2025 Updated Recruiting Targets | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2025 Updated Recruiting Targets

awy

Reaction Score
it's still early in the NIL process so a lot of wild expectations and people being aggressive for fear of losing out etc. gotta hold onto your own standards to establish rules against a larger social norm. it'll get easier as they win more and more though.

Reaction Score
Another top 2025 name enters the mix.

UConn: “I told you earlier I like winning. I hate losing so much. So the act they’ve won two national titles back to back, they’re aiming for a the third in a row. I mean that just, to me, speaks volumes about their program. The fact that they’re able to keep players, even if they’re not playing the most. They still brought them on the team trying to win. And like I said they develop pros and win championships, that sounds like the best of both worlds to me.”

Reaction Score

UConn: “I told you earlier I like winning. I hate losing so much. So the act they’ve won two national titles back to back, they’re aiming for a the third in a row. I mean that just, to me, speaks volumes about their program. The fact that they’re able to keep players, even if they’re not playing the most. They still brought them on the team trying to win. And like I said they develop pros and win championships, that sounds like the best of both worlds to me.”
I love those power forwards so much

Reaction Score
IMG_1305.jpeg

Reaction Score
wtf this guy sounds awesome. can do everything, big STOCKS numbers, just need to improve shooting.
Got to think Danny’s MO is make offers to the right 5 star, try to land one maybe two, then focus on the highest upside/character 4 stars to fill out the class. This guy seems to fit that bill.

Reaction Score
AND the dude jams on the clarinet. He could lead the team onto the court

"A hidden talent of Williams-Adams is that he can play the Clarinet.

“I had to quit because I couldn’t make any of the band concerts and stuff like that, but yea I was really talented at that back in the day,” he said."

Reaction Score

He's on Hudson Greer's AAU team JL3 at Peach Jam, so Dan watched him at the same time. Had a nice game today in an upset win over previously unbeaten in their pool Drive Nation.

We've definitely reached "borderline 5*s reaching out to us en masse" stage of recruiting hype.

Reaction Score
The 6-foot-7 wing out of Expressions Elite AAU has been one of the fastest risers this spring, and has been rewarded with a blue-blood offer from Kansas on July 18 and interest from UConn.

UConn: “Coach [Dan] Hurley has a great résumé and is a winning coach. They really know how to win over there, the play style is really good and they produce pros."

No offer so hard to tell if there is real interest.

Reaction Score
UCONN: “Coach Dan Hurley texts me a lot, even before they offered me. They think I would be a good fit with how they used Donovan Clingan. I’m already good with my skill set but they want to keep putting weight on me and improve my perimeter defense. I watched them a lot through the last two years. How they train and recruit players is very unique. They only take the best that fit what they do, they don’t just throw out offers. Being able to receive one of those offers is showing my work is paying off.”

Reaction Score
Is anyone else fascinated how articulately aware now these recruits are of UConn’s nuanced recruiting approach and philosophy in terms of the “UConn Guy” and culture and what not ? I feel like so many times in these interview blurbs of other schools, their responses are so generic it could be about any freaking school in the country. But when I see how they perceive and describe UConn, you could hide the name and I’d still know that’s who they were talking about. Really really stop being blown away about the brand and culture this man Hurley has built.

Reaction Score
uconn is the best destination for AJ development wise because as a wing creator at the next level learning how to operate within a complex offense is immensely valuable. he can create the advantage, and turning that advantage into the most team level production is an elite level swing skill that can be developed in the uconn offense. players need to understand that they don't develop from touches, but from being challenged and learning new stuff. there's no program that does this better than uconn.

but it's whatever. from a roster / resource management standpoint they don't need him. nate ament is basically going to give you the same thing given some more physical development, is a better shooter, and actually better defender with said physical development.
I'd love us to land AJ Dybantsa. He's an exciting player who reminds me a lot of the Greek Freak. It's amazing how much ground he covers in just a couple of steps when he drives the lane. With that said, he can go to any program he wants and still be the number one pick in the draft 2 years from now. The NBA is more about putting the ball in the most talented players' hands and letting them create. That's what he does best. Complex offenses in the the NBA? Hum...few run complex sets. Most just triy to generate favorable matchups and exploit them.

Would he develop other parts of his game, such as improving his defense, if he came to UConn? I'm sure he would. Does he really need to come here? I don't think so. It'd be fun if he did. He probably would have to defer more than he would like, so I don't think he is an ideal fit. Maybe winning is more important, and he would consider being coached by Danny and his staff.

Reaction Score
UCONN: “Coach Dan Hurley texts me a lot, even before they offered me. They think I would be a good fit with how they used Donovan Clingan. I’m already good with my skill set but they want to keep putting weight on me and improve my perimeter defense. I watched them a lot through the last two years. How they train and recruit players is very unique. They only take the best that fit what they do, they don’t just throw out offers. Being able to receive one of those offers is showing my work is paying off.”

This shows UConn's basketball program to be at a level that is a premium, gold-level, and high-end elite. These recruits are feeling validation from getting an offer from UConn and they consider it a badge of honor, dare I say much more then getting offers from other programs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom