2024 WNBA Season: Part 2 (August ---) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2024 WNBA Season: Part 2 (August ---)

Reaction Score
Seattle might let Vivians go and pick up Gabby. But the Storm already have Sami Whitcomb. I don't see Seattle adding Gabby.

I think Phoenix might be good for Gabby.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Seattle might let Vivians go and pick up Gabby. But the Storm already have Sami Whitcomb. I don't see Seattle adding Gabby.

I think Phoenix might be good for Gabby.
Kevin Pelton of ESPN has thought up a trade between Seattle and LA with G. Williams/V. Vivians in mind:

Seattle Storm get: Forward Azura Stevens
Los Angeles Sparks get: Forward Victoria Vivians, center Mercedes Russell, 2025 first-round pick

Here's a link to the article, which has (much) more detail on that proposed trade and four possible others, which include some other Husky alums (KLS, LLS).

Reaction Score
Kevin Pelton of ESPN has thought up a trade between Seattle and LA with G. Williams/V. Vivians in mind:

Los Angeles Sparks get: Forward Victoria Vivians, center Mercedes Russell, 2025 first-round pick

Here's a link to the article, which has (much) more detail on that proposed trade and four possible others, which include some other Husky alums (KLS, LLS).

There are some interesting trade ideas.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Azura is not the inside player that Mercedes is, but she's probably a better player overall. If Seattle adds Azura and Gabby, they will have an excellent roster.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

I'd like to see Lou II land someplace where she gets playing time. Who needs outside shooting?

Reaction Score
I'd imagine Nika would get cut to make space for Gabby. And Sue IS a part owner for Seattle so still involved with the team. I do think Seattle is the most likely landing spot for miss Wiliams but the place where I would be most uninterested in seeing her land.
Actually New York gives her a good chance to play a lot, and she would be the starting point guard next year.
Plus at this stage of her career, Sloot probably wants a championship more then starting the rest of the year.
Seattle has Skylar and Loyd, both have the ball a lot.

Reaction Score
Actually New York gives her a good chance to play a lot, and she would be the starting point guard next year.
Plus at this stage of her career, Sloot probably wants a championship more then starting the rest of the year.
Seattle has Skylar and Loyd, both have the ball a lot.
Nika is not at a level where she could start in the WNBA or play significant minutes for a title contending team. Still many years away from that in my opinion, if it happens at all.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

Update. Billings was also released.

@MilfordHusky

Going back to the Kevin Pelton ESPN proposed trade articles, it addresses what Dallas does when all their injured players come back and trying to keep Odyssey Sims, who has really helped. Plus it addresses trying to get Lou Lopez Senechal some court time. Here's his suggestion.

Los Angeles Sparks get: Forward Lou Lopez Senechal, 2026 second-round pick
Dallas Wings get: 2026 third-round pick.

So, will Dallas GM work the phones to free up some space for Sims? Or will this be a case of yo-yoing Odyssey once again? Stay tuned for Mr. Bibb's next move.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcs1228

Top Bottom