Men - 2022 UConn Baseball @ NCAA Tournament’s Palo Alto, CA. Super-Regional vs #2 Stanford | Page 28 | The Boneyard

Men 2022 UConn Baseball @ NCAA Tournament’s Palo Alto, CA. Super-Regional vs #2 Stanford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Peterson leaves in an Austin Martin. :(:(

Reaction Score
It's really hard to win a game and have the other team have all of the momentum -- and then you're really hoping that momentum doesn't carry over -- but, yeah.

Reaction Score
It's really hard to win a game and have the other team have all of the momentum -- and then you're really hoping that momentum doesn't carry over -- but, yeah.
Momentum is as good as your next starter, Peterson came up really small.

Reaction Score
Peterson getting 2 strike counts on everyone and then spitting the bit. Bad pitch locations, trying to get too cute.

And there’s the bomb as I type this…

Gonna have to win this with bats tonight
Nobody wants to hear it, but Justbrewit is absolutely correct. Peterson just wasn’t tough enough tonight with two strikes.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
I’d say that this game isn’t over because I wouldnt be surprised if we get another 10 runs.

Unfortunately, I’m not sure if our bullpen can keep them below 20.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
We are definitely tight and pressing way too much.

Hopefully the butt whooping today will loosen them up and piss them off for tomorrow.

Reaction Score
I’d say that this game isn’t over because I wouldnt be surprised if we get another 10 runs.

Unfortunately, I’m not sure if our bullpen can keep them below 20.
Let’s worry about that after we catch up! 8-2, let’s keep this going.

Reaction Score
Nobody wants to hear it, but Justbrewit is absolutely correct. Peterson just wasn’t tough enough tonight with two strikes.
The umpire didn’t help squeezing the strike zone to a 25 cent size!

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
1 run isn't gonna do it. Stanford's new pitcher aint amazing but they don't need amazing right now, unfortunately.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Fanta saying since Peterson is a pitcher he would be suspended for next 4 games. Can anyone confirm?
Section 26 rule e

Whenever a pitcher is ejected for disputing an umpire’s decision or for unsportsmanlike conduct or language directed at an opponent or umpire (including a post-participation ejection), the suspension will be for a total of four (4) games. This applies whether the ejection occurs while the player is serving as the current game pitcher or after having been removed from the game and his last listed position was that of a pitcher. If a player is removed as pitcher but remains in the game in another capacity such as a designated hitter or at a defensive position and is then ejected, the suspension penalty is one additional game.

Reaction Score
Fanta saying since Peterson is a pitcher he would be suspended for next 4 games. Can anyone confirm?

May we be so lucky that this interferes with him pitching in Omaha.

The bad news is this could get ugly tonight. The good news is no matter how ugly it is, the worst case is we’re going to have a one game winner take all tomorrow. I’m assuming our bullpen will be called upon accordingly (unless we get back in the game).

Reaction Score
Dinner over. 8-2 Stamford going to the top of the 3rd. UConn needs Chudoba to eat up some innings tonight. Funny, as soon as I wrote that, Chris Jones said pretty much the same thing on the MIXLR broadcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom