafor
Anthony Davis
Zion

TH getting poy over Beasley was a laughably bad decision. An absolute joke.

Reaction Score
That’s my bad then. I could tell you that the Big East without us was a mid major, but instead I’ll just apologize for my mistake. Still don’t think he’s near the level of best 4 in a 22 year period, but sorry to have confused the situation
He scored 3150 points in his career with over 1000 rebounds and his shooting numbers were incredible

Career 55% FG, 45.8% 3pt, 83.1% FT
TS% 65.2
eFG% 61.6

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22