2024 WNBA Season: Part 2 (August ---) | Page 13 | The Boneyard

2024 WNBA Season: Part 2 (August ---)

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Collier with another monster night. If Vegas keeps faltering she has a real shot at MVP. On paper Minnesota has no business being as good as they’ve been.

Indiana fought hard but their inability to slow down Napheesa and perimeter players cost them. Dantas taking (and missing) a barrage of perimeter shots didn’t help either.

Fagbenle returned tonight and looked solid, though not as impactful as she was earlier in the year. Very few Nalyssa Smith minutes. Clark with her typical great night, too many TOs though (7). Mitchell was fantastic, Hull was once again terrific coming off the bench.

Reaction Score
Collier with another monster night. If Vegas keeps faltering she has a real shot at MVP. On paper Minnesota has no business being as good as they’ve been.

Indiana fought hard but their inability to slow down Napheesa and perimeter players cost them. Dantas taking (and missing) a barrage of perimeter shots didn’t help either.

Fagbenle returned tonight and looked solid, though not as impactful as she was earlier in the year. Very few Nalyssa Smith minutes. Clark with her typical great night, too many TOs though (7). Mitchell was fantastic, Hull was once again terrific coming off the bench.
Smith's defense on Collier during the first quarter was the reason she was benched for the rest of the game. Collier is good, don't get me wrong, but Smith gave her zero resistance and allowed Collier to have wide-open shots.

Reaction Score
Hearing the crowd shouting "MVP" for Phee gave me goosebumps. She is definitely making a strong case for herself. Great win for the Lynx! Great crowd for the Maya Moore jersey ceremony.
"MVP" or "MV-Phee" as some posters like to say? ;)

Reaction Score

Perimeter shooting was the difference. Minny made 'em, Indy missed 'em, especially Dantas and Mitchell with a combined 2 of 15 from three.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I believe this is the first year of Fiebech's rookie contract so New York have her through 2028.
Thanks. Spotrac confirms that: Liberty (smartly) exercised the option for 2027 and she's a RFA in 2028. Based on what I've/we've seen so far, that's superb: getting her in her prime on a rookie contracts.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Looked to me like no one played much defense on her.
On many shots, I agree. On a few occasions, I said to myself "that's too good": Dantas was in her grill on a mid-range and 'Phee did that spin move and fadeaway on Hull from the elbow. She's really gotten that stroke down. When she and K-Mac have it going, Minnesota is very, very effective.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'd suggest you watch her play more closely.
I watched pretty closely her 14 minutes yesterday. She was 0-4 the field missing two wide open threes and a bunny from CC on a tremendous pass.

Both Dantes and Fagbenle were much more productive, efficient, and confident on defense which really isn't saying much.

I know Carlton was delighted to see KLS on the floor.

KLS is 70th in scoring trailing Rae Burrell, Jay Shelton (I know...guards), Alicia Clark, Dorka Juhasz, Kayla Thornton, Kalami Brown....

KLS is 24th in 3P% (her sis is 12th)

She's 75th in made FG

Her roster spot must be due to a tangible. I will note her minutes on the floor decreased significantly as it becomes evident that she's a net negative when on the floor.

Reaction Score
Smith's defense on Collier during the first quarter was the reason she was benched for the rest of the game. Collier is good, don't get me wrong, but Smith gave her zero resistance and allowed Collier to have wide-open shots.
Absolutely..... But then again Indiana does not play defense. Both due to roster construction and I think the investment in energy on offense.

Mitchell who's having a tremendous scoring season has never been known for her defense. Giving up 90 points is pretty much on average for the Fever as they are slightly behind Dallas giving up 87 points per game, including twice giving up more than a hundred once ironically enough to Dallas. The Liberty really light up the Fever.

Reaction Score
Perimeter shooting was the difference. Minny made 'em, Indy missed 'em, especially Dantas and Mitchell with a combined 2 of 15 from three.
I'd say defense was the difference.

Reaction Score
Looked to me like no one played much defense on her.
Boston played some great defense on her. Collier was just so locked in that it didn't matter who was defending her. When Sides benched Smith and put Boston on Collier, she was denied the ball more often and rarely had a clean look. Collier had like half of her points in the first quarter and the other half over the remaining 3 quarters and that included the free throws from the intentional fouls in the last few minutes of the game.

Reaction Score
Hearing the crowd shouting "MVP" for Phee gave me goosebumps. She is definitely making a strong case for herself. Great win for the Lynx! Great crowd for the Maya Moore jersey ceremony.
A'ja is starting to cool off so it's definitely a possibility. The issue is that A'ja lapped everyone (going with a running analogy) prior to the Olympic break and it's going to take a historic effort for Phee to close the gap.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Weird competition between Wilson and Reese: who can grab the most rebounds while simultaneously missing the most shots. Wilson 7-27 18 reb, Reese 4-16 22 reb.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Aces might actually win a game when Young never got involved offensively at all and Wilson couldn't buy a bucket. Gray did some stat sheet stuffing, Gustafson w/ 13 in her first start, Plum started hitting shots after a slow start.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Wow. Aces blow a 13 point lead in 3 1/2 minutes. Carter with a pair of deep 3's to tie it up. Then Aces get a game winner w/ less than a second left?

Reaction Score
Great game for the Sky/Aces

I have lately been questioning some of the Sky's in game coaching by Spoon and rotation patters. I'm not sure what was going on defensively on that last play. I feel everyone saw it coming and they still messed it up

Reaction Score
Angel with three straight 20 rebound games is insanity. Might be one of the greatest rebounders of all time already and she's just a rookie.

She has to improve her efficiency so badly. Thats such a problem but you can't deny her ability to rebound and defend at a high level has been of such a value for Chicago.

I feel like I've seen improvement with her footwork and she is showing subtle flashes of her true potential but she has to stop missing so many bunnies IMO. But she clearly plays hard every week, its not an effort issue.

I think she will see significant improvement with another full offseason but for the #7 pick she is ahead of the game right now. But she gotta lock in more on her finishing around the rim. Chicago gotta bring in some better guards this offseason or at least supplement the bench as well

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CajunHusk94

Top Bottom