2023 Winter Non-UConn Recruiting Thread | The Boneyard

2023 Winter Non-UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Hi there:
The latest I could find was one from Sept. 2022, so decided to make one up, since OV's are now allowed earlier and some schools are getting jumps on unofficial visitors.
With that in mind, Notre Dame has one coming (courtesy of ND Hoops Recruits):

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Hi there:
The latest I could find was one from Sept. 2022, so decided to make one up, since OV's are now allowed earlier and some schools are getting jumps on unofficial visitors.
With that in mind, Notre Dame has one coming (courtesy of ND Hoops Recruits):

She is the younger sister of Lauren Betts?

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Boston College gets a 2nd commitment for 2024 (according to Raoul).

Reaction Score
Class of '25 guard Kamryn Kitchen from Charlotte, N.C. was on hand this weekend for an unofficial visit at Vandy. She had rare good luck as she came on a weekend where she witnessed Jerry Stackhouse's guys beating Auburn on a last-second shot, and Shea Ralph's Lady Commodore knocking off Kentucky 79-57 while playing their best half of basketball in Shea's two years at Vandy. Just dominated the second half and scored 55.

Kitchen is an excellent shooter/passer/ball handler. She's about 5'9 and plays in the same district as Blanca Thomas. Her team beat Thomas' team twice during the regular season. She reminds me a bit of Emma Reisch, or will by the time she's a senior, so hands off @Dillon77.

Last edited:

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Class of '25 guard Kamryn Kitchen from Charlotte, N.C. was on hand this weekend for an unofficial visit at Vandy. She had rare good luck as she came on a weekend where she witnessed Jerry Stackhouse's guys beating Auburn on a last-second shot, and Shea Ralph's Lady Commodore knocking off Kentucky 79-57 while playing their best half of basketball in Shea's two years at Vandy. Just dominated the second half and scored 55.

Kitchen is an excellent shooter/passer/ball handler. She's about 5'9 and plays in the same district as Blanca Thomas. Her team beat Thomas' team twice during the regular season. She reminds me a bit of Emma Reisch, or will by the time she's a senior, so hands off @Dillon77.

Hah! Looks like a good time was had by all in Nashville. She's Class of 2025? Two years after Emma Risch arrives at the Dome?
And her team has played Blanca Thomas, who ND checks on all the time? Hmmm ;) Truth be told, I haven't heard about her at this moment.

ND is very, very excited about Emma Risch. She is a tall, dead-eye long-distance bomber in the vein of Niele's teammate, Alicia Ratay, but she can also pull up off the dribble. Looking forward to her coming in with Hannah Hidalgo and joining early enrollee Cassandre Prosper.

Reaction Score
Hah! Looks like a good time was had by all in Nashville. She's Class of 2025? Two years after Emma Risch arrives at the Dome?
And her team has played Blanca Thomas, who ND checks on all the time? Hmmm ;) Truth be told, I haven't heard about her at this moment.

ND is very, very excited about Emma Risch. She is a tall, dead-eye long-distance bomber in the vein of Niele's teammate, Alicia Ratay, but she can also pull up off the dribble. Looking forward to her coming in with Hannah Hidalgo and joining early enrollee Cassandre Prosper.
Dawn liked Emma and, according to the nameless ghosts, went after her pretty hard. It will be interesting to watch her development

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score

Is Prosper giving up a full season to play a half season this year or will she still have four seasons to play?

Reaction Score

I'm exaggerating a bit comparing her to Risch just because I want her to be good :rolleyes:. She needs to fill out some, but she does have some skills. Syracuse is probably her best offer for now, but I suspect things will pick up for her this summer.

Risch caught my eye because Shea offered her very soon after she arrived at Vandy. She's a deadly shooter.

Last edited:

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Not sure if the forum has a Grad transfer topic, so I posted it here. Good Article, linked below.

This might be a Giant pick up of a Grad transfer for one year, especially on the West Coast. She is a Businees Major at Penn. She is from the LA area. I saw her play in HS and she was a very skilled player.

Kayla Padilla has one more year of eligibility remaining, but due to antiquated Ivy League rules, she cannot play at Penn.
Moving forward, Padilla says she is interested in going back to the West Coast, but she is keeping all her options open.

Reaction Score
She's been a major lean to Maryland for years. She decided to pull the trigger. She and Tatum Greene (BC) are former teammates.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score

Not a fan of how Ball Out frames this, but it's still something to watch for at the same time.
Coach Washington needs to do what CVS failed to do for some time...and keep elite talent home. Fingers crossed that CW can recruit NJ.

Reaction Score
Coach Washington needs to do what CVS failed to do for some time...and keep elite talent home. Fingers crossed that CW can recruit NJ.
Haven't been on the Rutgers board for a while to see if there are any recruiting updates. It could take a while to build connections in the area, but only time will tell.

Dillon77

Reaction Score

Haven't been on the Rutgers board for a while to see if there are any recruiting updates. It could take a while to build connections in the area, but only time will tell.

Coler and I -- independent of each other -- have been imploring Rutgers to keep elite -- heck, even very good -- talent at home.
It's been a whirlwind for Coach Q since she came to ND, but I'd suggest she talk to the coaches of both the men's and women's soccer and lacrosse programs (in particular, Mike O'Neill of the women's soccer team) on how they've recruited in-state over the years. O'Neill, with vast experience, in the AAU world, could give a few tips, I'm sure.

On top of that, there are a number of programs -- both public and parochial -- that are top notch year-in, year-out. When the season is out, invite those coaches to campus and/or hit the Turnpike and GSP to have lunch and talk. Washington isn't that far removed from her days at Penn State so she probably knows more than a few of these programs. Plus, she worked/coached Mabreys for a few years, who probably drop lines on Jersey Shore hoops without even knowing it.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I knew this was coming. She will be a good pick up for some school. The nearest P5 school to her home is Rutgers, but not sure why anyone would want to play there. No offense to any Scarlet Knight fans.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
I knew this was coming. She will be a good pick up for some school. The nearest P5 school to her home is Rutgers, but not sure why anyone would want to play there. No offense to any Scarlet Knight fans.

• I remember going to see her play at Saddle River Day when she played with Michelle Sodor (now at Michigan). Very athletic, good on the slash moves. She and fellow senior Kaitlyn Davis, the 6'0" guard/forward, are both around 12 ppg for the Lions. I might go down to Princeton with my daughter, a Columbia grad student, to catch the Ivy championships and take another in-person look.
  • She's got one year of post-grad play and will want to get max play-time. So, the nearest P5 schools might be best: Rutgers (nowhere to go but up) or Penn State (could be Kieger's last chance and she needs experienced players).
  • Or, if she eschews P5, Seton Hall has always been open to transfers and that's even more local than Rutgers in Jersey. How, about the Atlantic 10? Fordham's losing a lot of upperclassmen and Rhode Island is always open to transfers, as is Massachusetts.

If I zip down the Turnpike, let you know what I see ...:cool:

Reaction Score
Coler and I -- independent of each other -- have been imploring Rutgers to keep elite -- heck, even very good -- talent at home.
It's been a whirlwind for Coach Q since she came to ND, but I'd suggest she talk to the coaches of both the men's and women's soccer and lacrosse programs (in particular, Mike O'Neill of the women's soccer team) on how they've recruited in-state over the years. O'Neill, with vast experience, in the AAU world, could give a few tips, I'm sure.

On top of that, there are a number of programs -- both public and parochial -- that are top notch year-in, year-out. When the season is out, invite those coaches to campus and/or hit the Turnpike and GSP to have lunch and talk. Washington isn't that far removed from her days at Penn State so she probably knows more than a few of these programs. Plus, she worked/coached Mabreys for a few years, who probably drop lines on Jersey Shore hoops without even knowing it.
Don’t know that she qualifies as “home grown” talent in Jersey.

Played last year in SC

Before that, she played in Maryland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member