2023 Winter Non-UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 14 | The Boneyard

2023 Winter Non-UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
If the young lady picks Washington, imma have to dump all three of my husky hats into the garbage.
You have 3?!

I do seem to recall both schools going after a couple recruits several cycles ago, and both picking neither UW or Duke. So hopefully no hats will have to suffer your wrath.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Another year, another year of being sick of a certain school about 3 hours south of me. No idea why a school needs 5 PG's.

You have 3?!

I do seem to recall both schools going after a couple recruits several cycles ago, and both picking neither UW or Duke. So hopefully no hats will have to suffer your wrath.

Yep... 3..... very old, but in mint condition as 1) Purple is a hard color to match with 2) my head is too big one hat is too small. I have no idea what recruits those were.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I have no idea what recruits those were.
I might be misremembering, but I think they both made the cut lists for Dalayah Daniels and Jordyn Jenkins. Of course both transferred out of their original school, and Daniels ended up back home and wearing purple and gold eventually.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I might be misremembering, but I think they both made the cut lists for Dalayah Daniels and Jordyn Jenkins. Of course both transferred out of their original school, and Daniels ended up back home and wearing purple and gold eventually.

Yes correct. I remember that. Daniels went to Cal, Jenkins went to the real USC.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

What interests me here is that a Cali kid from a well-known program announced five finalists...and not one is west of the MIssissippi River. For some reason, I don't think her decision and the break-up of the PAC 12 (as we know it) and the fact that UCLA, USC, Oregon and Washington are going to be taking some hellacious road trips is a coincidence.

This one was a surprise to most Irish fans and I don't have a whole lot on her. But, if she's her father's daughter, can we expect a physical player with a featherly touch on the jumper? Zach was a big MSU guy...will that carry over to the new regime? Or will Walz ball be of interest? Head to one of the Carolina's? Or will she join the run and gun crew at South Bend? Stay tuned.

Reaction Score
What interests me here is that a Cali kid from a well-known program announced five finalists...and not one is west of the MIssissippi River. For some reason, I don't think her decision and the break-up of the PAC 12 (as we know it) and the fact that UCLA, USC, Oregon and Washington are going to be taking some hellacious road trips is a coincidence.

This one was a surprise to most Irish fans and I don't have a whole lot on her. But, if she's her father's daughter, can we expect a physical player with a featherly touch on the jumper? Zach was a big MSU guy...will that carry over to the new regime? Or will Walz ball be of interest? Head to one of the Carolina's? Or will she join the run and gun crew at South Bend? Stay tuned.
Surprise to gamecock fans also. We had never heard her mentioned before now. Are we just a fancy hat on the table?

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I think both parents are from Indiana, so ND may have an advantage.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

No offense to Michigan State, but i dont see why one would go there for wbb. Again no offense for any Spartan fans. Yeah... Im still bitter from 2009

Reaction Score
No offense to Michigan State, but i dont see why one would go there for wbb. Again no offense for any Spartan fans. Yeah... Im still bitter from 2009
Her dad went there...so probably why she is keeping it as an option.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Surprise to gamecock fans also. We had never heard her mentioned before now. Are we just a fancy hat on the table?
Makes sense though. We did recruit her former teammate (Juju Watkins) pretty hard. It surprised me also, but it makes sense we recruited Randolph as well while we were on the west coast for Watkins and Kennedy Smith.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
Michigan State hired Robyn Franck as their new head coach. She had great success at Division II Ashland and at Bowling Green. She may be able to create some juice that was lacking in recent years with Suzy Merchant.

Reaction Score

I know Triad would be over the moon with excitement, should she select Duke.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Not to mention Michigan State fans owe Duke fans for dumping Joanne P. McCallie on us ...
A commitment from Randolph to Duke will help ease that debt.

Reaction Score
Not to mention Michigan State fans owe Duke fans for dumping Joanne P. McCallie on us ...
A commitment from Randolph to Duke will help ease that debt.

That's an interesting interpretation of how she ended up at Duke. A little bit of a revisionist approach to history here I see. ;)

sun

Reaction Score
Meet the 15 year old South Sudanese female basketballer Abuna Choi who is regarded as the tallest girl in Uganda , she’s currently under a hard training and still looking for an International Scholarship where she can execute her talent and also be able to continue with her studies

Her height amazes people, she’s said to be 6.9ft tall which is one of the tallest heights for a female athlete in the world

Reaction Score
Meet the 15 year old South Sudanese female basketballer Abuna Choi who is regarded as the tallest girl in Uganda , she’s currently under a hard training and still looking for an International Scholarship where she can execute her talent and also be able to continue with her studies

Her height amazes people, she’s said to be 6.9ft tall which is one of the tallest heights for a female athlete in the world

I wouldn't be surprised she has a 7 foot wingspan as well. Should be an excellent rim protector at the minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom