2023 WNBA Free Agency | Page 8 | The Boneyard

2023 WNBA Free Agency

Reaction Score
So do the Sun have interest and cap space to sign Kia Nurse to replace Courtney Williams?

In Kia's announcement, she said that her teammates in Phoenix "know what it is", presumably meaning her reason for leaving. If it has to do with a geography preference (which I can imagine), then the Sun might fit her desires.

It was said she was signing with Chicago. Then said it was an error. She didn’t sign with them.

Reaction Score
So do the Sun have interest and cap space to sign Kia Nurse to replace Courtney Williams?

In Kia's announcement, she said that her teammates in Phoenix "know what it is", presumably meaning her reason for leaving. If it has to do with a geography preference (which I can imagine), then the Sun might fit her desires.
I feel like you know what it is, is more of a colloquialism or slang. I read it as " you already know how I feel about you" or like "it doesn't really even need to be said". Atleast that's how I interpreted it when I read it.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
How did the Aces and Liberty afford to get these superstars? Some took a pay cut?
Good question. How are they doing it? Either someone(s) has deep pockets, or tax write offs have become more compelling.

Reaction Score
Good question. How are they doing it? Either someone(s) has deep pockets, or tax write offs have become more compelling.

It is said that Stewie take a paycut, but the owner Tsai is really wealthy bet there are another benefit beside salary to play in NY. And Puma want her in NY because Puma HQ is in NY and NY market is definitely better than Seattle

Reaction Score

This is a good question. With Nurse's work with TSN and some of her other business interests, the proximity of Connecticut would be very beneficial.

Reaction Score
How did the Aces and Liberty afford to get these superstars? Some took a pay cut?
When you find out let me know. Maybe they gave up all their draft picks for the next decade? lol

Reaction Score
I feel like you know what it is, is more of a colloquialism or slang. I read it as " you already know how I feel about you" or like "it doesn't really even need to be said". Atleast that's how I interpreted it when I read it.

This is what she meant by that post....

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
It is said that Stewie take a paycut, but the owner Tsai is really wealthy bet there are another benefit beside salary to play in NY. And Puma want her in NY because Puma HQ is in NY and NY market is definitely better than SeattleP
Pro equivalent of NIL: marketing opportunities. Besides Puma, I'm sure Stewie has/will have a number of other opportunities. And just think if they get to/win the title?

On other fronts, I'm utterly gobsmacked at the vacancy signs in Chicago and Seattle right now.

Reaction Score
I wonder if Emma Messeman is playing this year. I feel like she is the biggest domino left in free agency. If she signed with a team like Phoenix or back in Washington, that would make things a bit more competitive.

Reaction Score
I wonder if Emma Messeman is playing this year. I feel like she is the biggest domino left in free agency. If she signed with a team like Phoenix or back in Washington, that would make things a bit more competitive.

I think the popular thinking is that both Meesseman and Julie Allemand are not playing this year due to Eurobasket commitments with Belgium; however, that thinking could be way off.

Reaction Score
I think the popular thinking is that both Meesseman and Julie Allemand are not playing this year due to Eurobasket commitments with Belgium; however, that thinking could be way off.

This article makes it seem that Allemand is considering coming back, while Meeseman could likely sit out because of the new prioritization rule.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Lindsay Allen, Bridget Carleton To Return to Lynx

https://www./wnba/minnesota-lynx/br...allen-reportedly-returning-to-minnesota-lynx/

After being brought aboard late in the season, Allen got progressively more time and scored 20 points in the Lynx's last game.
She is now the only point guard on the Lynx roster. Room for one more?

Tiffany Mitchell is coming over from Indiana, but she's a shooting guard and allegedly will split time with Kayla McBride.

Reaction Score
That's 4 pieces to the puzzle. Loyd, Russell, Nurse, and Ezi. If they can add a few good players, they will be competitive.

Another thing I forgot is that Nurse has a good relationship with Quinn already. Quinn is an AC with the Canadian National team. She's had the opportunity to work with her for the last year and change already.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
That's 4 pieces to the puzzle. Loyd, Russell, Nurse, and Ezi. If they can add a few good players, they will be competitive.
Read that Isabelle Harrison has had talks with Seattle, which could add another big.

Dillon77

Reaction Score

Sami's been around. She's not going or signing anywhere without a guaranteed contract.
Well, there's now no Opals on the Liberty roster for Coach Brondello, but Sami's gone and joined Ezi, so there's two on the Storm, now, while "Spider" is now in Connecticut.

Reaction Score
So between LV and NY, which team do y’all think will be better? They’re far and away the top two teams in the league. I’d be shocked if they aren’t in the finals.

I’d probably give the edge to LV because they have fewer pieces to integrate (and Parker showed she can fit in with anybody with the Sky), but at the same time it feels insane to bet against the NY lineup. Jones/Ionescu/Sloot/Stewart, wow.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom