2022 Recruiting Thread | Page 98 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting Thread

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
That OLine that UVA is putting together is impressive in size and experience. Very impressed with their coach getting it all together. I wondered why they brought in so many transfers and found they had 9 sophomores, 1 junior, and 1 senior on the roster before this.

Reaction Score
Next…

Nikko Pohahau is 6-5 275lb OL from City College of San Francisco.

Highlights

His twitter account says he has three years of eligibility and a 6' 10" wingspan. Watching his highlights he seems a bit more athletic and physical than the recruits we lost to UVA.

Hopefully we get the best of the bunch.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
More on 6-5 275lb Nikko Pohahau OL from City College of San Francisco.

has nine siblings … His brother Jonathan played football at Charleston Southern University ... He wears size 18 shoes …

Also, this past fall while at City College of SF, Nikko picked up offers from San Diego State, New Mexico and New Mexico State, Hawaii, Nevada, Maine, UNH, Houston Baptist, Stony Brook, Towson and a few others.

As Medic noted he took an OV to UMass last weekend and now he's coming back to New England for UConn.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Could the snow storm cancel our OVs this weekend?!?!

Seems like the timing will work for travel as Friday and Sunday should be clear….but every minute in between should be snowy.

Reaction Score
Taft School WR/TE/LB/DL Nicholas “Nico” Schwikal appears headed to Dartmouth (wouldn’t be surprised to see his name appear again in the future):

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
For those who follow these things... 2 recruits (not really a focus anymore joining up for signing day)

Reaction Score
Taft School WR/TE/LB/DL Nicholas “Nico” Schwikal appears headed to Dartmouth (wouldn’t be surprised to see his name appear again in the future):

are we getting reimbursed for flying over Deutsche Mom & Dad? Seems Dartmouth can scrape a Tranche off their endowment for the flights and accommodations

Reaction Score
are we getting reimbursed for flying over Deutsche Mom & Dad? Seems Dartmouth can scrape a Tranche off their endowment for the flights and accommodations
Ivies and their boatloads of endowment $$$

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
So looked at the most likely known candidates for signing day and here is what I see could happen based on social media posting.

UConn Lean
  1. Camryn Edwards (RB/DB) > 7 follows > Rhode Island 12/16 > Likes Favor UConn
  2. Dominic Konopka (LS/C/DE) < Went from 3 to 5 follows > Last posted offer UConn > Met Shearer when at Miami
Toss Up
  1. Will Dixon (TE/DL/Athlete) >6 Follows > UConn 11/24 > Last like from UConn
  2. Derek Ferraro (OL) > 3 Follows > Bowling Green 1/14 > Last school like was Montana
  3. Nicholas “Nico” Schwikal (WR/TE/LB/DE) > 3 Follows > Yale 12/13 > Last school like was UConn 1/2

Other known offers have high P5 offers or have fallen off the social media radar. I still feel we have a chance at Javian Green and Jayson Jenkins but it is less than 25%.

Reaction Score
Saw UConn announced that transfer, Nigel Fitzgerald, had signed. I believe this leaves Cale Millen as the only transfer that announced a commitment not to officially sign.

If you go back to the first announcement about Cale Millen, I think you'd find some vague statement on when he would arrive. Which I took to mean that he might have some unfinished academic or process steps before he could enroll. I thought it was distinctly different when it first appeared; and with Mora a family friend, thought that Millen would show up when he could.

Reaction Score
If you go back to the first announcement about Cale Millen, I think you'd find some vague statement on when he would arrive. Which I took to mean that he might have some unfinished academic or process steps before he could enroll. I thought it was distinctly different when it first appeared; and with Mora a family friend, thought that Millen would show up when he could.
this:

"Next, he transferred to Northern Arizona State University, in order to continue playing the quarterback position. Now, Millen is working through waivers so he can play for the University of Connecticut."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom