Men - 2022 UConn Baseball @ NCAA Tournament’s Palo Alto, CA. Super-Regional vs #2 Stanford | Page 35 | The Boneyard

Men 2022 UConn Baseball @ NCAA Tournament’s Palo Alto, CA. Super-Regional vs #2 Stanford

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Well that’s it. Hopefully tomorrow is our day.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
If we get the 7pm EST game slot tomorrow (the same time as today), it will be important to get an early lead. The sun and shade between the mound and home plate make it much more challenging to hit late in the game.

Reaction Score
Well, for a change of pace this weekend, I should have a good night sleep in prep for tomorrow's game. 3 long days and 2 nights of being at the CT Sea Music festival, followed by 2 nights of following these UConn/Stanford baseball games, so it has been a very busy weekend for me.

Funny, just can't remember the last time I was up to 2 in the morning like last night.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
From what I saw, we hit as well as we did game one because we were jumping on good pitches early in the count.

Today they anticipated this, pitched for us to chase and we complied. Determining a strategy is one thing. Executing it is another and there is always an opponent involved in the execution.

I hope we can find a way to adjust without becoming overly passive at the plate. Either that or I hope they have no more pitching left.

Oh yeah. We need a reasonably well pitched game on our end.

Reaction Score
Fair points

It was embarrassing and he should be very embarrassed by it. Penders was certainly not pleased. He’s young though…he’ll learn and recover from it.
He'll have a four game suspension to think about how (should we win tomorrow) he hurts his teammates' chances in Omaha. Discipline is the hallmark of a Penders team. Peterson flunked the exam.

UConnSportsGuy

Reaction Score
He'll have a four game suspension to think about how (should we win tomorrow) he hurts his teammates' chances in Omaha. Discipline is the hallmark of a Penders team. Peterson flunked the exam.
Look at the bright side…Just think of how fired up and rested Peterson will be for Game 1 of the Championship best-of-3-series after we sweep through the first pod in Omaha in 3 games! ;)

Reaction Score
From what I saw, we hit as well as we did game one because we were jumping on good pitches early in the count.

Today they anticipated this, pitched for us to chase and we complied. Determining a strategy is one thing. Executing it is another and there is always an opponent involved in the execution.

I hope we can find a way to adjust without becoming overly passive at the plate. Either that or I hope they have no more pitching left.

Oh yeah. We need a reasonably well pitched game on our end.
It seemed to me like we didn't have the same approach as last night. Last night the guys were jumping all over the first pitch, tonight the guys seemed to be watching the first pitch sail down the middle of the plate and then they were swinging at stuff near the dirt.

Reaction Score
That's a huge outing for Chudoba, really gives us a chance going into tomorrow. Cooke starting, and we should be able to piece together the middle innings with Coe and Kirby to get to Willis in an ideal world, Enzo and Sullivan too if it's a shorter outing for Cooke

Reaction Score
In all of the articles and posts here I cannot find a narrative of what Peterson did to get ejected? Call the ump an AH?
No idea if it was pre or post ejection but he was definitely yelling at him walking off the field. He was turned away from the dugout yelling as he walked off

UConnSportsGuy

Reaction Score

From the "You Cannot Make This Stuff Up" Category, Austin Peterson is a finalist for the 2022 Senior CLASS Award given for notable achievement in four areas of excellence : community, classroom, character, and competition. Voting is already closed for the award and the winner will be announced during the College World Series next week.

Could you imagine if Peterson won the award for CLASS (demonstrating character and sportsmanship) while his team is in the CWS, but he cannot be there to accept the award because he is suspended for yelling at an umpire and getting thrown out for unsportsmanlike conduct?! Could you imagine....that would be insane!

Baseball Finalists Announced for the 2022 Senior CLASS Award | Senior CLASS Award

On a separate note...I have never heard of this award before, but is this even worse than the Madden cover curse? Look at the names on this list and their performance in the Super Regionals:

Austin Peterson (UConn) : Super Regional Start 1.1 IP, 7 ER; 47.368 ERA; thrown out of game
Alex Williams (Stanford) : Super Regional Start 1.1IP; 6ER; 40.602 ERA
Jake Kuchmaner (ECU) : Did not pitch in the Super Regional as he was benched for his horrid performance in the regionals. In the Regionals, he didn't make it out of the first inning in the only game ECU lost.l He only lasted 0.2 IP, gave up 3 ER before he was pulled and took the loss. So his line was 0.2IP; 3 ER; 40.480 ERA

So there were only 3 Starting Pitchers that were finalists for the Senior CLASS Award that were on teams alive in the Super Regionals this year. All 3 of them did not make it out of the second inning of their latest start, took the loss, and all three had an ERA over 40! That is absolutely unbelievable!

Someone please tell Penders to never nominate someone from UConn for the Senior CLASS Award ever again!

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
From the "You Cannot Make This Stuff Up" Category, Austin Peterson is a finalist for the 2022 Senior CLASS Award given for notable achievement in four areas of excellence : community, classroom, character, and competition. Voting is already closed for the award and the winner will be announced during the College World Series next week.

Could you imagine if Peterson won the award for CLASS (demonstrating character and sportsmanship) while his team is in the CWS, but he cannot be there to accept the award because he is suspended for yelling at an umpire and getting thrown out for unsportsmanlike conduct?! Could you imagine....that would be insane!

Baseball Finalists Announced for the 2022 Senior CLASS Award | Senior CLASS Award

On a separate note...I have never heard of this award before, but is this even worse than the Madden cover curse? Look at the names on this list and their performance in the Super Regionals:

Austin Peterson (UConn) : Super Regional Start 1.1 IP, 7 ER; 47.368 ERA; thrown out of game
Alex Williams (Stanford) : Super Regional Start 1.1IP; 6ER; 40.602 ERA
Jake Kuchmaner (ECU) : Did not pitch in the Super Regional as he was benched for his horrid performance in the regionals. In the Regionals, he didn't make it out of the first inning in the only game ECU lost.l He only lasted 0.2 IP, gave up 3 ER before he was pulled and took the loss. So his line was 0.2IP; 3 ER; 40.480 ERA

So there were only 3 Starting Pitchers that were finalists for the Senior CLASS Award that were on teams alive in the Super Regionals this year. All 3 of them did not make it out of the second inning of their latest start, took the loss, and all three had an ERA over 40! That is absolutely unbelievable!

Someone please tell Penders to never nominate someone from UConn for the Senior CLASS Award ever again!
A young man makes an emotional mistake and you are hanging him and Penders. One bad moment doesn't define anyone. Please stop.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score

Not only did he hurt the team, he most likely cost himself a lot of (bonu$) money, the MLB teams will look at the meltdown unfavorably when evaluating draft position. Just hoping we have to worry about the 4 game suspension after this afternoon game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom