2022 Giants Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2022 Giants Thread

Reaction Score
Hire Flores
Was coming here to say that exact thing. I’m very happy we parted with Judge. And Gettleman leaving is probably the best thing to happen to this franchise in years. Now the Mara’s need to make the right call after getting it wrong so often. Hopefully they can, against all odds.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Hire Flores

Was curious who Giants fans wanted. Also, any good GM candidates? I think the most important thing is that the GM and HC share a vision of what they want.

Reaction Score
Was curious who Giants fans wanted. Also, any good GM candidates? I think the most important thing is that the GM and HC share a vision of what they want.
Monti Ossenfort would be my top choice, but he'll have his pick of jobs so no idea how realistic it is. Joe Schoen from Buffalo is probably a close 2nd, since he'd likely bring Daboll with him as HC

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If your goal is to bring better talent into the organization, there are worse choices than John Dorsey.

Reaction Score
What about Byron Leftwich?

I’m probably biased towards him as I remember him as a player and I’m not that knowledgeable about the merits of the other candidates.

What’s exciting about him is I like the offense in Tampa, and he seems like a smart, calm and personable guy.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Gettleman out, Judge and his staff out. Kitchens is much worst than Garrett I don’t know what this moron is thinking he’s dreadful. Defensively they were showing promise last half of ‘20 but somehow they’ve gone backwards. I mean if the other team got the ball back with 2-3 minutes left in the first half it was 90% guaranteed they were punching it in. That’s a bad pattern for a coach.

Let the new GM bring his guy and his staff in. Daniel Jones I think is fine get him a line and an OC I’d be happy. Pass rusher please? Gettleman never addressed this or a solid linebacking crew. I will say Carter and a couple others show some promise and they lost their best Martinez to injury.

They have a chance to get better in the draft bring someone in who can be sure that happens. And please know now, not later, Judge is NOT the answer!
I am a Jones fan, for now. He is improving with the turnovers. Danny is running for his life because of the OL. Has everyone forgot Manning was running for his life? Improve the line. I remember the Giants years past. Once the Offense scored points the defense went crazy. The defense is playing a lot of minutes.

Danny can score himself. Get short yardage first downs. The kid can throw. If your being chased by 4 defenders and get clobbered, well nothing much you can do. He was getting beat up before he can get set for a pass. Giants need a offensive play caller.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I am a Jones fan, for now. He is improving with the turnovers. Danny is running for his life because of the OL. Has everyone forgot Manning was running for his life? Improve the line. I remember the Giants years past. Once the Offense scored points the defense went crazy. The defense is playing a lot of minutes.

Danny can score himself. Get short yardage first downs. The kid can throw. If your being chased by 4 defenders and get clobbered, well nothing much you can do. He was getting beat up before he can get set for a pass. Giants need a offensive play caller.

I think they’d be dumb to waste a 1st round pick on a QB. Might not be dumb to grab one later, say 4th. Jones is good enough if you upgrade the team around him.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I am in the Jones gets another year camp, plus the QB draft is not so hot. Besides the O line though he needs a TE. Time to cut Engram loose. I also am not sold on any of the WRs.

Reaction Score
I originally wanted Flores but it occurred to me that someone in Schoen's position has likely heard a lot of behind the scenes stuff that happened with him. Its still shocking he was out there to begin with, so it does make you wonder.

Daboll has done a great job in Buffalo, and it wasn't the offense's fault that they fell short of a Super Bowl this year. Now start working on the coaching staff.

Reaction Score
Not sure how much is the OC and how much is Josh Allen there. Don’t forget. Adam Gase coached Peyton Manning to a great year.

Reaction Score
Not sure how much is the OC and how much is Josh Allen there. Don’t forget. Adam Gase coached Peyton Manning to a great year.
I’m a Bills fan. I honestly have no idea how well he’ll do as a HC. Bills spent 75% of his time here complaining that he isn’t good enough. However, he allegedly was very instrumental in developing Allen.

If he can help Jones take a big step forward, I think the rest of the offensive concerns don’t matter as much. But he obviously isn’t the OC for the Giants so it’ll be fun to watch how he does managing everything. I’m definitely rooting for him.

Reaction Score
I’m a Bills fan. I honestly have no idea how well he’ll do as a HC. Bills spent 75% of his time here complaining that he isn’t good enough. However, he allegedly was very instrumental in developing Allen.

If he can help Jones take a big step forward, I think the rest of the offensive concerns don’t matter as much. But he obviously isn’t the OC for the Giants so it’ll be fun to watch how he does managing everything. I’m definitely rooting for him.
Fair point. To counter my original post, the Jets passed over Allen and had Josh Rosen ahead of him on their draft board. Maybe he was the one that helped flip the switch in Allen.

Reaction Score
Fair point. To counter my original post, the Jets passed over Allen and had Josh Rosen ahead of him on their draft board. Maybe he was the one that helped flip the switch in Allen.
Using the Jets draft insight of the prior GM probably doesn’t help your argument.

Reaction Score

Sounds like Dorsey is coming with him. The hope is they can develop Jones, obviously won’t turn him into Allen, but keeping him consistent and putting him a position to succeed is all we can ask for right now.

I do know players love Daboll, both in New England and Buffalo, who knows if he will be great or awful but getting the syngergy with schoen is a huge thing and something the Giants have lacked for a very long time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom