Men - 2022 UConn Baseball @ NCAA Tournament’s Palo Alto, CA. Super-Regional vs #2 Stanford | Page 31 | The Boneyard

Men 2022 UConn Baseball @ NCAA Tournament’s Palo Alto, CA. Super-Regional vs #2 Stanford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If more runs come in for Stanford without UConn scoring more runs, I doubt Penders is going to use the big guns out of the bullpen, that is what I'm saying. Those arms will be saved for tomorrow. One thing Chudoba is doing is saving the rest of the bullpen by going multiple innings.
You’re correct. Down 6 you’d probably see Afthim next. You’re not seeing Cooke, Kirby or Willis unless we’re within a run or two. And Coe isn’t throwing today no matter what.

Reaction Score
I’ll be the first to say it. This dudes mannerisms annoy the hell out of me.

Reaction Score
You’re correct. Down 6 you’d probably see Afthim next. You’re not seeing Cooke, Kirby or Willis unless we’re within a run or two. And Coe isn’t throwing today no matter what.

And if it gets worse, we might not even see Afthim tonight. We'll see how things go.

Reaction Score
Bottom 5th, UConn offense with a scoreless inning. 8-2 Stanford.

Top 6th, Chudoba still on the mound. No surprise there. Chudoba having one of his best games this season so far, hope he can keep it up.

Reaction Score
And if it gets worse, we might not even see Afthim tonight. We'll see how things go.

Who would be deeper than that? Quinn? Beyond Quinn, we haven’t seen a Favieri or a Wang or McBride for months.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
The batters have been chasing garbage all afternoon
Yes, the boys are definitely tight and pressing today. Feeling the pressure of 27 outs from Omaha.

Hopefully they get it out of their system tonight and loosen up for tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Who would be deeper than that? Quinn? Beyond Quinn, we haven’t seen a Favieri or a Wang or McBride for months.

If it gets really bad, someone like Alejandro might come in. Doubt McBride is in the team at all considering he was injured and is in the transfer portal.

Reaction Score
If more runs come in for Stanford without UConn scoring more runs, I doubt Penders is going to use the big guns out of the bullpen, that is what I'm saying. Those arms will be saved for tomorrow. One thing Chudoba is doing is saving the rest of the bullpen by going multiple innings. He has been pretty effective tonight.
No matter what happens from here on out, I am extremely impressed with Chudoba. Wish he wasn't graduating off the team.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Come on boys…let’s get a couple here and at least force Stanford to use up more real arms for tomorrow!

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
I thought Bruno beat him

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Chudoba has been great. Every once in a while the offense chases and this is one of those games. Except for the Villanova series, we usually come back from these impatient at bats the next game.

Reaction Score
Bottom 6th, UConn trying out a 2 out rally with a Morton bunt single and a Simmons walk. Nothing comes of it. 8-2 Stanford.

Top 7th, Chudoba still on the mound.

Reaction Score
Note to people who complain that we're swinging at bad pitches: it is because the pitchers are very good. This lefty has nasty stuff. You are showing that you have no idea what it is like to play baseball at a high level.

Reaction Score
Total inability to put together a few good at bats in a row tonight. Credit to Stamford, there’s a reason why they were the #2 national seed, but this isn’t our best effort.

Reaction Score
Note to people who complain that we're swinging at bad pitches: it is because the pitchers are very good. This lefty has nasty stuff. You are showing that you have no idea what it is like to play baseball at a high level.
Thank you for clarifying that it’s very hard to play sports at a high division one level. I guess everyone but you was confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom