2022 Recruiting Thread | Page 45 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score
Gadie had been to Rutgers twice.
Jobity has PWO offers from WVA & Buffalo.
Murphy is a CT kid w/ Supreme Athletes and has been to camp @ UConn previously.

No harm in inviting kids to the last game of the season (especially potential PWOs).
Yeah I really like Gadie and Murphy. These kids can add some depth to the team. Gadie has speed for a LB, but needs to add weight and Murphy has some skills for a big kid. I’m sure Mora will continue to look at the transfer portal.

Reaction Score

Elijah “EJ” Warner is a 6-0 195lb QB from Brophy College Prep High in Phoenix Arizona. Other offers from Ball State, Colorado State, EKU, Georgia Southern, Hawaii, Marshall, Northern Colorado, Presbyterian and UT Martin.

Highlights

Nice! This kid should know how to play QB since his dad is Kurt Warner. It would be nice to have an actual QB.

Reaction Score
Yea I’d imagine immediately offering another QB and retweeting it and Kurt Warner’s tweet didn’t sit too well with him. Such is college football - I think he has a good amount of academy interest, he’ll find a soft landing.
Without question. I liked him alot too. I think he's gonna be a great one for whomever he ends up playing for.

Reaction Score
Not going to lie I like Calhoun better than Warner. Anyone know if Warner is a better scheme fit? Feels weird he is our only offer so far.

Reaction Score
Not going to lie I like Calhoun better than Warner. Anyone know if Warner is a better scheme fit? Feels weird he is our only offer so far.
He just got offered by Georgia southern today. He’s gunna start to pick up the offers. Mora could’ve waited a few more weeks tho if this is what sent a certain commit out the door

Reaction Score
He just got offered by Georgia southern today. He’s gunna start to pick up the offers. Mora could’ve waited a few more weeks tho if this is what sent a certain commit out the door
Calhoun took an official visit to Army this past weekend. He’s picked up offers from Air Force Academy, West Point and Naval Academy over the past few weeks. He’s been looking even before Mora was named.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Between both signing periods, I'll go with 14 HS commits, 3 JUCO commits and 14 transfer portals. Going to be somewhere around 30 new bodies coming in by spring. As is the new norm, wouldn't be surprised to see some more roster changes between spring practices and fall camp starting.

Reaction Score
Then there were five. With the commitment list down to five it is clear Corey will not be retained
I've a feeling he is now 100% for sure that he now knows he is not returning and is informing recruits

Reaction Score
True, now they're going to an undersized pro-style QB? Is he mobile? Warner's son or not he'll get killed with this OL as a pocket passer. I'd hate to think that is where the offense is going. Especially after Mazzone with Phommachanh running his quick N-Zone makeover gave me hope, for the first time this decade. After 3 HC coaches wouldn't open things up. We shall see.

Reaction Score
Between both signing periods, I'll go with 14 HS commits, 3 JUCO commits and 14 transfer portals. Going to be somewhere around 30 new bodies coming in by spring. As is the new norm, wouldn't be surprised to see some more roster changes between spring practices and fall camp starting.
would be pleased with the incoming of 30ish Mora's guys in Year 1

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Gang, I think the plan is to have a better OL in 2022.

As for offering Warner, nothing bad can come from offering a kid that likes throwing bombs whose dad was an all star NFL pro. Its a smart offer. Splash is good.

Reaction Score
Gang, I think the plan is to have a better OL in 2022.
Splash is good.
Well everyone has their own opinion, and plans are nice but Scheme is better. Tom Brady couldn't sit in the pocket with a Uconn OL from the last 10 years, just sayin'. And I'm all in on Mora, so again we shall see, hope Tyler is still in the plans.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom