Men - 2022 UConn Baseball @ NCAA Tournament’s Palo Alto, CA. Super-Regional vs #2 Stanford | Page 21 | The Boneyard

Men 2022 UConn Baseball @ NCAA Tournament’s Palo Alto, CA. Super-Regional vs #2 Stanford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Fell asleep in the 6th inning and just caught the final score this AM. Watching the replay now. Props to those who stayed up through the 9th. Holy crap, that was TOO close but the bottom line is we get the win. Goes to show that no runs are too many in college baseball.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
13-12 UConn will be like the Clemson sweet 16 game in 1990. I was there, have the ticket stub and pictures to prove it. At least 50k fans claim to have been @ Brendan Byrne that night. Who, besides a dedicated few (including me), really stayed up to watch all 9 innings last night? :p
I did, but you know, central time, so I caught a break there..

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
After thinking about what I witnessed, Stanford pretty much made an out or hit a home run. No long fly balls to the track. That is rare. I doubt they can do that again.
Kudos to Pat Gallagher. Outside the 2nd inning and when he ran out of gas, he shut out that lineup!
The win almost feels like a loss with that 9th inning. That is good for UConn baseball as the underdog that needs to scrap.
In Penders' comments, he spoke about the lost ar bays in the 9th inning. The batter approach the rest of the game was really good and I hope we continue that today. If we do, we will put up runs.
Finally, when will ESPN announcers stop fawning over our opponents? They spend 2/3rds of each broadcast talking up a team trailing UConn.

Reaction Score
I watched the entire game. What helped me stay awake were texts I was getting throughout it from my friend in Palo Alto (dad of a Stanford player). After the game he mentioned some post-game finger pointing at the 3rd base coach for sending runners into unnecessary outs. Who knows. It’s all a blur to me. I’m running on 4 hours sleep and already on my second cup of coffee. Let’s win today!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Got some good friends moving next week and this has been going away party weekend.
We went tubing on a river yesterday and sun was pretty intense.
Came back, cleaned up and watched Belmont and then on to Tampa and Rangers. Made it home to get first four innings of Huskies before it was nappy nap time on sofa last night.

Today is a shrimp boil early this afternoon before the game tonight. I should be able to make it through tonight's game.

Tomorrow will be rough.

Reaction Score
I watched the entire game. What helped me stay awake were texts I was getting throughout it from my friend in Palo Alto (dad of a Stanford player). After the game he mentioned some post-game finger pointing at the 3rd base coach for sending runners into unnecessary outs. Who knows. It’s all a blur to me. I’m running on 4 hours sleep and already on my second cup of coffee. Let’s win today!
If the third base coach sent both the runners who got thrown out while Stanford was way behind, finger pointing is fair.

Reaction Score
After thinking about what I witnessed, Stanford pretty much made an out or hit a home run. No long fly balls to the track. That is rare. I doubt they can do that again.
Kudos to Pat Gallagher. Outside the 2nd inning and when he ran out of gas, he shut out that lineup!
The win almost feels like a loss with that 9th inning. That is good for UConn baseball as the underdog that needs to scrap.
In Penders' comments, he spoke about the lost ar bays in the 9th inning. The batter approach the rest of the game was really good and I hope we continue that today. If we do, we will put up runs.
Finally, when will ESPN announcers stop fawning over our opponents? They spend 2/3rds of each broadcast talking up a team trailing UConn.
Radio announcers were much better.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I don’t usually post on this board, but look in to get score updates. Yesterday we had a lot of company in to stay overnight. I watched here in CT until the end of 5. I predicted to myself 11-5 wasn’t the end of scoring. I was asleep two minutes later. Checked in this am. I am great at predictions and as it turns out, avoiding a coronary and/or a blood pressure spike. Go Huskies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Fair point. But normally it’s because I am on the Boneyard. Not because I’m watching a game until 2:15, at which point it’s impossible to get any deep sleepl
Ha ha, I know what you mean. I had a few things on deck for today that I wanted to work on and I find myself thinking “yeah that’s not gonna happen.”

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Ha ha, I know what you mean. I had a few things on deck for today that I wanted to work on and I find myself thinking “yeah that’s not gonna happen.”
It's called planning ahead. I made sure that everything necessary was accomplished by early yesterday afternoon.

Today I'm vegging out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds