2024-2025 Roster Breakdown.. Swipe | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2024-2025 Roster Breakdown.. Swipe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just a reminder............we won the Big East title without Aaliyah. We couldn't have won it without Nika. Nika did more than just play defense. She was the leader.
Just because we won a Big East title without Aaliyah doesn’t mean we couldn’t have won it if we didn’t have Nika (but had Aaliyah of course). Nika did more than just play defense but the things she did offensively could have been covered off by other players.

Reaction Score
Regardless of whether her lateral movement and defense were as strong as ever, I still think it was a a weak point for us last season and Aaliyah is a more significant loss on that side of the ball.

With Paige we are seemingly saying the same thing. Yes Uconn is better she she is aggressively shooting the ball but she shoots the ball most aggressively when it is in her hands. She's less aggressive off the ball. Hence my desire to put her on the ball. You say you want her to play point forward, but we will hopefully not need to play her as a forward this year, instead we can play her as a guard, in which case she will be a point guard.

I'm not sure where you got the idea that I prefer an offense with Kaitlyn going on on one and I certainly don't think Kaitlyn going one v one should be our primary offense, or even an option at all. I am simply saying she is a scorer more so than a distributer and we'd benefit from leaning into her skill set rather than having her do something she's not as great at. Especially when, as you said, our best play maker form last year (Paige) is still on the team. In fact, we would have won more games if the ball was in her hands more last season instead of a PG who wasn't as good at playmaking.

I never said anything about 1v1 play. I said we were sorely lacking players that could create their own shot, which isn't the same as 1v1. And I stand by that comment. Even if fully healthy we really one had Azzi and Paige with that ability (KK would be there imo if she could figure out how to finish consistently), and Azzi hasn't even consistently shown that ability in college. Kaitlyn is a creator and her scoring ability will take pressure off of Paige.

It IS strange though that you think two post players new to college basketball will be better at creating their own shots than a 5th year senior who has proven the ability to do it against the best teams in the country already. That I do not think will prove to be true. Jana and Sarah will both need someone to create the shots for them and I'd rather that be Paige than anyone else.
I agree on that side of the ball AE loss more significant but that shouldn't take away from Nika. IMO the biggest issue with this team is their youth inside.

What I don’t agree with is that you suggest Paige is less aggressive when moving without the ball if that is what you are saying. We sort of agree in a way about one-on-one play with Kaitlin in which it seems she is suited for that but with Paige she does both equally as well if not better as a scorer when moving without the ball.

And yes I want Paige to play point-forward this year because her and Azzi on the Wings with a guard that is more suited as a passer that can give the ball to Paige or Azzi (with Paige as the preferred) is better than Paige passing the ball to a less efficient shooting Wing that won’t pass the ball as well back to Paige or Azzi. Then when you add this to Sarah as the PF, the team passing is superior to having another Wing unless the Wing proves to be super-efficient.

And when you previously said the team was solely lacking creating their own shot, to me that is mostly one-on-one. If you are creating your own shot then what is it that you are creating if not one-on-one? Unless you are suggesting she moves well without the ball and thus that is “create your own shot?” And one-on-one wouldn’t be better for this team. And I do agree that Kaitlyn has been more of a scorer but imo why she is here – is to learn to play as more of a facilitator. She wasn’t that efficient as a scorer in the Ivy League so we certainly don’t want her pushing that as much as passing the ball to Paige, Azzi and even Sarah. So, if she can’t learn to be a very good passer, and she is not near as efficient as Paige and Azzi and either or Sarah or Jana, then she shouldn’t play much. UCONN shouldn’t strive to accommodate Kaitlin’s style. Katilin needs to accommodate into fitting into UCONN’s style. Taking shots away from Paige and Azzi while not being near as efficient as a scorer and can’t pass well, then maybe she isn’t going to play much. Though I doubt this is the case. Of course if her efficency rises that changes things a lot but the numbers seem to show her efficiency of shooting needs to be worked on.

And why do you think it strange about my comments about freshmen? Lets’ stay on Sarah. She was the #1 recruit. So are you saying right now you expect Kaitlin to be more efficient and score more points than Sarah? UCONN has two super perimeter players if healthy in which we have seen with our own eyes what Azzi did for a short window in which she smoked 4 very good teams. So, with the perimeter so prolifically proficient you believe Katlin is going to be more efficient than Sarah? Unless you think I’m saying that Sarah will be more efficient than Paige? If that is it- then nooo. :) I’m saying Sarah will more-than-likely be more efficient and score more than Kaitlyn (assuming no significant injuries).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I agree on that side of the ball AE loss more significant but that shouldn't take away from Nika. IMO the biggest issue with this team is their youth inside.
Agree that youth will be the biggest obstacle!
What I don’t agree with is that you suggest Paige is less aggressive when moving without the ball if that is what you are saying. We sort of agree in a way about one-on-one play with Kaitlin in which it seems she is suited for that but with Paige she does both equally as well if not better as a scorer when moving without the ball.

And yes I want Paige to play point-forward this year because her and Azzi on the Wings with a guard that is more suited as a passer that can give the ball to Paige or Azzi (with Paige as the preferred) is better than Paige passing the ball to a less efficient shooting Wing that won’t pass the ball as well back to Paige or Azzi. Then when you add this to Sarah as the PF, the team passing is superior to having another Wing unless the Wing proves to be super-efficient.
Paige does not play as well off the ball or as aggressively off the ball as she does on the ball. This seems to be the key point we disagree on. Paige has a tendency to disappear when play off the ball and defer to the primary ball hander when she needs to take charge.

And I think you are contradicting yourself here. You want her to play point forward, but also want her on the wing as a shooter with Azzi with someone else distributing. She's a great shooter and scorer but I think she's also the best passer on the team. I want her to do both this year, shoot the ball and pass the ball. Putting the ball in her hands will help us get the best shots from everyone including Paige herself.
And when you previously said the team was solely lacking creating their own shot, to me that is mostly one-on-one. If you are creating your own shot then what is it that you are creating if not one-on-one? Unless you are suggesting she moves well without the ball and thus that is “create your own shot?” And one-on-one wouldn’t be better for this team. And I do agree that Kaitlyn has been more of a scorer but imo why she is here – is to learn to play as more of a facilitator. She wasn’t that efficient as a scorer in the Ivy League so we certainly don’t want her pushing that as much as passing the ball to Paige, Azzi and even Sarah. So, if she can’t learn to be a very good passer, and she is not near as efficient as Paige and Azzi and either or Sarah or Jana, then she shouldn’t play much. UCONN shouldn’t strive to accommodate Kaitlin’s style. Katilin needs to accommodate into fitting into UCONN’s style. Taking shots away from Paige and Azzi while not being near as efficient as a scorer and can’t pass well, then maybe she isn’t going to play much. Though I doubt this is the case. Of course if her efficency rises that changes things a lot but the numbers seem to show her efficiency of shooting needs to be worked on.
Creating your own shot is not one on one. Its the ability to shoot off the dribble, drive to the lane, create space, read the defense and cut to space. All of which can be done within the flow of the offense without resorting to one on one iso ball. I don't think Geno brought her here to have her do something she isn't already great at, which is score. That goes against what Geno has always said about why he recruits kids. She's not going to take shots away from Paige and Azzi because they don't take enough shots to begin with. We need an aggressive guard with a scorers mentality, as its what we have been missing for years. Love Nika but her inability to create her own shot was a huge issue all season. We didn't bring Kaitlyn here to pass. Her efficiency will go up because she won't be the primary focus of the opposing team's defense imo and she's also going be an important piece defensively imo. Kaitlyn will play quite a bit imo and it won't be as a pass first PG. It will as more of a score first combo guard imo.

And why do you think it strange about my comments about freshmen? Lets’ stay on Sarah. She was the #1 recruit. So are you saying right now you expect Kaitlin to be more efficient and score more points than Sarah? UCONN has two super perimeter players if healthy in which we have seen with our own eyes what Azzi did for a short window in which she smoked 4 very good teams. So, with the perimeter so prolifically proficient you believe Katlin is going to be more efficient than Sarah? Unless you think I’m saying that Sarah will be more efficient than Paige? If that is it- then nooo. :) I’m saying Sarah will more-than-likely be more efficient and score more than Kaitlyn (assuming no significant injuries).
I do expect Kaitlin to be a better scorer than Sarah. She's a proven scorer at the D1 level, Sarah is a freshman. As good as she may one day be, she won't have the experience or skill set to contribute from day 1 as Kaitlyn. I'd guess their efficiency will be similiar? Maybe Sarah shoots a higher 3pt percentage but I expect similar scoring contributions from them. I think you may be significantly underestimating Kaitlyn. She looked like the best guard on the floor last season against UCLA, a team that had a backcourt of Kiki Rice, Charisma Osborne and Londyn Jones.

Reaction Score
Agree that youth will be the biggest obstacle!

Paige does not play as well off the ball or as aggressively off the ball as she does on the ball. This seems to be the key point we disagree on. Paige has a tendency to disappear when play off the ball and defer to the primary ball hander when she needs to take charge.
I believe the issue of Paige disappearing has been grossly exaggerated. It’s just that we haven’t won it all and because she isn’t a gunner that gets misconstrued as “disappearing.” UCONN plays in a motion offense in which multiple players touch the ball vs the one-player Iowa way which won’t win you many titles.

Not contradicting at all. As I first mentioned about point-forward I said Larry Bird was a point-forward. As a point forward he was also a shooter on the Wing (For example Parish and McHale on the inside with Bird on the Wing just as Paige would be on the Wing.). And as a point-forward we know from watching Paige last year and what we saw of Bird they do exactly as you are mentioning, they shoot and they pass. As a Point forward why do you imply the ball isn’t in Paige’s hands? Otherwise what is the point of your comment that you want the ball in her hands when the ball was in her hands a lot?

As far as “creating your own shot” - why would a player need to create space if no one is defending them? Why, would you take a dribble if you are open to shoot if no one is defending you? Unless you are suggesting that when a player is wide open they take 2 or 3 dribbles closer then take an open shot than that is your definition of “creating your own shot?” And if this is your definition then Azzi does that too. Geno brought Kaitlin here because she might do all the things at pg in which she might be better or near equal to KK. HE didn’t bring her here to take shots away from possible a POY in Paige and an all-American candidate such as Azzi. And when you suggested the team sorely needed someone to create their own shots, and Azzi and Paige are superior if I were to go by what your definition of what that means, then that is more than enough in which you have two All-Americans able to create for others. Esepcially when you have a gifted passer tat Sarah is projected be as a PF.

And when you say “we need a guard with a scorers mentally” imo that scoring mentality is a contradiction when you say Katlin wouldn’t be taking away shots from Paige and Azzi while you wat Paige to be the pg. If Paige is the pg and is to pass to Kaitlin who has that scorers mentality, then how is that not “taking away shots from Paige and Azzi?” While Katlin’s efficiency will go up, the question is by how much? If it’s not near the level of Paige and Azzi then why make such a point to have Paige to pass the ball to a less efficient scorer rather than vice-versa? You should want the more efficient scorers to take the most shots.

As far as Sarah vs Kaitlin we are opposites here too. IMO you are seriously underrating the impact of number 1 recruit OFC not all live up to it, but you did see the impact of Juju and the players from ND and Texas and the impact they had this past season. While their efficiency wasn’t very good I believe, but they had to be the number 1 option on their teams. So why wouldn’t you expect Sarah to be on their level in some manner? Especially that she wouldn’t be the #1 option for this UCONN team but possibly the 3rd in which Sarah will have greater spacing opportunities to score in the paint without being doubled.

Reaction Score
Thanks for teh back and forths. Have to go-- but would like others opines on this thread. Doesn't have to be the above dicussion.

Roster breakdown I see (but not limited to) Katlin and KK spltting partial pg, . with Azzi and Paige as Wings with Paige a PointFoward with Paige also sharing pg as the point-forward with KK and Kaitlin. With Ashlynn next as a 2/3. With heat fromAllie/Q.

With Sarah as the PF and different players as her backup which can include small ball from any numer of players - such as Morgan and Caroline - just too many to count.

And the primary centers of Ice and Jana.

Reaction Score
I truly don't know what to expect from Caroline. I feel like if she was healthy last year she would've eventually got on track after a slow start. I remember in pre season Geno openly asked if he should start her or Aubrey, and talked about her going nuts from 3 in a scrimmage. No pressure obviously and her health is the most important thing. Just from a basketball perspective, I remember the Ohio State game and seeing them look so much more athletic and physically stronger than her. I had thought of her as a potential W player after her freshman year so it was a bit concerning. But she was presumably in the best shape of her life last summer and heading into the season a year post hip surgery. It's just interesting how she fits. Sarah and Morgan are both freshman but they both are 6'2+ and can probably navigate the 3 or 4. Q is probably more of a 3. I actually think Caroline is best at the 3, but then u have somewhat of a logjam at that position

Reaction Score
I truly don't know what to expect from Caroline. I feel like if she was healthy last year she would've eventually got on track after a slow start. I remember in pre season Geno openly asked if he should start her or Aubrey, and talked about her going nuts from 3 in a scrimmage. No pressure obviously and her health is the most important thing. Just from a basketball perspective, I remember the Ohio State game and seeing them look so much more athletic and physically stronger than her. I had thought of her as a potential W player after her freshman year so it was a bit concerning. But she was presumably in the best shape of her life last summer and heading into the season a year post hip surgery. It's just interesting how she fits. Sarah and Morgan are both freshman but they both are 6'2+ and can probably navigate the 3 or 4. Q is probably more of a 3. I actually think Caroline is best at the 3, but then u have somewhat of a logjam at that position
Nobody knows what to expect from Caroline, but no news I'm hoping is good news. It was disappointing last season when Geno was giving a lot of pre-season hype in her direction, then to see only a very weak shell of her healthy self. It made me want to cry! However, your statement seems to lack a bit of knowledge and consideration of what she's been dealing with. "A year post hip-surgery" you say, what about all the head trauma??? Have you forgotten about that? She tried to give it a go last year, but just couldn't do it. She wasn't ready. I don't know where to lay the blame for that, but it wasn't Caroline doing the pre-season hyping. Regardless, that's no reason to penalize her going forward. If she's "ready" this season, I believe her talents and skills will find their way into the starting lineup. If she's ready, but can't win her position back, then hopefully she will still be an asset to the team any way she can. No disrespect intended.

Reaction Score
IMHO hoophuskee and GirlBoo1020 you are both making this much more difficult than it really is!
Remembering that HEALTH is the key!
Geno got Kaitlin to help facilitate the offense and add veteran leadership on defense. She will be Nika with a 12 PPG average!
Because of the "recovery from injuries" issue, I don't see Azzi, Aubrey, Caroline and maybe Ayanna ready for full speed play in November! Maybe Ayanna and Caroline will be full go around December 1st! With Azzi the middle of December and Aubrey January 1st to 15th!
So I see the following in November: (knowing Geno really doesn't have positions as they move constantly with everyone touching the ball)
Paige SG
Kaitlin PG
Jana C
Ashlynn W
Sarah SF
KK will be 1st G off the bench
Q will be W and SF
Ice will be 1st Big off the bench
Morgan and Allie as necessary
Ayanna (when ready) PF/C
Azzi (when ready) W or SG. She will start at W for Ashlynn!
and Aubrey (when ready) SF/PF
By February 1st UConn will be almost impossible to stop by any of our opponents as Paige, Azzi, Kaitlin, Aubrey, Ashlynn, KK, Sarah, Jana, Ice, Q, Morgan, Allie, Caroline and Ayanna will be a well oiled machine capable of scoring points from everywhere!
UConn has the potential to have 6 or 7 players averaging double figure scoring!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think this is true about Aaliyah, especially defensively we will miss her immensely.

With Nika though, I thought her defense this year was inconsistent. She definitely picked it up during the tourney but I actually think her perimeter 1v1 defense was a weak point for us for much of the season. The Texas game was a true disaster. I also think a lot of her PG responsibilities with go to Paige and Kaitlin, not KK. Hopefully mostly Paige, who I think would be an improvement over Nika at the PG position and allow Chen to be more of a scoring 2 guard, which I think might suit her game better as well.
Wow. Interesting take. I thought Nika's defense was consistent all season. That Texas game was a disaster for the whole team not just on Nika. As for the point guard responsibilities, that is always tough. I don't want to see Paige handling the rock 60%, 70%, or 80% of the time. We have KK and Kaitlyn and depending on which five is on the court, we have multiple handlers out there. We will see what develops in a few weeks. I can't wait!!

Reaction Score
Honestly I’m feeling confident with our team. I don’t really think we’re “undersized” like many believe, we brought in 6’2 Strong, who also happens to be an incredibly prolific rebounder, which is good considering we lost our best in Edwards.

We have Jana, who Geno and co. have all raved about. Was a standout in the short play time we saw from her FIBA experience.

In addition to them, our guards, like Ducharme and Samuels, are 6’1, and incoming Cheli is 6’2 with a variety of skills to go along with her build.

We’ve got some small guards like KK and Chen, but their speed and abilities make up for the height deficit. Chen may be small, but she dropped 20 on a much taller UCLA team. And of course, we have the best current college player in the nation, Paige Buckets.
There is no point counting on anyone because we never know who will be healthy and who will get injured. Geno may rave about El Alfa but she hasn't played a down, as they say. We are all hopeful and we all can dream. Here's hoping for the best.

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
Wow. Interesting take. I thought Nika's defense was consistent all season. That Texas game was a disaster for the whole team not just on Nika. As for the point guard responsibilities, that is always tough. I don't want to see Paige handling the rock 60%, 70%, or 80% of the time. We have KK and Kaitlyn and depending on which five is on the court, we have multiple handlers out there. We will see what develops in a few weeks. I can't wait!!
Ya, was enjoying this thread. Then the haters over the last four years regardless of a good point or opinion aren’t able to resist injecting their hatefulness. May not spend much more time on this thread that had such a great start.

Reaction Score
If I had my way, and as always assuming we have everyone back and 100% healthy, I want Paige as the point guard, Azzi and Caroline on the wings, Jana and Sarah inside.
I am so totally with you on this. Why assume anything else? It's not like constantly expressing anxieties on this score now will act like a talisman protecting the team.

Now to the business at hand: my idea of how this team will appear in November, and in January, and in March. It's just a guess and I'm just reading tea leaves, but this is what seems likely to me.

November
starting 5: Paige Jana Ice KK Ash (because this is who has the most experience in the system + Jana)
Rotation: Azzi and Caroline (as soon as they're fully ready, which may not be until December) Kaitlyn Sarah Ayanna Qadence Morgan Allie
Still rehabbing: Aubrey
I expect the rotation to get a lot of minutes initially, until the heavy OOC games come along. Once that happens, I suspect the rotation will shrink to Kaitlyn Sarah Qadence Ayanna.

January
Starting 5: Paige Jana Azzi Sarah KK
Rotation: Ice Caroline Ash Ayanna Kaitlyn Qadence Morgan Allie. At some point in January or February, Aubrey may return, which will ratchet up the competition for minutes. Also, if Kaitlyn is going to challenge KK for the starting PG spot, this is when that will happen. This could also be a volatile time for priority in the rotation because players will have had enough time to earn game minutes in practice.

March
Starting 5: Paige Jana Azzi Kaitlyn Sarah
Rotation: Ice Aubrey Caroline KK Ash Ayanna Qadence Morgan Allie. I suspect the main rotation minutes in March will go to the first three (Ice Aubrey and Caroline) just because the depth in the front court is thinner, but also because Sarah will end up covering some of the high-post/PG duties. What I mean is she'll end up initiating the half court offense from the high post the way Olivia used to, but given her perimeter shooting, she'll force opposing teams to cover her out there. Similarly, on defense she's demonstrated her high post defensive skills. This will take a lot of pressure off the guards to cover the top of the key and open the low post for Jana Ice and Caroline. I think Aubrey will often be the sub for Sarah.

I expect there will be a lot minutes to go around all season long because I doubt anyone other than Paige and Azzi will regularly get more than 20 minutes/game

Reaction Score
It's not just Texas, that was just the worst example. It was Notre Dame, it was UCLA, there were quite a few Big East games as well where her perimeter defense was an issue and to have Paige or KK switch on to her man. There were obviously also games where here defense was great, like @St Johns and one of the Villanova games. Hence the inconsistency issue for me.
I don't remember this happening at all the previous year. I blame it on some sort nagging quad/hamstring injury that held her back a bit this year.

Not trying to hate on Nika as I love her and believe she was an extremely important and valuable piece for us all four of her years and last year in particular. I just think due the skill sets we already have and the skill sets we have coming in, she won't be missed as much on the court as some people think. What we will miss the the most about her was her leadership on and off the court and I am confident in someone or someones on our roster to develop that for next season as we take on a new identity.

Reaction Score
I am so totally with you on this. Why assume anything else? It's not like constantly expressing anxieties on this score now will act like a talisman protecting the team.

Now to the business at hand: my idea of how this team will appear in November, and in January, and in March. It's just a guess and I'm just reading tea leaves, but this is what seems likely to me.

November
starting 5: Paige Jana Ice KK Ash (because this is who has the most experience in the system + Jana)
Rotation: Azzi and Caroline (as soon as they're fully ready, which may not be until December) Kaitlyn Sarah Ayanna Qadence Morgan Allie
Still rehabbing: Aubrey
I expect the rotation to get a lot of minutes initially, until the heavy OOC games come along. Once that happens, I suspect the rotation will shrink to Kaitlyn Sarah Qadence Ayanna.

January
Starting 5: Paige Jana Azzi Sarah KK
Rotation: Ice Caroline Ash Ayanna Kaitlyn Qadence Morgan Allie. At some point in January or February, Aubrey may return, which will ratchet up the competition for minutes. Also, if Kaitlyn is going to challenge KK for the starting PG spot, this is when that will happen. This could also be a volatile time for priority in the rotation because players will have had enough time to earn game minutes in practice.

March
Starting 5: Paige Jana Azzi Kaitlyn Sarah
Rotation: Ice Aubrey Caroline KK Ash Ayanna Qadence Morgan Allie. I suspect the main rotation minutes in March will go to the first three (Ice Aubrey and Caroline) just because the depth in the front court is thinner, but also because Sarah will end up covering some of the high-post/PG duties. What I mean is she'll end up initiating the half court offense from the high post the way Olivia used to, but given her perimeter shooting, she'll force opposing teams to cover her out there. Similarly, on defense she's demonstrated her high post defensive skills. This will take a lot of pressure off the guards to cover the top of the key and open the low post for Jana Ice and Caroline. I think Aubrey will often be the sub for Sarah.

I expect there will be a lot minutes to go around all season long because I doubt anyone other than Paige and Azzi will regularly get more than 20 minutes/game
I like and agree a lot of your rational but I don't see Geno changing the starting line up much once everyone is healthy. My guess is the startling line up once Azzi is healthy (Hopefully day 1) will be the starting line up the rest of the season. Paige, Azzi, Kaitlyn, Sarah, Jana. The only person i could see breaking into the starting line up is Ice for Sarah, depending on how Ice's off season goes and how quickly Sarah can acclimate to D1 basketball. I do think your rotations analysis is spot on except I think Morgan will get time over Q because she has a skill set build for UConn and Geno.

Reaction Score
As I read these posts I start to feel like I'm in a time machine where, each time I stop, I'm re-reading posts from the last time. This player is going to be great, this player should be starting, this player could carry us to a national title if she doesn't get injured again. This player should start but Geno likes this player a little better for some reason. We should win this many games but if we get hit by the injury bug again we can't. This is what I'm going to do. Wait till the season begins, look at who is in the starting line-up, and hope we have the team to compete with South Carolina, LSU and Louisville.

Reaction Score
My two cents; I think people (in general) are waaay underestimating Sarah! She is going to be a major stud for this team and, along with Paige, may well be the driving force for this team’s pursuit of a championship! Now, I know this roster is imo, the most talented one in years, maybe ever, but I believe Sarah is going to be way more like Paige, Stewie, and Dee than people think. She is going to be one of those #1s that truly lives up to the name! She will be the difference maker that allows us to finally get past the final four/finalist stage and break that door down for the championship! She is the real deal! Just imagine having last year’s team (minus AE and NM) plus all the injured being healthy, add K Chen & Allie & Morgan, and then throw in another freshman Paige! That, is the sort of impact I believe Sarah will bring to this team! Call me crazy but that’s how I see it! When I watch Sarah play, I see the same instinctive, born to play basketball qualities that Paige came in with!

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
Just because we won a Big East title without Aaliyah doesn’t mean we couldn’t have won it if we didn’t have Nika (but had Aaliyah of course). Nika did more than just play defense but the things she did offensively could have been covered off by other players.
how about her leadership? offense or defensive contributions are secondary to her leadership, i firmly believe. IT'S oft overlooked in most commentaries yea and nay.

Reaction Score
how about her leadership? offense or defensive contributions are secondary to her leadership, i firmly believe. IT'S oft overlooked in most commentaries yea and nay.
I have confidence that players on this roster can step to fill that void, namely Paige.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
I have confidence that players on this roster can step to fill that void, namely Paige.
of course. it's another priority ingredient paige provides, as she did last year. ... but i suspect she's the sole source. hope someone else will emerge, because it's needed and paige already is overloaded. she shall handle it -- but it's an immense burden. she may need some assistance, and surely would appreciate it.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Chen is the other one to likely emerge in a leadership role. Despite her newness to the program, she has played in 90 Division I games and is 22 or 23 years old. She will also be handling the ball a lot.

Nine of the other players will be in their first or second year of playing so it would be a lot to ask of any of them. KK would be the one most likely to emerge from that group as a leader.

The three other veterans - Fudd, Ducharme and Griffin - are coming off of injuries. They are all capable of leading by example with their outstanding play, but none of them strikes me as a vocal leader who would take charge in a team huddle.

Reaction Score
My guess is the startling line up once Azzi is healthy (Hopefully day 1) will be the starting line up the rest of the season.
It’s been so long since Geno’s been able to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HawleyArmou

Top Bottom