2025 Updated Recruiting Targets | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2025 Updated Recruiting Targets

Reaction Score
UCONN: “Coach Dan Hurley texts me a lot, even before they offered me. They think I would be a good fit with how they used Donovan Clingan. I’m already good with my skill set but they want to keep putting weight on me and improve my perimeter defense. I watched them a lot through the last two years. How they train and recruit players is very unique. They only take the best that fit what they do, they don’t just throw out offers. Being able to receive one of those offers is showing my work is paying off.”

We've arrived! Hurley doesn't recruit you, you have to apply to get accepted.

Reaction Score
We've arrived! Hurley doesn't recruit you, you have to apply to get accepted.
Totally agree and I think the staff has reached the point of knowing you can recruit transfers that have a year or two or three of college play under their belt (i.e. future performance much more predictable) and so therefore they aren't going to spend a lot of time on high schoolers that aren't a perfect match for the program (be it on and or off the court). So, skinnying down the high school list makes sense and by doing so they can focus on transfers, player development (whether high schoolers or transfers), and scheming the offense and defense.

Reaction Score
Dynasty building is an ongoing and
never ending process.....Don't get COMFY!!!!
I am just settling in. Building and recruiting a dynasty might be a lot of work for the UConn coaches, but it is a piece of cake from my couch when UConn is coming off back-to-back championships, has a loaded roster the next two years, and the UConn stock is reaching new heights in the eyes of top recruits.

The biggest "problem" right now is convincing the high 4-stars (Lewis and Mullin types) to come in and play off the bench. I suspect after watching the ten-plus man rotation next year that this "problem" will also go away for the next batch. If you can play, you will, and you will look good doing it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom