2023 Winter Non-UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 15 | The Boneyard

2023 Winter Non-UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Meet the 15 year old South Sudanese female basketballer Abuna Choi who is regarded as the tallest girl in Uganda , she’s currently under a hard training and still looking for an International Scholarship where she can execute her talent and also be able to continue with her studies

Her height amazes people, she’s said to be 6.9ft tall which is one of the tallest heights for a female athlete in the world

My only concern is that she has the right people guiding her with respect to scholarship and development opportunities. Some of these African basketball associations have come under fire for mismanagement amongst other things. It's unfortunate when there are a lot of talented kids who deserve the opportunity if they love the sport.

sun

Reaction Score
My only concern is that she has the right people guiding her with respect to scholarship and development opportunities. Some of these African basketball associations have come under fire for mismanagement amongst other things. It's unfortunate when there are a lot of talented kids who deserve the opportunity if they love the sport.
This video shows her participating in a NBA Academy program.
It was posted 3 years ago.
It spells her name as Abuna Chol Awur which brings up more search results.
She must be about 18 - 19 years old now & has a Facebook page.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Not to mention Michigan State fans owe Duke fans for dumping Joanne P. McCallie on us ...
A commitment from Randolph to Duke will help ease that debt.

I'd forgotten about that part. Yeah, a commitment from Randolph, and two large Detroit style pizzas with sausage, hamburger, pepperoni, mushrooms, onions, garlic, and mixed peppers (sent to my house).. That would be a start. .

That's an interesting interpretation of how she ended up at Duke. A little bit of a revisionist approach to history here I see. ;)

Hey now.

Reaction Score
This video shows her participating in a NBA Academy program.
It was posted 3 years ago.
It spells her name as Abuna Chol Awur which brings up more search results.
She must be about 18 - 19 years old now & has a Facebook page.

Appreciate the additional information. It's interesting how some information comes up as "new" only to discover it's outdated.

Reaction Score
I'd forgotten about that part. Yeah, a commitment from Randolph, and two large Detroit style pizzas with sausage, hamburger, pepperoni, mushrooms, onions, garlic, and mixed peppers (sent to my house).. That would be a start. .

Hey now.
A couple of gift cards to Little Caesar’s will probably have to suffice.

Pizza! Pizza!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
A couple of gift cards to Little Caesar’s will probably have to suffice.

Pizza! Pizza!

You probably are a youngster, but back in the day Little Caesars was a great chain. They would give you two pizzas, and didn't even put them in a box. Just laid them on a piece of cardboard and put a piece of paper on the top.

Reaction Score
You probably are a youngster, but back in the day Little Caesars was a great chain. They would give you two pizzas, and didn't even put them in a box. Just laid them on a piece of cardboard and put a piece of paper on the top.
Oh I very much remember those days. They had a great crust. I want to say a garlic and parmesan treatment to it (been so long I can’t totally recall). Also the Crazy Bread was terrific. It was more puffed out and crusty rather than the solid strip of breading it is now. As a kid my friends would quite often ride our bikes to a LC next to our housing complex and buy us some Crazy Bread and then grab us some Slurpees at the 7-11 across the street. Great days.

I’ve gone long otherwise I would talk about how great Domino’s Pizza was back then. Another case where they had a fantastic crust. Now, chain pizza sucks. Better to find a local pizza establishment.

Reaction Score
Oh I very much remember those days. They had a great crust. I want to say a garlic and parmesan treatment to it (been so long I can’t totally recall). Also the Crazy Bread was terrific. It was more puffed out and crusty rather than the solid strip of breading it is now. As a kid my friends would quite often ride our bikes to a LC next to our housing complex and buy us some Crazy Bread and then grab us some Slurpees at the 7-11 across the street. Great days.

I’ve gone long otherwise I would talk about how great Domino’s Pizza was back then. Another case where they had a fantastic crust. Now, chain pizza sucks. Better to find a local pizza establishment.
Ledo's is still pretty good.

Reaction Score
Right now Duke is short on bodies for next years projected roster, we need recruits in the worst way.
Yeah you do. I saw the official 23-24 roster lists only 5 players, one of whom is out for the season(de Jesus) but does not include their two incoming transfers nor their 4 incoming freshmen. So they'll actually have an acceptable 10 but unless one or more of their senior centers returns for another year next year the tallest players will be 2 incoming freshmen listed at 6'2". Of course there's always the portal lol. Then again, if Lawson continues to lose players to the portal, especially starters, um.........(I do have another post coming with some better news for the future.....perhaps)

Reaction Score
Right now Duke is short on bodies for next years projected roster, we need recruits in the worst way.
Y'all are at least making the list for quite a few nationally ranked prospected and obviously they will add from the portal when the time comes.

At least y'all have Fournier committed. Contrary, Some of us aren't making it into top recruits lists and will have to coast off transfers this year.:rolleyes:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
If they are 5-10 to 6-0, send them to UW. Can't have enough of them apparently.

edit--not sure where to put this, but speaking of UW apparently USC just poached their athletic director, Jen Cohen; a "Dawg for life"...until she wasn't

Last edited:

Matthew1589

Iowa Hawkeye Grad and Fan
Reaction Score
Good get for Iowa, figured it was a matter of time before she committed. At least two other '25 All Iowa Attack players have an Iowa offer in ESPN #34 Divine Bourrage (also Journey's HS teammate), and Jordan Spieser #17 ESPN.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Good get for Iowa, figured it was a matter of time before she committed. At least two other '25 All Iowa Attack players have an Iowa offer in ESPN #34 Divine Bourrage (also Journey's HS teammate), and Jordan Spieser #17 ESPN.
I love Spieser. She has a Vandy offer.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score

Season 1 Please GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics