2025 Updated Recruiting Targets | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2025 Updated Recruiting Targets

awy

Reaction Score
it's still early in the NIL process so a lot of wild expectations and people being aggressive for fear of losing out etc. gotta hold onto your own standards to establish rules against a larger social norm. it'll get easier as they win more and more though.

Reaction Score
Another top 2025 name enters the mix.

UConn: “I told you earlier I like winning. I hate losing so much. So the act they’ve won two national titles back to back, they’re aiming for a the third in a row. I mean that just, to me, speaks volumes about their program. The fact that they’re able to keep players, even if they’re not playing the most. They still brought them on the team trying to win. And like I said they develop pros and win championships, that sounds like the best of both worlds to me.”

Reaction Score

UConn: “I told you earlier I like winning. I hate losing so much. So the act they’ve won two national titles back to back, they’re aiming for a the third in a row. I mean that just, to me, speaks volumes about their program. The fact that they’re able to keep players, even if they’re not playing the most. They still brought them on the team trying to win. And like I said they develop pros and win championships, that sounds like the best of both worlds to me.”
I love those power forwards so much

Reaction Score
IMG_1305.jpeg

Reaction Score
AND the dude jams on the clarinet. He could lead the team onto the court

"A hidden talent of Williams-Adams is that he can play the Clarinet.

“I had to quit because I couldn’t make any of the band concerts and stuff like that, but yea I was really talented at that back in the day,” he said."

Reaction Score

He's on Hudson Greer's AAU team JL3 at Peach Jam, so Dan watched him at the same time. Had a nice game today in an upset win over previously unbeaten in their pool Drive Nation.

We've definitely reached "borderline 5*s reaching out to us en masse" stage of recruiting hype.

Reaction Score
The 6-foot-7 wing out of Expressions Elite AAU has been one of the fastest risers this spring, and has been rewarded with a blue-blood offer from Kansas on July 18 and interest from UConn.

UConn: “Coach [Dan] Hurley has a great résumé and is a winning coach. They really know how to win over there, the play style is really good and they produce pros."

No offer so hard to tell if there is real interest.

Reaction Score
UCONN: “Coach Dan Hurley texts me a lot, even before they offered me. They think I would be a good fit with how they used Donovan Clingan. I’m already good with my skill set but they want to keep putting weight on me and improve my perimeter defense. I watched them a lot through the last two years. How they train and recruit players is very unique. They only take the best that fit what they do, they don’t just throw out offers. Being able to receive one of those offers is showing my work is paying off.”

Reaction Score
Is anyone else fascinated how articulately aware now these recruits are of UConn’s nuanced recruiting approach and philosophy in terms of the “UConn Guy” and culture and what not ? I feel like so many times in these interview blurbs of other schools, their responses are so generic it could be about any freaking school in the country. But when I see how they perceive and describe UConn, you could hide the name and I’d still know that’s who they were talking about. Really really stop being blown away about the brand and culture this man Hurley has built.

Reaction Score
uconn is the best destination for AJ development wise because as a wing creator at the next level learning how to operate within a complex offense is immensely valuable. he can create the advantage, and turning that advantage into the most team level production is an elite level swing skill that can be developed in the uconn offense. players need to understand that they don't develop from touches, but from being challenged and learning new stuff. there's no program that does this better than uconn.

but it's whatever. from a roster / resource management standpoint they don't need him. nate ament is basically going to give you the same thing given some more physical development, is a better shooter, and actually better defender with said physical development.
I'd love us to land AJ Dybantsa. He's an exciting player who reminds me a lot of the Greek Freak. It's amazing how much ground he covers in just a couple of steps when he drives the lane. With that said, he can go to any program he wants and still be the number one pick in the draft 2 years from now. The NBA is more about putting the ball in the most talented players' hands and letting them create. That's what he does best. Complex offenses in the the NBA? Hum...few run complex sets. Most just triy to generate favorable matchups and exploit them.

Would he develop other parts of his game, such as improving his defense, if he came to UConn? I'm sure he would. Does he really need to come here? I don't think so. It'd be fun if he did. He probably would have to defer more than he would like, so I don't think he is an ideal fit. Maybe winning is more important, and he would consider being coached by Danny and his staff.

Reaction Score
UCONN: “Coach Dan Hurley texts me a lot, even before they offered me. They think I would be a good fit with how they used Donovan Clingan. I’m already good with my skill set but they want to keep putting weight on me and improve my perimeter defense. I watched them a lot through the last two years. How they train and recruit players is very unique. They only take the best that fit what they do, they don’t just throw out offers. Being able to receive one of those offers is showing my work is paying off.”

This shows UConn's basketball program to be at a level that is a premium, gold-level, and high-end elite. These recruits are feeling validation from getting an offer from UConn and they consider it a badge of honor, dare I say much more then getting offers from other programs.

awy

Reaction Score
I'd love us to land AJ Dybantsa. He's an exciting player who reminds me a lot of the Greek Freak. It's amazing how much ground he covers in just a couple of steps when he drives the lane. With that said, he can go to any program he wants and still be the number one pick in the draft 2 years from now. The NBA is more about putting the ball in the most talented players' hands and letting them create. That's what he does best. Complex offenses in the the NBA? Hum...few run complex sets. Most just triy to generate favorable matchups and exploit them.

Would he develop other parts of his game, such as improving his defense, if he came to UConn? I'm sure he would. Does he really need to come here? I don't think so. It'd be fun if he did. He probably would have to defer more than he would like, so I don't think he is an ideal fit. Maybe winning is more important, and he would consider being coached by Danny and his staff.
he doesn't need to go to college to get drafted 1-1 or have a long career in the NBA, but it's more relevant if he wants to be a superstar. the basic issue with him is pretty bad defensive consistency / impact and game feel related decisionmaking. both things uconn can help him grow a lot in. just a matter of how good he wants to be.

Reaction Score

We're not going to land him because, as reported and confirmed, we aren't recruiting him and have no interest in even beginning to meet the $3-$5million required starting offer he is seeking. Enjoy watching him play and speculating about college & nba impact, but no point in hoping and speculating about whether he fits or not at UConn. Pull the bandaid now and route for the guys we are trying to get.

Reaction Score

This is a clip of Chris Cenac playing in high school with Newman high in LA. At the 23 sec mark of this clip his opponent #33 has a full beard and looks like he has been in high school for years.

Reaction Score
We're not going to land him because, as reported and confirmed, we aren't recruiting him and have no interest in even beginning to meet the $3-$5million required starting offer he is seeking. Enjoy watching him play and speculating about college & nba impact, but no point in hoping and speculating about whether he fits or not at UConn. Pull the bandaid now and route for the guys we are trying to get.
I agree, that if are the deciding factor, there's no chance he'll land in Storrs. But even if NIL was not a factor, I think he will look for an opportunity where they'll allow him more freedom to do whatever he wants on the court.

FWIW, loving to have him come here doesn't mean that I have any hope that he would land here or spending much if any mental or emotional energy around him. We have an amazing collection of talented recruits where the interest seems mutual. I just hope that Hurley and his staff are able to land their highest priority targets.

College basketball has turned into an entity that has unrestricted free agency with both new and returning players. We as fans are very fortunate that our program has distinguished itself from all of the other ones, and has the capability of attracting excellent talent without having to get into a bidders war as long as there are recruits that have a bigger picture than getting the highest NIL. I know our NIL is competitive and enough to build a pool of talented recruits that fit our system. Let's see what happens over the next few months.

Reaction Score
So the last time you watched the NBA was the 2006 finals?
Ha ha. I'm a C's fan and watch plenty of NBA games. There are some teams that run solid stuff, few that run as much action that we saw at UConn this past season. The NBA season is grueling and long and I see a lot of pick & roll, drive & kickout and spacing kind of offenses.

Reaction Score
The 6-foot-7 wing out of Expressions Elite AAU has been one of the fastest risers this spring, and has been rewarded with a blue-blood offer from Kansas on July 18 and interest from UConn.

UConn: “Coach [Dan] Hurley has a great résumé and is a winning coach. They really know how to win over there, the play style is really good and they produce pros."

No offer so hard to tell if there is real interest.

Hurley and staff know exactly what we need but I like Jemison, he's a better version of Tyler Betsey.

Reaction Score

Young Mr. Williams-Adams SCREAMS UConn and Dan Hurley. This is as good a quote as I have seen from any recruit this year.

Splice this quote into a video right in front of the clip of Dan Hurley talking about Adama, Jordan, Andre, and of course THE WRENCH running everywhere and you may just have the most manly 30-second video from college basketball of all of 2024.

I want this kid on our team... mark my words, he is going to be part of a championship team. Him, Thomas, Reibe and one more guard/wing (Mullins/Lewis) would rank up with our best recruiting classes of all time.

Oh... and I am SO ready for October and November to get here!

Reaction Score
I’m not so sure on Dysbantsa not coming this way- dad is heavily involved, and I mean heavily. He’s a guarded kid. Dad is a cop at BU, and apparently they’re saying that he will make his decision in Feb, as it’s black history month. I sense a proud, disciplined dad and local to UConn. Ding ding.

His recruitment has barely started, because he’s that good and doesn’t have to rush it. It will happen in the fall. If he’s truly bag chasing it won’t be us, but if he wants a year of real development and a chance to win, and for his dad to come to all games, he may. He’s a top 1-2 pick, and will see an NBA payday soon enough. If I’m a smart dad I send him to a place that gives him the best opportunity to develop.

Oddly BYU is in the mix.

Reaction Score
I’m not so sure on Dysbantsa not coming this way- dad is heavily involved, and I mean heavily. He’s a guarded kid. Dad is a cop at BU, and apparently they’re saying that he will make his decision in Feb, as it’s black history month. I sense a proud, disciplined dad and local to UConn. Ding ding.

His recruitment has barely started, because he’s that good and doesn’t have to rush it. It will happen in the fall. If he’s truly bag chasing it won’t be us, but if he wants a year of real development and a chance to win, and for his dad to come to all games, he may. He’s a top 1-2 pick, and will see an NBA payday soon enough. If I’m a smart dad I send him to a place that gives him the best opportunity to develop.

Oddly BYU is in the mix.
Byu has huge NIL money and a coach going after top talent. They will probably land the #1 recruit in the class

Reaction Score

Oddly BYU is in the mix.
Things could always change, but he won't be coming to UConn because he doesn't like UConn. It's because UConn isn't recruiting him. We don't know exactly why. Could be the dad. Could be he's asking for too much NIL. Could be a bunch of other reasons. But it's clear UConn isn't recruiting him at this point.

Reactions: awy

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom