2024 WNBA Season: Part 2 (August ---) | Page 29 | The Boneyard

2024 WNBA Season: Part 2 (August ---)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I don't know if it would be a "Cakewalk" if Minnesota face the Mercury in the playoffs. I think Phoenix has a lot of heart and would make things interesting in a playoff series.
I would say Phoenix has plenty of talent, but not sure about the heart. I guess they could be scary in the playoffs. I could kind of see them playing a spoiler...but I could also see them getting swept in the 1st Round.

Reaction Score
Is practice overrated? Was Allen Iverson correct this whole time? I just watched the Sky/Sparks game and Chennedy Carter played 30 plus minutes after dealing with whatever landed her in the hospital and it was like she didn't miss a beat! I don't know when she was cleared to practice/play but to go 15/9/7 and no turnovers is pretty darn impressive after missing a few games.

Reaction Score
I would say Phoenix has plenty of talent, but not sure about the heart. I guess they could be scary in the playoffs. I could kind of see them playing a spoiler...but I could also see them getting swept in the 1st Round.
They're showing their colors as the Storm running them out of the gym. Every element of the game is lacking for the Mercury. I'm not sure how they recapture any of their pre Olympic break mojo. This would be the third humiliation.

I'm sure the million dollar coach is thinking no mas, no mas.

Reaction Score
I don't know if it would be a "Cakewalk" if Minnesota face the Mercury in the playoffs. I think Phoenix has a lot of heart and would make things interesting in a playoff series.
I do.... and so does Skyler, Noelle, and anyone else who is watching the disintegration of the team.

At the end of the third quarter two terms come to mind when thinking about the million dollar coach's "team" - pathetic and insulting

Reaction Score
I guess don't see it, especially since Minnesota has

I think we agree that Phoenix has underachieved relative to their personnel, though. But they're not a team that you want to face in the first round. Ideally, you'd want Chicago (substandard guard play and questionable coaching decisions), Atlanta (poorly coached and undisciplined), or Washington (not talented and horrible coaching). Those teams aren't filled to the brim with future HOFers.
Hummmmmmm

Trailing by 21 early in the 4th quarter Phoenix looks like a team anyone would like to face in the playoffs

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
They're showing their colors as the Storm running them out of the gym. Every element of the game is lacking for the Mercury. I'm not sure how they recapture any of their pre Olympic break mojo. This would be the third humiliation.

I'm sure the million dollar coach is thinking no mas, no mas.
Yeah...what was I saying about not having a lot of heart?

Reaction Score
2024 WNBA eFG% vs FGA.jpg

Reaction Score
I do.... and so does Skyler, Noelle, and anyone else who is watching the disintegration of the team.

At the end of the third quarter two terms come to mind when thinking about the million dollar coach's "team" - pathetic and insulting
Yeah after watching that game last night (Seattle/Phoenix). If Minnesota plays Phoenix in the playoffs, it WILL be a Cakewalk. Holy crap! Any team that plays Phoenix in the playoffs, it is going to be a cakewalk. Phoenix threw in the towel? Wow.

Reaction Score
Here's the ESPN article on Reese's injury and now-abbreviated season. Hope she heals well...

Hate to see the season end that way for Angel. She was putting in that work and joy to watch. Hoping for a speedy & safe recovery.

Reaction Score
Here's the ESPN article on Reese's injury and now-abbreviated season. Hope she heals well...

Hate to see the season end that way for Angel. She was putting in that work and joy to watch. Hoping for a speedy & safe recovery.

Agreed. She accomplished a lot as a rookie. Maybe her style of play isn't pretty and doesn't work for some, but she got the job done. She also helped to bring some excitement back to a Chicago Sky team after a frustrating season of confusion last year.

Reaction Score
With Angel’s injury, can A’ja Wilson attain:

(1) the most total rebounds in one season ;

(2) the most rebounds in one seaso; and

(3) the most combined rebounds/points in one season?

Angel will stilll have the highest average rebounds per game in a season if A’Ja surpasses her total rebounds per season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Agreed. She accomplished a lot as a rookie. Maybe her style of play isn't pretty and doesn't work for some, but she got the job done. She also helped to bring some excitement back to a Chicago Sky team after a frustrating season of confusion last year.
Totally agree on everything you said.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Well. Wilson
With Angel’s injury, can A’ja Wilson attain:

(1) the most total rebounds in one season ;

(2) the most rebounds in one seaso; and

(3) the most combined rebounds/points in one season?

Angel will stilll have the highest average rebounds per game in a season if A’Ja surpasses her total rebounds per season.
Welp. A'ja out today with a lower leg injury. Presumably the ankle she hurt on Friday. I was encouraged that she walked back out to take her free throws, and hopefully it's just a sprain and she'll be back for the post season. But I'm guessing she won't be passing Reese after all... :(

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Oh my goodness. Liberty gonna destroy the Aces. Guessing we'll see a lot of 4 guard lineups today. I don't think Egbo has played at all since they acquired her, maybe she'll see a little action in this game.

WBBTakeover

10/18/2023
Reaction Score
Hummmmmmm

Trailing by 21 early in the 4th quarter Phoenix looks like a team anyone would like to face in the playoffs
I think teams would still rather take their chances with a talent-bereft Washington team led by a 31-year-old rookie PG who sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom