2023 CFB Coaching Carousel begins to spin and spin… | Page 12 | The Boneyard

2023 CFB Coaching Carousel begins to spin and spin…

Reaction Score
Between 2010 and today, Stanford has 5 Top 10 finishes, played in the Rose Bowl 3x, and played in the Fiesta and Orange Bowls. Recently, not performing well and they got a new coach for 2023.

In men's basketball, the last 8 years have not been that good, although they were 20-12 in 2019/2020. From 1987/88 to 2014/2015, they played in the NCAA or NIT every year except 4. They made 1 Final 4, 1 Elite 8, 2 Sweet 16s, and won 3 NIT championships. That is an above average basketball track record.
So pretty good, depending on if they can emerge from recent slumps

They haven’t won more than four games since the 2018 season.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
They haven’t won more than four games since the 2018 season.
Astonishingly similar to UConn with the exception of last year (Cal did a bit better than Stanford)...such football prowess surely bolstered the @¢¢. ^_^

Reaction Score
How things would have be different if that happened huh?
Another of the many examples ripe for revisionist history, between No to Kill and Lashlee leaving, man we almost coulda shoulda woulda had an offense!!

Reaction Score
Another of the many examples ripe for revisionist history, between No to Kill and Lashlee leaving, man we almost coulda shoulda woulda had an offense!!
Lashlee just lost tov BC after being 11-2 so it isn’t THAT bad we lost him haha

Reaction Score
Lashlee just lost tov BC after being 11-2 so it isn’t THAT bad we lost him haha
Speak for yourself... I'd rather lose a bowl game than continuously waiting/hoping we get to one more than once or twice in 2 decades... With that said, here's hoping we can shock folks in '24 and end up in one around this time in 2024.

Reaction Score
Honestly, does it really matter whether or not a FBS team's schedule is considered weak or not?
We've been horrendous/unwatchable/outclassed/belittled/blacklisted(???? It seems that way though) for so long. If we're winning and bowling 7 or 8 of the next 10 years, then , and only then do I even consider talk up SOS. If the Good Lord allows me to make it that far...

Reaction Score
Honestly, does it really matter whether or not a FBS team's schedule is considered weak or not?
We've been horrendous/unwatchable/outclassed/belittled/blacklisted(???? It seems that way though) for so long. If we're winning and bowling 7 or 8 of the next 10 years, then , and only then do I even consider talk up SOS. If the Good Lord allows me to make it that far...

Unless you are national championship or playoff contender then it does not matter.

Reaction Score
Unless you are national championship or playoff contender then it does not matter.
It feels more and more like that is really the case. In hoops San Diego State and FAU were right there for an NCAA Championship. In FB not so much.

I think this question has been discussed(answered?) some already, but here it is again:

Given that UConn cannot win an NCAA FB Championship, and won't be in a conference for the foreseeable future, what generates more interest and puts fans in seats and donors on board first;

7-10 wins annually against a moderate schedule of winnable, maybe local teams+ a bowl annually
OR
3-7 wins against a schedule of 4 unwinnable games, 4 toss ups and 4 should wins + a bowl occasionally

Reaction Score
It feels more and more like that is really the case. In hoops San Diego State and FAU were right there for an NCAA Championship. In FB not so much.

I think this question has been discussed(answered?) some already, but here it is again:

Given that UConn cannot win an NCAA FB Championship, and won't be in a conference for the foreseeable future, what generates more interest and puts fans in seats and donors on board first;

7-10 wins annually against a moderate schedule of winnable, maybe local teams+ a bowl annually
OR
3-7 wins against a schedule of 4 unwinnable games, 4 toss ups and 4 should wins + a bowl occasionally

The ultimate irony is that we would theoretically have an easier time getting to the playoff as a football only member of a G5 playing a weak schedule than we do playing as an independent.

We have zero representation on the playoff committee so zero chance of getting in even if somehow we went undefeated.

Reaction Score
The ultimate irony is that we would theoretically have an easier time getting to the playoff as a football only member of a G5 playing a weak schedule than we do playing as an independent.

We have zero representation on the playoff committee so zero chance of getting in even if somehow we went undefeated.
Hard to say once the expanded playoff begins. Still probably going to be a blockade to run for G5 and Indy's

Reaction Score
Hard to say once the expanded playoff begins. Still probably going to be a blockade to run for G5 and Indy's

We have no tie in to the playoffs. The top ranked team from a G5 gets into the playoffs or something. It’s an autobid. Since we aren’t in a conference…

We have to see what happens with the ACC situation but I’m not holding my breath. We better have a backup plan.

Reaction Score
He did Deion a favor by leaving. That defense was garbage
Disagree. Kelly is a good coordinator, and a better recruiter…..ask Saban.

Fact is Sanders has shown zero interest in high school recruiting and is probably on a timeline that corresponds to when his kid goes pro. After that he’s probably out of there.

He’s a snake oil salesman of the highest order and it won’t take too many cycles for kids and their parents/advisors to figure that out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom