Men - 2022 UConn Baseball @ NCAA Tournament’s Palo Alto, CA. Super-Regional vs #2 Stanford | Page 34 | The Boneyard

Men 2022 UConn Baseball @ NCAA Tournament’s Palo Alto, CA. Super-Regional vs #2 Stanford

Status
Not open for further replies.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Enzo scares me. But maybe try and get one time through the lineup with him.
We will need at least three (somewhat) quality innings from both Enzo and Cooke tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Suspect it will be Stefanoni, but I'm sure at the first sign of big trouble Cooke will be getting ready.
I know routine is valuable, but I pray we start Cookie Monster.

Reaction Score
Suspect it will be Stefanoni, but I'm sure at the first sign of big trouble Cooke will be getting ready.

Up to now, the UConn weekend starters have not missed a start, which is rather amazing.
It’s not. It’s Cooke.

Reaction Score
Petulant.
If you compete your heart out, I can't get upset with you. You are giving your all. That's why I'm defensive of our players even when they swing at bad pitches or make mistakes on the mound.

But acting like a spoiled brat because you're getting knocked around and you don't like the strike-zone is petulant and selfish behavior. Bad for the team in more ways than one.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
6 pitch walk to start the bottom of the 9th, not really what Stanford wanted.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Up to now, the UConn weekend starters have not missed a start, which is rather amazing.
I feel better about Stefanoni today then I did yesterday. These guys aren’t supermen.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
If you compete your heart out, I can't get upset with you. You are giving your all. That's why I'm defensive of our players even when they swing at bad pitches or make mistakes on the mound.

But acting like a spoiled brat because you don't like the strike-zone is petulant and selfish behavior. Bad for the team in more ways than one.
It was embarrassing and he should be very embarrassed by it. Penders was certainly not pleased. He’s young though…he’ll learn and recover from it.

Reaction Score

But acting like a spoiled brat because you don't like the strike-zone is petulant and selfish behavior. Bad for the team in more ways than one.
Not trying to automatically defend him here but I need to see the order of events again. I’m sure he said something but most of the childish behavior seems to have come after he was tossed. I just hope it was warranted because otherwise that’s such a terrible move from an umpire.

Reaction Score
It was embarrassing and he should be very embarrassed by it. Penders was certainly not pleased. He’s young though…he’ll learn and recover from it.
Not trying to automatically defend him here but I need to see the order of events again. I’m sure he said something but most of the childish behavior seems to have come after he was tossed. I just hope it was warranted because otherwise that’s such a terrible move from an umpire.
Fair points

Reaction Score
Well, it's now a 1 games series. UConn jumped on their ace early yesterday and Stanford jumped on UConn's ace early today.

Not sure what to expect. Who would've thought all the pitchers would pitch great except for Peterson who got shelled and threw a tantrum?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm not expecting our kids to be as seasoned as major leaguers (there are even plenty of those who aren't very cerebral) but there were nine at bats of ours tonight where immediately after taking a first strike (regardless of the count), we would swing at the ne t pitch, even though it was not close to the strike zone.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
The guy literally told us 4 times why sometimes sunglasses are bad.

Reaction Score
Bottom 9th, UConn gets 2 runners on base by walks with 2 outs, but they are stranded. Stanford wins 8-2, series tied up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom