2023 Winter Non-UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 13 | The Boneyard

2023 Winter Non-UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I don’t think so, looks like she visited both Carolinas, ND, Northwestern, Maryland, BC and some other smaller schools.
Interesting case. Goes to McDonogh School in Maryland and she posts a bunch about academics, which seem important. Along those lines, she's been offered by Ivy rivals Princeton and Columbia. Could see her there. Vandy has also offered.

I've had her on the ND recruiting report for quite some time. There is/was mutual interest: the Irish have routinely seen her play for the Philly Rise, a club Niele/Muffet, etc. have a long history with; and, ND draws students from McDonogh. The athletes were usually lax players, but Brittany Mallory played both hoops and lacrosse for the Irish. (but for Ume, that was ancient history).

ND, to the best of the Bench's collective knowledge, does not have a huge net of 2024 prospects: Ume, Philly Rise teammate Mikayla Blakes and Kate Koval. Ume is announcing Monday; Blakes has taken an unofficial to ND and Koval says she's visiting The Bend in September, so we'll see soon enough.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I don’t think so, looks like she visited both Carolinas, ND, Northwestern, Maryland, BC and some other smaller schools.
She also posted on instagram visits to Michigan, Princeton, and South Carolina.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

NCATFans_original.gif

I wonder if these two recruits would have come to Aggieland if we were still in the MEAC. Playing more mid atlantic schools in the CAA shifts our recruiting base a bit.

High-school teammate of Hannah Hidalgo; both of whom were coached by Hidalgo's father.

I hope she is good....Andrews that is.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Somebody getting a good one. Don’t think it’s UCONN so i moved the tweet to the general board.

Dillon77

Reaction Score

Stanford’s first 2024 commit

Congrats to @TheFarmFan !

I knew Ms. Ume was a crack academic student (4.0+) the last two years, in addition to being a very solid post prospect.
Never heard Stanford was that much in play, but was also mentioned with Ivies, Duke, NC, ND, Maryland, etc.
So, all power to Tara and co. for getting her to come to the Farm. (Now, you have to get her a league to play in by then ;) )

Dillon77

Reaction Score
On the surface, Notre Dame had a really tough weekend on the 2024 recruiting front. Three players who had Irish offers (at some point) decided the Irish were not going to part of their next half-a-decade:

• Kennedy Ume(h) decided to attend Stanford
  • Mikayla Blakes didn't list ND as a finalist
  • Taliyah Parker didn't list ND as a finalist.

With these developments in mind, ND's recruiting report for 2024 now has two known names left: Post Kate Koval (from Ukraine and Lutheran HS on Long Island) and forward Sarah Strong. These are two of the more sought-after bigs in the country, of course, so I'm not counting any chickens. Koval is supposed to come to ND for an OV in September and ??? is the word on Strong in relation to ND.

Coach Niele Ivey had a top recruiting class in 2023 with current freshman Hannah Hidalgo and Emma Risch, who arrived this summer; and, Cass Prosper, who enrolled during the season of 2022-23. That success has not parlayed into hits in 2024. While ND is well positioned at guard, the team could use size. This could explain why the Irish are making so many offers to member of 2025 and/or 2026.

So, guess we'll see if what September brings....

Reaction Score

I knew Ms. Ume was a crack academic student (4.0+) the last two years, in addition to being a very solid post prospect.
Never heard Stanford was that much in play, but was also mentioned with Ivies, Duke, NC, ND, Maryland, etc.
So, all power to Tara and co. for getting her to come to the Farm. (Now, you have to get her a league to play in by then ;) )
Now that the Pac 12 is gone this may not
And up the same on signing day.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Now that the Pac 12 is gone this may not
And up the same on signing day.
Interesting point of view. Worth keeping an eye on....

Reaction Score
On the surface, Notre Dame had a really tough weekend on the 2024 recruiting front. Three players who had Irish offers (at some point) decided the Irish were not going to part of their next half-a-decade:

• Kennedy Ume(h) decided to attend Stanford
  • Mikayla Blakes didn't list ND as a finalist
  • Taliyah Parker didn't list ND as a finalist.

With these developments in mind, ND's recruiting report for 2024 now has two known names left: Post Kate Koval (from Ukraine and Lutheran HS on Long Island) and forward Sarah Strong. These are two of the more sought-after bigs in the country, of course, so I'm not counting any chickens. Koval is supposed to come to ND for an OV in September and ??? is the word on Strong in relation to ND.

Coach Niele Ivey had a top recruiting class in 2023 with current freshman Hannah Hidalgo and Emma Risch, who arrived this summer; and, Cass Prosper, who enrolled during the season of 2022-23. That success has not parlayed into hits in 2024. While ND is well positioned at guard, the team could use size. This could explain why the Irish are making so many offers to member of 2025 and/or 2026.

So, guess we'll see if what September brings....
Those '23s went down to the wire deciding in november (well at least Hidalgo and Prosper did), maybe the '24s will, too? I have to think you guys are in good position to get Koval.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score

Thanks @Dillon77. After the past week, ANY news is good news, let alone news like this! The West African pipeline to Stanford is really strong (think Ogwumike x2, Belibe, Iriafen, Emma-Nnopu, among others), and, generalizing a bit here, the West African cultural focus on top academics has helped Stanford with its recruiting pitch even more so than with the broader recruiting population.

(Indeed, Umeh's wearing her glasses in her Team USA profile pic - talk about the spitting image of NerdNation - and reminds me a bit of another famous recruit from not too long ago...)

aHR0cHM6Ly9zdG9yYWdlLmdvb2dsZWFwaXMuY29tL3VzYWItY29tLXByb2QvMjAyMy8wNC9lNGZkYzFiMS01NGE2LTRiMDItOTgwYi04MDcxNzEyMzg0NTYuanBn.png
STC-L-jonespick-wbox-11_3.jpg

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Koval is between ND and Stanford

Strong is a lock to UConn but just hasn’t announced her commitment yet
Thanks for the prognostication: The Irish could use a pick me up.
However, as brought up, Coach Ivey came on strong late last recruiting cycle and let's hope she can do it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom